• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Rumble Johnson in incredible shape 2 weeks out from fight

ElaborateInfiniteAnkolewatusi-size_restricted.gif

A green Romero tbf.

Feijao was a bad motherfucker too at the time

You can't really compare his gas tank to when he was cutting to 170, I think that's a little bit unfair.
I agree, though Rumble is 37 now and had a long layoff. He looks great, though.

I'm amazed at how much stock people still have in 37 year old Rumble, his last win was mid 2016, and he's ballooned and done Sumo since, does anyone know if he's been training for that entire inactive time?

I guess another testament to whether ring rust is real or not. I bet Conor is favouring Yoel.

Rumble and Yoel shouldn't be fighting each other yet. One should've fought Corey Anderson and the other should've been fed that scrub that Corey beat. This is something you want to see in the semifinals or even final.

I'm amazed at how much stock people still have in 37 year old Rumble, his last win was mid 2016, and he's ballooned and done Sumo since, does anyone know if he's been training for that entire inactive time?

I guess another testament to whether ring rust is real or not. I bet Conor is favouring Yoel.

Rumble's weakness has always been gassing and getting RNC'd. But he's already faced two of the best wrestlers in the tournament and that didn't happen. He beat both of them, and they're both about the same age he is. The real wild card is the layoff and his skills (inactivity part you're talking about).

Rumble's weakness has always been gassing and getting RNC'd. But he's already faced two of the best wrestlers in the tournament and that didn't happen. He beat both of them, and they're both about the same age he is. The real wild card is the layoff and his skills (inactivity part you're talking about).
I mean yeah Rumble half a decade ago had his flaws, one would imagine those flaws would be even worse after that time off... Dude could legit come back sloppy looking ready for Bareknuckle or Chuck Liddell next, it's not off the table unless I learn he's been in the gym all the time through the last 5 years.. Which looking at pictures of him over those years, I don't think he has.

And that's not even mentioning his psychological weaknesses.. His motivation is also another factor putting doubt in my mind.

He gassed @ MW against Vitor and @ HW against Andrei

He did miss weight significantly in the Vitor fight so I assume a bad cut. HW maybe not cutting could have made him a bit lazy with his training?

Romero does not have the gas tank either to tire Rumble out.
Dunno about that, most of his finishes have come in round 3, and he's never been finished whilst gassing, his opponents always struggle to keep up the pace with him too... And this time he won't have an outrageous weight cut to take.

Where as most of Rumbles finishes have come in round 1 or 2 and he's never gone 5 rounds, or even 4.

I think he got the toughest stylistic match up for him right out of the gate. Hope he gets the win

Back