• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Social WR Lounge 243: Can you make threads while yellow?

1000 posts per thread doesn't give me enough time to work myself up to make a new thread.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax man. What food would you two share? I'm thinking nachos.

Made by your fitness mother in a one piece bathing suit.

That dude would try to stabe me

LMAO Yeah, this case was very close to home. Like I said, I've worked on Boylston Street for 13 years and, at that time, walked up and down that very sidewalk every day where both bombs went off. Then that following Friday, I was locked down in Watertown all fucking day after that shootout, when Dzokhar was still on the loose. That was a long, scary day my friend. Watertown is only like 4 square miles. We were not far from the area of the shootout or the boat at all. I obsessed over that case. I couldn't get info fast enough.

I guess I wouldn't expect everybody to have the same knowledge and investment in the case as I did, and to view Patriot's Day the way I did. That story deserved to be more than just a Marky Mark falls ass backwards into every major incident that happened type of movie. I would have loved a multi-layered story and a big cast to carry the story. With kind of like an Oliver Stone's "JFK" vibe, just no conspiracy theories.

With that being said, a lot of you guys are goofs for that gang up.

@Jack V Savage @Higus @Trotsky what do you guys think of this list? Is there some portion of the con voter base that would commit to all 6 or would such a person necessarily be a characterization?

I could suggest one or two candidates here, but it's tough because I don't think many posters who are here to "own the libs" are really committed to an alternative viewpoint - just angry or overwhelmed and lashing out reactively (or trolling).

I think you did a fine job. This would take a bit more thought than I care to give right now. I'd want to fit reduction in there somewhere (and a mindset where thinking in addition to a reduced position is evidence of dishonesty) as well as an antipathy toward accurate language. I'm not sure "inability to adapt to change" is right. Maybe refusal to acknowledge needs for change.

As I imagine JVS will say in some fashion, complete disregard for truth is obviously big: the willingness to instantly flip claims when expedient or embrace known falsehoods.

Second best, maybe.

Mr. Inbetween is the best, especially season two.

I do love Barry.

What channel is that on?

The dude with alopecia on Barry deserves an Emmy. That scene in s2e1 when he confronts him about being ungrateful sbd disrespecting him was so well-acted. You totally see a positive, nonconfrontational person expressing indignant anger.

I think you did a fine job. This would take a bit more thought than I care to give right now. I'd want to fit reduction in there somewhere (and a mindset where thinking in addition to a reduced position is evidence of dishonesty) as well as an antipathy toward accurate language. I'm not sure "inability to adapt to change" is right. Maybe refusal to acknowledge needs for change.

As I imagine JVS will say in some fashion, complete disregard for truth is obviously big: the willingness to instantly flip claims when expedient or embrace known falsehoods.

What channel is that on?

The dude with alopecia on Barry deserves an Emmy. That scene in s2e1 when he confronts him about being ungrateful sbd disrespecting him was so well-acted. You totally see a positive, nonconfrontational person expressing indignant anger.
Frankly, a high schooler sexually harassing a female classmate is more forgivable than an adult with a triple digit IQ voting Republican.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back