Woodley training in boxing/mma fans making excuses early.

What kind of grown ass man has an anime avatar?
Haha I used to be the dude who thought anyone who didn't read nonfiction or watch documentaries for entertainment was a childish, idiot

Eventually, I realized I was just closing myself off from a lot of interesting shit

he wasn't cut. he finished his contract.

Honestly, you have to be kind of stupid to sign with the ufc at this point. If you have a name at all you should be trying to fight strongmen, youtubers, boxers, or prowrestlers. Make some money while you still can. The ufc won't do jack for you. It's small time. Unless you like fighting to make dana more rich, there is no reason to do it.

I hope Showtime is actually paying him. Askren got a comically small amount in comparison to revenue generated from the fight.

The question has already been answered, but yes, he fought his contract out.

He got cut. You don't have a contract anymore when you get cut.
He didn't get "cut." He fulfilled his contract and wasn't offered another one.

JDS was cut. He got a call one day that said "don't worry about those last fights you owe us because we will no longer be needing your services. You're free to do what you want."

Nobody is disputing the a boxer can go into MMA and be successful. Surely I don’t need to point out why a world champion boxer going into MMA is not a demonstration of a mixed martial artist being successful in boxing?

Im saying that an MMA fighter who doesn’t have a boxing background is incapable of going into boxing and having any proper success. You may as well have included the likes of James Toney in your example.
Duffy, Lytle, Noons and MVP didn’t start as boxers, but transitioned into it.

You, like most 2-D sherdoggers, assume inaccurately. Lol, I honestly dislike both guys as fighters. I will say more recently JP is getting my thumbs up, but that has nothing to do with what he does in the ring and everything to do with him sticking up for the fighters and him shitting on Dana. But none of that's here nor there, being that I legitimately a) don't know shit about boxing, short of what I've learned through mma b) have no clue who's going to win and c) I have the where withal to know that I don't know...unlike most of you chumps.o_O

You essentially said that, "MMA fans have concluded that MMA fighters aren't as good at boxing as professioinal boxers".

Meanwhile, a significant portion of MMA fans truly believed that Conor had a good chance in beating Floyd in boxing.

So its clear that you are a complete moron and I have no respect for any of your opinions.

If Dana and the UFC paid these former champs more, the UFC would NOT be in this spot of being humiliated. Woodley is 1 of the great UFC WW's of all time, no doubt about it..

Now being a former champ with numerous title defenses you would think he could retire comfortably, and have no need to engage in this sideshow circus. Probably not. When Jake said he was going to "Give Tyron the biggest payday of his life"..

Shit he is probably right..
Floyd made more than anyone and took the Paul fight, not necessarily true that Woodley wouldn't take the Paul fight if he had made more money in the UFC

Ben Askren took a dive.
Tyron should do the same. Get rich and fuck off.

You essentially said that, "MMA fans have concluded that MMA fighters aren't as good at boxing as professioinal boxers".

Meanwhile, a significant portion of MMA fans truly believed that Conor had a good chance in beating Floyd in boxing.

So its clear that you are a complete moron and I have no respect for any of your opinions.
1) Those weren't mma fans, those were Conor nuthuggers

and 2)
<Dany07>
...at the very idea that anyone cares whether a pissant like you respects them.

I mean, they stood up the entire time cuz their grappling cancelled eachother.

Woodley froze up against this:
martin-kampmann-jake-shields-1.jpg

Woodley’s style and physical attributes do not transfer well to boxing. Does anyone think it’s even possible that he wins a decision? He pretty much has to find a way to knock jake out early, which is a lot harder than in MMA considering the gloves and the time you get to recover if you get dropped

Back