Social War Room Lounge v258: I love durian, but I never tried to hatch one.

Which button do you press?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck immortality. You’d see the end of the universe. And let me tell you, if it’s anything like this documentary I saw, it’s going to suck.

Well the real question is what is going to happen to your brain. Either your brain will fill up with memory after a couple hundred years and you go catatonic like a computer with full memory. You start forgetting things at random or some sort of weird evolution happens to your brain. The later is the most likely since someone is making you immortal. If there is some sort of fundamental change to your brain to allow you to retain millions of years of experience. How you perceive the end of the universe might be in a way none of us could conceive.

@PolishHeadlock2 @Quipling @Jack V Savage

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/04/scotus-court-reform-already-happening.html

It blows my mind that liberals still don't understand that the real power behind conservative court reform aren't primarily interested in abortion and guns. They don't obliterate Roe v. Wade or 2nd Amendment jurisprudence and the popular liberal response is "they're not that extreme - conservative donors are upset!" When, in actuality, reactionary social policy was always just the bait for reform (and/or resistance) on taxation, federal regulation, gerrymandering, and campaign finance. Returning to medieval policy on abortion and destroying all gun laws would amount to killing the golden goose and would result in the realization of policies that are themselves very unpopular.

Well the real question is what is going to happen to your brain. Either your brain will fill up with memory after a couple hundred years and you go catatonic like a computer with full memory. You start forgetting things at random or some sort of weird evolution happens to your brain. The later is the most likely since someone is making you immortal. If there is some sort of fundamental change to your brain to allow you to retain millions of years of experience. How you perceive the end of the universe might be in a way none of us could conceive.
Haven't you ever seen any of the Wolverine movies with Hugh Jackman? Wolverine's brain handles immortality just fine and dandy

Haven't you ever seen any of the Wolverine movies with Hugh Jackman? Wolverine's brain handles immortality just fine and dandy

Wolverine was born during the civil war. A human brain has enough storage for 3-4 hundred years. Past that it is in trouble

Haven't you seen Logan? He is just long lived not immortal

Wolverine was born during the civil war. A human brain has enough storage for 3-4 hundred years. Past that it is in trouble

Haven't you seen Logan? He is just long lived not immortal
He was actually born before the Civil War in 1832.

I did see Logan, but the Immortality was explored in The Wolverine. The CEO of Samsung was offering Logan to take away his Immortality.

Logan was immortal and supposed to live forever but the experiment where they injected him with adamantium bones poisoned him and overrid his healing ability

@PolishHeadlock2 @Quipling @Jack V Savage

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/04/scotus-court-reform-already-happening.html

It blows my mind that liberals still don't understand that the real power behind conservative court reform aren't primarily interested in abortion and guns. They don't obliterate Roe v. Wade or 2nd Amendment jurisprudence and the popular liberal response is "they're not that extreme - conservative donors are upset!" When, in actuality, reactionary social policy was always just the bait for reform (and/or resistance) on taxation, federal regulation, gerrymandering, and campaign finance. Returning to medieval policy on abortion and destroying all gun laws would amount to killing the golden goose and would result in the realization of policies that are themselves very unpopular.

I'm not so sure about that. If there is a risk of a packed court that will reaffirm or even develop former liberal jurisdiction, I might imagine such cases would be accelerated.

Well if you consider building an ignore list from scratch, the 'no never' votes in my vaccination thread is not the worst possible place to start.

The "ooh baby (ooh baby)" break actually makes that song simply unforgettable, and produces the kind of childhood nostalgia vibes that make me contemplate and sigh.

*Sigh*
I fucking love that song lol. This topic made me think about something I wrote in my journal a few weeks back.

Is there science behind why nostalgic memories have that "tint" to them?

Can't imagine your other nine. :eek:
I mean.

The Clash
Crass
Bad Brains
The Damned
Alkaline Trio
The Virus
Dead Kennedies
Against All Authority
The Ramones
Leftover Crack
Oi Polloi

Not in that order of course, and that's a dumb list. I mean there's 77 punk, Oi! punk, pogo punk, ska punk, street punk.

I mean come on listen to this and tell me it's not incredible.

The dance floor so bloody that even my docs were slipping. Saw them with Cheap Sex and Defiance. Beautiful show.

Or come on. Let's not deny this fucking cover.

Was on the fence when I saw them. The AKAs, The Unseen, The Casualties, and Anti Flag.

Local pigs were real anti punk rock and said that venue security would be enough so they manned the fence. They were swinging mag lights and punx were swinging on the pigs. It was fucking beautiful. I have a chipped tooth from that show and three ribs were bruised.

Bruh. After the Unseen, hundreds of punx were chanting "40 oz, 40 oz, 40 oz Casualties"

They set police siren's on both sides of the stage, dude walks out on full combat gear and a gasmask waving an "Up the Punx" flag as we chanted louder and louder.

Then the Casualties hit the fucking stage with Tomorrow Belongs to Us.

It was as if every fucking punk rocker in the crowd took a deep breath when their bassist jumped I to the air... When his boots hit the ground beautiful chaos took over.

I literally screamed in pain as my ribs were smashed against the fence. Oddly enough it fit the chorus.

Anti Flag headlined. The pigs manning the fence were under city council orders to run the punks out or bricktown. Hell they smashed my face repeatedly into a brick wall a month before at a Lower Class Brats show because I had the audacity to ask for a pigs badge number.

My mohawk was folded in half.im soaked in sweat and blood, Anti Flag hadn't bit the stage yet. They heard about the pigs so they opened with this

Beautiful beautiful bassline. It turned into a brawl. The pigs were swinging mag lights at random and the punx were throwing fists

A few elbows thrown (77 cone studs. File them down real sharp.) I slashed a few Fascists that way.

One of the best nights of my life. Truly.

All this talk about Antifa, but when Sherman was snatched because he ran raisethefist.org and the FBI swarmed him because someone posted a molotov recipe. If only they knew. Shields with glass shards, lacrosse sticks for teargas, slingshots, docs with glass super glued, spurs for boot parties.

This straight up pussy shit. Where the fuck are the curb checks, blade brands, and boot parties?

Soft. Everybody is so hysterical these days, left and right, but they're fucking soft. I remember seeing a jar of teeth a SHARP "collected" from freshie boneheads.

Antifa is literally the most pussy it's ever been and these fucking losers crying bout it lol.

We live on a horrible reality. I don't know if you watched the video, but the illegal Israeli settlers we're not allowed to boycott just brutalized Palestinians a few days ago. You and I did that, every American poster here did that. The screams of their children as they attacked, brutal. Us. It's us. We pay for it.

When Reagan had children's skulls beaten in with hammers in Guatemala. It was us. When the fucking children blown to pieces in Yemen, we paid for the bomb. It's us.

Biden, Trump, Obama, Bush. They're ripping children from their parents because they're fleeing a crisis you and I, our parents created.

Our police murder our mentally ill, that's a fact.

We imprison our poor for selling drugs. Heroin illegal but oxy is fine. Cocaine is illegal but adderall is fine. Marijuana is illegal but alcohol is fine.

But... We find freedom in this hopelessness.

I fucking love that song lol. This topic made me think about something I wrote in my journal a few weeks back.

Is there science behind why nostalgic memories have that "tint" to them?

I mean.

The Clash
Crass
Bad Brains
The Damned
Alkaline Trio
The Virus
Dead Kennedies
Against All Authority
The Ramones
Leftover Crack
Oi Polloi

Not in that order of course, and that's a dumb list. I mean there's 77 punk, Oi! punk, pogo punk, ska punk, street punk.

I mean come on listen to this and tell me it's not incredible.

The dance floor so bloody that even my docs were slipping. Saw them with Cheap Sex and Defiance. Beautiful show.

Or come on. Let's not deny this fucking cover.

Was on the fence when I saw them. The AKAs, The Unseen, The Casualties, and Anti Flag.

Local pigs were real anti punk rock and said that venue security would be enough so they manned the fence. They were swinging mag lights and punx were swinging on the pigs. It was fucking beautiful. I have a chipped tooth from that show and three ribs were bruised.

Bruh. After the Unseen, hundreds of punx were chanting "40 oz, 40 oz, 40 oz Casualties"

They set police siren's on both sides of the stage, dude walks out on full combat gear and a gasmask waving an "Up the Punx" flag as we chanted louder and louder.

Then the Casualties hit the fucking stage with Tomorrow Belongs to Us.

It was as if every fucking punk rocker in the crowd took a deep breath when their bassist jumped I to the air... When his boots hit the ground beautiful chaos took over.

I literally screamed in pain as my ribs were smashed against the fence. Oddly enough it fit the chorus.

Anti Flag headlined. The pigs manning the fence were under city council orders to run the punks out or bricktown. Hell they smashed my face repeatedly into a brick wall a month before at a Lower Class Brats show because I had the audacity to ask for a pigs badge number.

My mohawk was folded in half.im soaked in sweat and blood, Anti Flag hadn't bit the stage yet. They heard about the pigs so they opened with this

Beautiful beautiful bassline. It turned into a brawl. The pigs were swinging mag lights at random and the punx were throwing fists

A few elbows thrown (77 cone studs. File them down real sharp.) I slashed a few Fascists that way.

One of the best nights of my life. Truly.

All this talk about Antifa, but when Sherman was snatched because he ran raisethefist.org and the FBI swarmed him because someone posted a molotov recipe. If only they knew. Shields with glass shards, lacrosse sticks for teargas, slingshots, docs with glass super glued, spurs for boot parties.

This straight up pussy shit. Where the fuck are the curb checks, blade brands, and boot parties?

Soft. Everybody is so hysterical these days, left and right, but they're fucking soft. I remember seeing a jar of teeth a SHARP "collected" from freshie boneheads.

Antifa is literally the most pussy it's ever been and these fucking losers crying bout it lol.

We live on a horrible reality. I don't know if you watched the video, but the illegal Israeli settlers we're not allowed to boycott just brutalized Palestinians a few days ago. You and I did that, every American poster here did that. The screams of their children as they attacked, brutal. Us. It's us. We pay for it.

When Reagan had children's skulls beaten in with hammers in Guatemala. It was us. When the fucking children blown to pieces in Yemen, we paid for the bomb. It's us.

Biden, Trump, Obama, Bush. They're ripping children from their parents because they're fleeing a crisis you and I, our parents created.

Our police murder our mentally ill, that's a fact.

We imprison our poor for selling drugs. Heroin illegal but oxy is fine. Cocaine is illegal but adderall is fine. Marijuana is illegal but alcohol is fine.

But... We find freedom in this hopelessness.

<escalate99>

Good morning friends!

Sup, bruh? I'm sad that so many Sherbros and girls seem to have some pretty severe mental health issues.

I fucking love that song lol. This topic made me think about something I wrote in my journal a few weeks back. Is there science behind why nostalgic memories have that "tint" to them?

No idea, but @Jack V Savage might have something from Slate Star Codex that addresses it.

immortality for me because I have a lot of graves I want to piss on
good that you have the "end it" clause, without that I wouldn't choose immortality, that would be horrifying.

Hot take here but I don't even think foot fetish should count as a fetish. It'd be like saying that as a guy who appreciates a woman's legs that I have a leg fetish. Feet have one of the highest concentration of nerves in the body, in terms of the surface of the body only lips have a higher concentration and unsurprisingly lips have an intimate/erotic connotation to them as well.

Same. He apparently got neutered though and the merged all his worthless threads. Hopefully his account is next
Hey you never did respond to my question as to why you think Kamala is racist. You don't have to of course but still curious as to why you think that.

Sup, bruh? I'm sad that so many Sherbros and girls seem to have some pretty severe mental health issues.

It definitely makes me sad. My inbox is always welcoming to anyone who struggles and needs an ear to bend.

In happy news, my buddy gave me LSD as a birthday gift. I already have some for my birthday, but now I'll have extra for when I decide I want to trip at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back