Diego Sanchez gives verbal statement on IG Live (cliffs provided)

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
Diego is the one who fought all those fights and got punched, kicked, elbowed in the face countless times.

It was his choice.

You cant blame the company for neurological damage when you willingly fought killers.

You also cant make up your own rules.

But all this Bullshit and yet Diego said he wants to fight again in Bellator/ BKFC/ OneFC ect

The exact verbiage here seems like it matters. If they are asking him to state that he's never received brain injuries as a result of fighting in the UFC, then that's horseshit. How would Diego even know? If they are asking him to say he's not experiencing symptoms currently of brain trauma, then that's just sensible. Hard to judge what the UFC said when it's been filtered through Deigo's advisors and then Diego.

Solid point by Diego. If the UFC is claiming he was cut for losing to Matthews, that's obviously untrue.

Everyone else understands. His manager is working an angle and the UFC knew it. Doesn't make the UFC right or Fabia wrong, but there's no misunderstanding here.

UFC's position is that medical records requests go through the commission. Not sure if that is true, but it seems plausible.
Ufc got spooked by Fabia probably

Diego is the one who fought all those fights and got punched, kicked, elbowed in the face countless times.

It was his choice.

You cant blame the company for neurological damage when you willingly fought killers.

You also cant make up your own rules.

But all this Bullshit and yet Diego said he wants to fight again in Bellator/ BKFC/ OneFC ect

Yeah I'd be more on Diegos side if he didn't post those videos on IG making fun of sherdoggers (fans) for calling out his CTE probabilities and urging him to retire and by immediately soliciting other organizations after his release

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-trauma-diego-sanchez.4110042/#post-160354267

Last edited:
He sounds fucked up. Always searching for words and whatnot. He is American, is he not?

But I never really followed Diego at all

The reason he was released was because of that goofball coach of his and the little stunt they pulled recording that interview. The UFC is making a statement to these fighters not to f*ck with their staff. Dan Hardy went at it with one of them and looked what happened to him.....fired. Take your drama to Bellator.

Diego was all "oh I'm free at last" but now it's "poor me".

Are you fucking kidding me here?

They wanted Diego to publicly declare he recieved no brain damage from the UFC?

That’s a lie.

He got knocked out cold by Iaquinta and got his ass kicked in many other fights.

Poor Diego just gets screwed by everyone.

Fabia, Dana, the UFC.

He even got screwed over by his ex baby mama who was living with him and the kid turned out to not be his.

NO this is showing that fabia has done nothing but try to help diego because the ufc wasn't going to. why do people disrespect diego this much

the sport the ufc and the fans did diego dirty. definitely not fabia. gotta respect diego and the people he trusts

NO this is showing that fabia has done nothing but try to help diego because the ufc wasn't going to. why do people disrespect diego this much
the sport the ufc and the fans did diego dirty. definitely not fabia. gotta respect diego and the people he trusts
You have to be one of the weirder sherdawg trolls. A Fabia apologist lol.

no i respect diego and I've paid closer attention to the situation than most people. it is that simple. you are following the narrative against them. go talk to diego. if you can't hear him out you don't respect him.
OK, tell me where I'm wrong with these points.
1a. Diego Sanchez is shot.
1b. Diego Sanchez has suffered at least 15 concussions during his UFC career
2. Fabia is a shit coach and hasn't helped Diego be a better fighter.
3. Under these prior conditions, anyone involved in Diego fighting is pretty fucked up since there's no upside to Diego fighting anymore when he's that badly shot.

1. diego is at the end of his career but he had a good fight in him if the ufc respecting him and gave him the proper send off.
2. yeah this is why fabia has helped diego and why diego was less reckless in his last few fights instead of going on a brutal getting finished streak like a chris weidman . diego was on this exact path before fabia stepped in, diego was getting more rambly in interviews and the media was playing on it and fabia helped diego with getting his thoughts together and not getting brutally ko'd .
3. fabia is a good friend and manager who has helped diegos health in a lot of ways. physically and psychologically. not everything we see form him is legit i agree with that. but for diego hes been a perfect fit. the main thing he helped diego with i already stated and to be honest anyone could have done this you don't need to be some super special coach to make diego more aware of his situation and health.
4. Diego was going to leave the ufc broke and with nothing after getting finished brutally 3 times he would have kept being reckless and the ufc would have let him get finished 2-3 more times. i agree he probably shouldn't have continued but i think in the end fabia helped diego get more fights in and retire with more money and in better health than he would have otherwise.

deigo got finished by joe al and matt brown. after this diego does much better at being more cautious and making it a fight despite being past it. people are over looking the good josh did for diego. Diego is not some brain dead idiot. he knows how to think. I understand hes been concussed a lot but not to the point of where hes going to fall for some bull shit. talk to the people in the situation. talk to diego and ask him why fabia. why this. and you are going to feel bad you didn't look at the bigger picture

Last edited:
OK, tell me where I'm wrong with these points.
1a. Diego Sanchez is shot.
1b. Diego Sanchez has suffered at least 15 concussions during his UFC career
2. Fabia is a shit coach and hasn't helped Diego be a better fighter.
3. Under these prior conditions, anyone involved in Diego fighting is pretty fucked up since there's no upside to Diego fighting anymore when he's that badly shot.

oops your message didn't quote in my reply but i explained

1. diego is at the end of his career but he had a good fight in him if the ufc respecting him and gave him the proper send off.
So he's shot is what you're saying
2. yeah this is why fabia has helped diego and why diego was less reckless in his last few fights instead of going on a brutal getting finished streak like a chris weidman . diego was on this exact path before fabia stepped in, diego was getting more rambly in interviews and the media was playing on it and fabia helped diego with getting his thoughts together and not getting brutally ko'd .
So he's shot since instead of losing and getting knocked out, he's just losing and getting dominated. And that should be acceptable. lol
3. fabia is a good friend and manager who has helped diegos health in a lot of ways. physically and psychologically. not everything we see form him is legit i agree with that. but for diego hes been a perfect fit. the main thing he helped diego with i already stated and to be honest anyone could have done this you don't need to be some super special coach to make diego more aware of his situation and health.
Making Diego aware of his health means forcing him to retire, there's no other morally good option here.
4. Diego was going to leave the ufc broke and with nothing after getting finished brutally 3 times he would have kept being reckless and the ufc would have let him get finished 2-3 more times. i agree he probably shouldn't have continued but i think in the end fabia helped diego get more fights in and retire with more money and in better health than he would have otherwise.
So he helped Diego get more brain damage for scraps. Wow, such care.
deigo got finished by joe al and matt brown. after this diego does much better at being more cautious and making it a fight despite being past it. people are over looking the good josh did for diego. Diego is not some brain dead idiot. he knows how to think. I understand hes been concussed a lot but not to the point of where hes going to fall for some bull shit. talk to the people in the situation. talk to diego and ask him why fabia. why this. and you are going to feel bad you didn't look at the bigger picture
If your fighter has to settle for just not being stopped, they are fucking shot. period. They shouldn't be fighting.

Hi Josh

basically Fabia freaked out the lawyers

and UFC decided to lawyer up basically

So he's shot is what you're saying

So he's shot since instead of losing and getting knocked out, he's just losing and getting dominated. And that should be acceptable. lol

Making Diego aware of his health means forcing him to retire, there's no other morally good option here.

So he helped Diego get more brain damage for scraps. Wow, such care.

If your fighter has to settle for just not being stopped, they are fucking shot. period. They shouldn't be fighting.

go talk to diego and stop acting like you think for him.
he has a lot of injuries and health issues. he leaves the ufc hes no longer covered. does this make sense to you? if he has to fight 3-4 more times financially and there is no stopping him this would have been the way to do it. josh is there to help diego not control him.

also you think this guy has enough power to cast a spell on both diego and bonnar? you have no respect man. the media has portrayed both bad and both have had issues with mental health. people look at the entire situation wrong

Back