Israel 50-45 by 3 judges

Apart from that one RNC attempt, Vettori did nothing in the fight. And even there Izzy gave his back in order to try spinning and getting up (which he did). One failed RNC attempt can't win you a round. Izzy landed by far the better punches in any round. You could have some wall'n stall argument for the first, but even then Vettori didn't do any damage and Izzy was landing elbows, winning the exchange.

I mean really? I thought on a bad day you could give Marvin the fight. He pressured him, scored a bunch of takedowns, and almost got a RNC. I thought Israel won, but 15-0? Hell no
Almost got a rnc lol really? Did literally zero damage and was essentially completely ineffectual with the take downs.
“Effective grappling – How successfully a fighter uses wrestling and grappling to attack, including takedowns. Takedowns should only be judged as successful is a fighter uses them to establish an attack. Fighters are not judged upon whether they are on the top or the bottom while grappling, but by how they use those positions to attack.”
Marvin was outstruck in every round and repeatedly spammed one combo which was either slipped rolled or glancing 9 out of ten times. He’s a very strong durable guy but he did not win a single round of that fight. And I’m saying this as someone who doesn’t like izzy at all. That being said izzy looked very human tonight and his accuracy and confidence seem off. It was still enough to beat Marvin though. I’m excited to see the Bobby izzy rematch and think it will be a much more competitive compelling fight. Also I’m convinced Marvin is literally the toxic avenger. Guy is an absolute tank and an ugly mf.

It wasnt a close fight. Marvin got nothing to be embarassed about though. Izzy boasted much that he'd finish him,and he couldnt.

Round 1 is the only round I thought he might have won due to bad scoring. 50-45 sounds right. Awful fight tho.

It wasnt a close fight. Marvin got nothing to be embarassed about though. Izzy boasted much that he'd finish him,and he couldnt.

If you want to bring that aspect up I'd say that what Izzy boasted about and couldn't do is certainly less than what Marvin boasted about and couldn't do. Even more so given the meathead behavior with which the latter conducted himself.

Maybe I was high. It just seemed Marvin was the aggressor and was landing shots

Maybe I was high. It just seemed Marvin was the aggressor and was landing shots
Must of been high. Vettori fought like a retard. Marched forward, ate leg kicks and punches, landed fuck all and was happy to stand in neutral clinch positions on the cage. Got swept and reversed when he got takedowns. Embarrassing effort

Back