• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Woodley training in boxing/mma fans making excuses early.

Cant rap, Cant compete in MMA anymore, Cant box

Take the pay day and retire T wood

Like it or not, Woodley is representing UFC and MMA in a fight against Jake Paul. If he loses, mma is gonna be on suicide watch
If Dana and the UFC paid these former champs more, the UFC would NOT be in this spot of being humiliated. Woodley is 1 of the great UFC WW's of all time, no doubt about it..

Now being a former champ with numerous title defenses you would think he could retire comfortably, and have no need to engage in this sideshow circus. Probably not. When Jake said he was going to "Give Tyron the biggest payday of his life"..

Shit he is probably right..

He's technically not under contract anywhere.

Not that he's out of the UFC per say. Just that he finished out his contract and hasn't resigned. He's probably hoping this fight will help give his name a little more promotional value to negotiate with whoever he signs with. Or at least he'll make a ton of money and can go record sounds that should never have been made in the first place alone in a basement somewhere.

Interesting to see him get beaten up? Haha why do you want to see him if you don't think he'll be successful?
He's not a very good boxer but he has power and he's strong and maybe he could learn to use the dirty boxing clinch. He could be an alright bare knuckle fighter, good enough to have some interesting fights. Yes he'd probably lose most of them but I'd watch.

Jake hits harder than a lot of welterweights. I can see him doing well against Woodley, but I still think Woodley wins.

Yeah but MMA fans also think that a welterweight who was champ not long ago should be able easily defeat an internet celebrity in boxing. Especially because Woodleys best asset is obviously his punching power.

Also its absolutely hilarious how you are pretending that a significant portion of mma fans did not think that conor would beat floyd

It sounds like you are making excuses for Woodley already
You, like most 2-D sherdoggers, assume inaccurately. Lol, I honestly dislike both guys as fighters. I will say more recently JP is getting my thumbs up, but that has nothing to do with what he does in the ring and everything to do with him sticking up for the fighters and him shitting on Dana. But none of that's here nor there, being that I legitimately a) don't know shit about boxing, short of what I've learned through mma b) have no clue who's going to win and c) I have the where withal to know that I don't know...unlike most of you chumps.o_O

Finished his contract and it doesn't auto-renew because he ain't champ.

Back