UFC Fight Night: Till vs. Vettori

Marquez is a durable tank of a fighter that gets stronger as the fight progress. An aging Sam Alvey who barely throws punches is cutting 20 extra pounds here and he has 4 loses and a draw recently. I really think the Cuban Missile crisis gets it done here, bout time to fade Smiling Sam in my opinion.
short notice fight for Julian, not the best boxer. Was nearly beat by Pitolo. Sam looked decent in his last fight against a better boxer than Julian .He has a brown belt so its going to go down to his striking. Alvey has a decent lead hook , reminds me of Jaime Malarkey, and he is a southpaw. his style threw off jung who has clean boxing, he can end up catching Julian coming in, maybe not ko him but win points. Having 47 fights too, he is the more seasoned vet with great wins from his past. His boxing is a little underrated.

short notice fight for Julian, not the best boxer. Was nearly beat by Pitolo. Sam looked decent in his last fight against a better boxer than Julian .He has a brown belt so its going to go down to his striking. Alvey has a decent lead hook , reminds me of Jaime Malarkey, and he is a southpaw. his style threw off jung who has clean boxing, he can end up catching Julian coming in, maybe not ko him but win points. Having 47 fights too, he is the more seasoned vet with great wins from his past. His boxing is a little underrated.

At his age having 47 fights isn't great. Alvey looked ok last time maybe but Spann is pretty inconsistent to say the least. I'm not crazy on Marquez but Alvey has very high milage for a man his age. I really think Marquez can just pressure and out work Alvey here. James Krause isn't my favorite coach but he will push Marquez to move forward here. Like you said Alvey has a nice left hook and that's most of his game lately. If Krause hasn't prepared Marquez for that I'm willing to lose a bet here. That and fade both the gym and Marquez but I see him winning a decision maybe even finishing Alvey.

Really feeling sick i didn't bet on more fights from one fc. two big underdogs won

At his age having 47 fights isn't great. Alvey looked ok last time maybe but Spann is pretty inconsistent to say the least. I'm not crazy on Marquez but Alvey has very high milage for a man his age. I really think Marquez can just pressure and out work Alvey here. James Krause isn't my favorite coach but he will push Marquez to move forward here. Like you said Alvey has a nice left hook and that's most of his game lately. If Krause hasn't prepared Marquez for that I'm willing to lose a bet here. That and fade both the gym and Marquez but I see him winning a decision maybe even finishing Alvey.
I admit, there is a coinflip element here, perhaps too much a gamble, I really need to start mixing parlays with ufc, onefc and bellator more often, these ufc dogs are old battered and worn. I can see Julian doing that too. Alvey and Sasha are definitely value bets.

Perry looking lean and sporting the new Venom fight kit, I like it better than the reebok stuff so far.

I admit, there is a coinflip element here, perhaps too much a gamble, I really need to start mixing parlays with ufc, onefc and bellator more often, these ufc dogs are old battered and worn. I can see Julian doing that too. Alvey and Sasha are definitely value bets.
Coin flip at +165 sounds pfg to me.

Really feeling sick i didn't bet on more fights from one fc. two big underdogs won

I know this is the wrong thread for this, but I think maybe some fuckery was afoot tonight in One. All this late money pours in on Lapicus and DJ’s opponent. BOL graded my Alvarez action as a push.

edit: to clarify I don’t think anyone took a dive but I wonder if it wasn’t delayed

I know this is the wrong thread for this, but I think maybe some fuckery was afoot tonight in One. All this late money pours in on Lapicus and DJ’s opponent. BOL graded my Alvarez action as a push.

edit: to clarify I don’t think anyone took a dive but I wonder if it wasn’t delayed
There was a delay and I guess some people knew the results hence line movements. Alvarez ended in no contest.

Fight finder says dq tho.

I believe you tho. I Didnt watch the fights
I watched it, the ref gave him a red card which means dq. The commentators explained that it happened so early in the fight that it results in a no contest which is why bookie refunded. Might have something to do with the rules in onefc.

Marquez is a durable tank of a fighter that gets stronger as the fight progress. An aging Sam Alvey who barely throws punches is cutting 20 extra pounds here and he has 4 loses and a draw recently. I really think the Cuban Missile crisis gets it done here, bout time to fade Smiling Sam in my opinion.

Gets stronger as the fight progresses?

He slowed waaaaay down in his last fight. Alvey has the superior cardio, he's always there in round 3.

Alvey tends to back up and not throw a lot of volume, so Marquez will walk him down.

I think Marquez will slow down significantly in rounds 2/3, and Alvey will put him away. If Pitolo didn't have dogshit cardio, he was up 2 rounds, and that round 3 against Marquez was one of the sloppiest rounds I've seen.

He slowed waaaaay down in his last fight. Alvey has the superior cardio, he's always there in round 3.

Alvey tends to back up and not throw a lot of volume, so Marquez will walk him down.

I think Marquez will slow down significantly in rounds 2/3, and Alvey will put him away. If Pitolo didn't have dogshit cardio, he was up 2 rounds, and that round 3 against Marquez was one of the sloppiest rounds I've seen.
If James Krause had not motivated the shit out of Marquez in round 3 to go and get that finish, he most def would had lost that, because like you said Pitolo was up 2 rounds.

Is Alvey always there in r3? He has been KOED in 2 of his last 5 fights before seeing a 3rd round so I disagree a little there. Once by the now retired and decrepit fucking Lil Nog. Better cardio? Do you think cutting an extra 20lbs to make 185 will help with his already dog shit low output?

Did Alvey suddenly become some big finishing threat while I was asleep last night or are people wikicapping his record? Marquez has never been finished period in his mma career, Smilin Fuckin Sam really about to be the one to do that?
Who has Alvey stopped lately or in the UFC at all? Marcin the Kempo Karate kid Prachnio? Dudes whole ufc stint has been as a meme KO, the TKO loss is probably his signature move at this point.

I wouldn't even bet someone else's units that Alvey could finish his lunch these days. The guy barely throws punches. That and he gives up double underhooks against the cage like he wasn't hugged enough as a child and is trying to make up for lost time. Much more likely to get ground out against the cage or spend half the fight feinting his famous lead hook. Julian has a better kicking game and better clinch work. James Krause is going to have Marquez pressuring all 3 rounds and Alvey is probably going to get stopped again here. Sam's been getting by with the same basic limited game for way too long and it's about time for it to come to an end.

Last edited:
If James Krause had not motivated the shit out of Marquez in round 3 to go and get that finish, he most def would had lost that, because like you said Pitolo was up 2 rounds.
Does Alvey suddenly pressure wrestle like Pitolo tried to? James Krause will still be in Julian's corner pushing that same finishing mentality for all 3 rounds again.

Just watched that clip you shared. No I still think Alvey's boxing is over rated along with the rest of his game. You realize that clip was him basically only throwing the same 1 punch right? He throws a nice lead right hook over the guard and that's about it.

Does Alvey suddenly pressure wrestle like Pitolo tried to? James Krause will still be in Julian's corner pushing that same finishing mentality for all 3 rounds again.
tbf Pitolo wasn't even a high school wrestler, Alvey did wrestle in hs and has a bjj brown belt, he got a draw with a sharper striker in Jung. I think that was my original reason for picking Alvey , though i do give Marquez the athletic explosive advantage, still has elements of a coin flip.

Just watched that clip you shared. No I still think Alvey's boxing is over rated along with the rest of his game. You realize that clip was him basically only throwing the same 1 punch right? He throws a nice lead right hook over the guard and that's about it.
Sometimes that's all it takes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back