News Conor responds to Dustin about 500k donation: A donation, not a debt. (Update 2: Both respond)

Nothing too wrong with agreeing in principle and then just waiting for the full project disclosure before transferring the funds.

Plenty of charities use most of the donations for “management” and other “costs” with a tiny percentage being actually utilized in their projects ...
"I think the charity is striving to do some great work." =/= "I'm going to donate $500,000."

Again, slice it however you want, and think the situation NOW is an understandable one, but it's still him going back on it. All he has to do is ask first, then donate. Real simple process.

Charities in the USA are very often notorious scams. This is a historical fact. Connor is doing his due diligence by asking what the money will be used for DOT for DOT. Which means he wants an itemised list which precisely shows where the money is going. Dustin didn't supply it.
Dustin claims they have reached out to Conor’s team multiple times with no reply. It sure doesn’t sound like it’s Dustins team dropping the ball here..

The guys who think Connor is stupid for doing his due diligence before finalising his charity donations are probably the same people who donated to Wyclef Jean to save the children and to the BLM's founder new multimillion dollar mansion in an exclusive LA neighbourhood. <45>

Dustin claims they have reached out to Conor’s team multiple times with no reply. It sure doesn’t sound like it’s Dustins team dropping the ball here..

I would like to see what exactly the "reached out" part entails. If he did meet Connor's request for detail, then sure.

Charities in the USA are very often notorious scams. This is a historical fact. Connor is doing his due diligence by asking what the money will be used for DOT for DOT. Which means he wants an itemised list which precisely shows where the money is going. Dustin didn't supply it.
this is fact. If I was Conor and they couldn't tell me the exact details of how my 500K donation was being used, I wouldn't pay the donation either. Dustin saying in an interview that he wants to build a gym is nowhere near enough detail. On the other hand, Conor could just be trying to bs his way out of bad press. I guess we'll find out soon.

Conor's already exposed at his word, it just depends how much further that exposure will go into his character.

Ortega has some vague charity that hasn't really developed any sort of plans or solutions, from what it seems so far. Dustin's shit has gotten shit done. I mean, it could be some Susan G Komen where shit is getting done, but donations are getting all whacky and disappear, but you know what you do in that case? You don't donate... and you don't say you'll donate... 500 thousand dollars.

Not really. He said he would donate, he can still donate.

Did Conor actually say he would donate to Ortega's charity? Because I wasn't aware. If he didn't, isn't that exactly what Conor did. Not donating to a shady org like Ortega's.

But I think I understand the point you're trying to make, but you can't always see from the outside if an org is trustworthy or not, just because you can easily tell with Ortega's.

The guys who think Connor is stupid for doing his due diligence before finalising his charity donations are probably the same people who donated to Wyclef Jean to save the children and to the BLM's founder new multimillion dollar mansion in an exclusive LA neighbourhood. <45>
You guys really can't wrap your mind around the real criticism, can you? No one's saying he should automatically have given the money. You can't be this fucking stupid. They're saying he shouldn't have said he was going to before he was going to. How hard of a concept is that to grasp?

I didn't donate money to those foundations. You know why? Cuz I look up that shit beforehand. You do your due diligence BEFORE going "HUR DUR, I GOT MILLIONS! ... WHOOPS!" and then have people sitting here going "Hey, that's one savvy business man."

Not really. He said he would donate, he can still donate.
He could still not. But he said he would. That's the point. I don't disagree with him not donating. But he's disagreeing with himself currently.

Don't dive too much into the Ortega joke. I'll always make a joke about how fake T-sauce The Cheat Ortega is if given the chance.

Here are the facts. Defend them how you will:

1) He is saying right now that he is hesitant to donate money before knowing the exact trail that money would take. What percents would go in what directions, how it would be applied, everything. That's an understandable point.

2) He has also said that he would donate $500k to the foundation, which is noble and charitable.

How could these two positive points be at all negative? Because he said #2 before #1. He has created a situation where he is going against his word because he wants to do homework now that he didn't do before, back when he pledged something he's not doing. However right you imagine he is now, coming out of it. Maybe he's just fixing something that was before or maybe he's hesitating now. However you slice it, there IS a mistake there.

Dustin said their team reached out 3 times and were ghosted. My thinking is there was no response or any question regarding where the funds are going to. Conor just didn't want to pay it and him / his team ignored it. My thinking leans towards this because if Conor had requested specfics and Dustin didn't respond because he was running a scam then why the fork will Dustin bring it into public light where logic says he would just keep it hush hush. Eitherway good drama from a spectators point of view and lets see what extra content comes out. As it stands Conor is a POS regardless what happened here.

Conor caught out!
He knew the plans

I think he needs better proof than that, like actual binding paperwork and stuff like that. It's a business transaction, not a twitter exchange of promises and feels.

Well easy way to solve who is in the wrong is to release the emails. Most anticipated emails since Hillary Clinton’s emails got hacked

You guys really can't wrap your mind around the real criticism, can you? No one's saying he should automatically have given the money. You can't be this fucking stupid. They're saying he shouldn't have said he was going to before he was going to. How hard of a concept is that to grasp?

I didn't donate money to those foundations. You know why? Cuz I look up that shit beforehand. You do your due diligence BEFORE going "HUR DUR, I GOT MILLIONS! ... WHOOPS!" and then have people sitting here going "Hey, that's one savvy business man."

It is acceptable to announce a planned donation to a charity in good faith, based upon the expectation and assumption that the charity would provide a detailed response of how the money will be used. You "look up shit before hand" because your donations are probably somewhere between $1-$10. If one is planning to donate half a million dollars, then it's reasonable to expect the charity to provide a highly detailed plan of how the money will be used prior to the donation being finalised.

Last edited:
He could still not. But he said he would. That's the point. I don't disagree with him not donating. But he's disagreeing with himself currently.

Don't dive too much into the Ortega joke. I'll always make a joke about how fake T-sauce The Cheat Ortega is if given the chance.

He didn't but he still can, and can not, but like he said he wants to see the plans first. So at least he makes it sound like he is still planning to. How is he disagreeing with himself?

Low IQ individual detected. It is acceptable to announce a planned donation to a charity in good faith, based upon the expectation and assumption that the charity would provide a detailed response of how the money will be used. You "look up shit before hand" because your donations are probably somewhere between $1-$10. If one is planning to donate half a million dollars, then it's reasonable to expect the charity to provide a highly detailed plan of how the money will be used prior to the donation being finalised.
Plan before pledge, bud. Again, not difficult. There's an order of operations here. You seem to be missing it.

A lesson in life -

Don't KTFO your prospective donars - they may renege.

Bonus lesson - never trust Conor. He's all show. Delve even an inch deeper and you see the real Conor. The apologists in this thread are cringeworthy.

Last edited:
I think he needs better proof than that, like actual binding paperwork and stuff like that. It's a business transaction, not a twitter exchange of promises and feels.
Its not a twitter exchange.
Its a screenshot of what Conor mcgregor posted on Instagram before the fight.
About the charity.

Back