Woodley training in boxing/mma fans making excuses early.

Well because theyre boxing and floyd is a boxer. If paul was going to fight woodley in an mma match then we'd say paul has practically zero chance.
The argument was that Woodley is shot and that’s why Jake has a chance, Woodley of 5 years ago would’ve demolished him.
Floyd is older and has more mileage than Woodley. The same argument should be valid in this case as well.

The argument was that Woodley is shot and that’s why Jake has a chance, Woodley of 5 years ago would’ve demolished him.
Floyd is older and has more mileage than Woodley. The same argument should be valid in this case as well.

No it is both true that woodley from 5 years ago would beat him and now that woodley is shot, jake has a much better shot at beating him outside mma. If it was mma it would not matter that woodley is shot because hes still way better than paul at mma. Mayweather is also shot but hes still way better than paul at boxing. Makes sense?

Maybe, but why does this argument doesn’t work for Floyd? He’s even older than Woodley and had 2x as many fights, yet nobody is giving Logan a chance.

Because one is Mayweather, ATG boxer, the other is Woodley, novice amateur boxer.

Yes, not really.

You give legit reasons to be concerned, but if he can't pull it off, it makes no sense... If he can't pull it off, wouldn't it make sense that those reasons to be concerned explain, at least, partly why he couldn't pull it off. Meaning it, at least, partly makes sense.

I don't have faith in that ten year thing. He's been rapping for probably ten years too... He shot the promo at Church St boxing. That is a white collar boxing club within Wall Street area. There isn't even much history. It opened in 1997?

I wasn't aware Maywheather was on a four fight loss streak without winning a round and looking clinically depressed

You give legit reasons to be concerned, but if he can't pull it off, it makes no sense... If he can't pull it off, wouldn't it make sense that those reasons to be concerned explain, at least, partly why he couldn't pull it off. Meaning it, at least, partly makes sense.
I mean, I can try to elaborate, but it's gonna be the same step forward, step backward conclusion.

Woodley had a busted shoulder he tried to fix with surgery. Among many things, bad shoulders get in the way of keeping hands up, that was the main issue for Rockhold, for example - he had a shit shoulder that lead to all of his recent problems. On top of that, T-Wood's got hand arthritis that's, apparently, serious. So both defensively and offensively, he's compromised. Add to it, even if he got in his most realistic peak condition - it's gonna be a peak for a 40 year old. And then his mind's just wandering, he's been gun shy for however many fights now.

So that's Paul's big hope, that Woodley's degraded enough to be beatable. But there is no way Paul knows more about boxing than Woodley, that he's more skilled than Woodley. It's just not possible when Paul himself is so young and hasn't been doing this for so long himself. And there's no way he can eat even an arthritis riddled T-Bomb.

So I think Woodley should steamroll him, but if he doesn't - it's gonna come down to those factors I mentioned earlier.

Woodley, like Conor, can’t box. He can punch, but not box. Like Conor, he only has one punch that, when neutralized, will have him helpless.

Difficult to back anyone here. Both Woodley and this wannabe fighter Paul are two very detestable people. Either winning will bring a different set of laughs.

I mean, I can try to elaborate, but it's gonna be the same step forward, step backward conclusion.

Woodley had a busted shoulder he tried to fix with surgery. Among many things, bad shoulders get in the way of keeping hands up, that was the main issue for Rockhold, for example - he had a shit shoulder that lead to all of his recent problems. On top of that, T-Wood's got hand arthritis that's, apparently, serious. So both defensively and offensively, he's compromised. Add to it, even if he got in his most realistic peak condition - it's gonna be a peak for a 40 year old. And then his mind's just wandering, he's been gun shy for however many fights now.

So that's Paul's big hope, that Woodley's degraded enough to be beatable. But there is no way Paul knows more about boxing than Woodley, that he's more skilled than Woodley. It's just not possible when Paul himself is so young and hasn't been doing this for so long himself. And there's no way he can eat even an arthritis riddled T-Bomb.

So I think Woodley should steamroll him, but if he doesn't - it's gonna come down to those factors I mentioned earlier.

Yes, so you agree with me. If he loses it does make sense, because it comes down to those factors you mentioned earlier.

Also boxing in MMA is really different than boxing in boxing. Paul is geared only towards pure boxing. Woodley has MMA boxing tendencies that for boxing are bad tendencies, so he will not only have to learn the proper way in boxing, he also has to overcome his bad tendencies. That's another difference between the two.

woodley isnt a boxer. i think in his prime he would have been dangerous in boxing in the early rounds based on his power and athleticism. but i think he simply isn't a boxer and would fade in every fight based on the way he fought in mma. he will gas or be to gun shy, hes legit and a legend of the sport but everyone hits a time where they don't have it anymore. the way i am forming my opinion on this fight is removing jake paul from the equation and replacing him with any 190-200lb 4-0 pro boxer whos training on champion level with near unlimited finances. could i say woodly would likely win a fight like that in his prime ? no. so what would make me think he can win the fight now after how hes looked and then replace random boxer with jake paul someone who is way more used to the big stage and the live audience and has nothing to lose. i think jake has all the momentum and tyron was a perfect pick to make him look good to uneducated fans while almost being 100% on winning.

No it is both true that woodley from 5 years ago would beat him and now that woodley is shot, jake has a much better shot at beating him outside mma. If it was mma it would not matter that woodley is shot because hes still way better than paul at mma. Mayweather is also shot but hes still way better than paul at boxing. Makes sense?
I don’t believe Woodley is shot. He may or may not have declined it’s really hard to judge. He looked his best ever against Till. Usman, Colby, Burns and Luque would’ve beat any version of Woodley. Anyone who isn’t afraid of his takedown and can bring volume and pressure on Woodley, will beat him. Rory did it years ago.
You low key acknowledge Jake Paul is a legitimate boxer. Good
I’m not arguing Logan is better at boxing than Floyd and he never will be, but he has 40+ pounds on him, 6 inches in height and additional 4 reach advantage. He’s by far the biggest man Floyd has ever faced. And Floyd probably isn’t 100% as well. Francis Ngannou isn’t on Floyd’s level in terms of skill, but I’m sure he would still murder Floyd in a boxing match. The question is: is Logan big enough, that his skill level wouldn’t matter as much anymore?

I wasn't aware Maywheather was on a four fight loss streak without winning a round and looking clinically depressed
Are you aware that Floyd is 44 years old, had his last real fight 4 years ago and will have a 40+ pound weight disadvantage? Do you really think none of that matters?

All this shit means is MMA fighters are not Boxers, especially ones at RETIREMENT AGE

You could go to any BJJ school and find a 20 something year old purple belt that could beat old UFC fighters with bad BJJ, it doesn't mean fucking anything

Are you aware that Floyd is 44 years old, had his last real fight 4 years ago and will have a 40+ pound weight disadvantage? Do you really think none of that matters?

None of it will matter in the context of the result. Floyd well stop Paul whenever he decides to go through his gears.

Back