Did Israel pick the Judges AND the ref?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
So, it was reported that Israel was able to select his own judge to his liking as he removed Chris Lee I think it was, which was pretty fucked up that he was given that privilege that no one else does.

And it is obviously well known that Marc Goddard is an incompetent ref. I'm not sure how he keeps getting main event, but he did.

The commentary seemed like they had their entire house and retirement savings on Israel, and I'm sure Izzy is Dana's golden boy at MW right now as well, and I'm sure they thought Jan was an easy fight to make him a double champ too.

It seemed like 5 seconds in after they clinch, or AFTER the takedown, Marc Goddard was on Vettori urging for more action. There was a point in the fight where Vettori got on top of Izzy, and 10 seconds or so later, Rogan was talking about the possibility that they can get stood up even on top of half guard, which is pretty fucked up. I mean they can, but really talk about it almost immediately after the TD IN half guard?

As said before, I think we can probably agree Marc Goddard is a terrible ref. But it is what it is, you know. You are terrible at your job, but judges are sometimes too, or a lot of times, and good for Marc that he gets to keep his job. I mean, I can't blame no body for being able to keep his job though you might be god awful at it. And he is.

But it seems pretty ridiculous when a terrible ref becomes pretty biased for one fighter, in a fight where that said fighter got to pick his own judge, where a just as biased commentary team is talking about stand ups 10 seconds after a TD.

At the end of the day, I think Vettori prob would have lost either way. But I definitely think Vettori rushed his submission off the half guard as Marc Goddard was urging him for more action like 10 seconds after while Rogan is talking about stand up near by.

Don't forget he also picked his opponent, the first draft pick and his nose!

So, it was reported that Israel was able to select his own judge to his liking as he removed Chris Lee I think it was, which was pretty fucked up that he was given that privilege that no one else does.

And it is obviously well known that Marc Goddard is an incompetent ref. I'm not sure how he keeps getting main event, but he did.

The commentary seemed like they had their entire house and retirement savings on Israel, and I'm sure Izzy is Dana's golden boy at MW right now as well, and I'm sure they thought Jan was an easy fight to make him a double champ too.

It seemed like 5 seconds in after they clinch, or AFTER the takedown, Marc Goddard was on Vettori urging for more action. There was a point in the fight where Vettori got on top of Izzy, and 10 seconds or so later, Rogan was talking about the possibility that they can get stood up even on top of half guard, which is pretty fucked up. I mean they can, but really talk about it almost immediately after the TD IN half guard?

As said before, I think we can probably agree Marc Goddard is a terrible ref. But it is what it is, you know. You are terrible at your job, but judges are sometimes too, or a lot of times, and good for Marc that he gets to keep his job. I mean, I can't blame no body for being able to keep his job though you might be god awful at it. And he is.

But it seems pretty ridiculous when a terrible ref becomes pretty biased for one fighter, in a fight where that said fighter got to pick his own judge, where a just as biased commentary team is talking about stand ups 10 seconds after a TD.

At the end of the day, I think Vettori prob would have lost either way. But I definitely think Vettori rushed his submission off the half guard as Marc Goddard was urging him for more action like 10 seconds after while Rogan is talking about stand up near by.
<{1-8}>

Nah

Even worse. Marvin's family was in hostage by some Adesanya's friend. Our poor italian boy was actually defeated even before to step a foot in the cage. Izzy should give up the belt !

Pull down your skirt. Your bias is showing.
<36>

"I think Vettori prob would have lost either way"...? Vettori was outclassed and swept on the cards...there is no 'probably' about it. It was odd to see his hand up as the decision was read, along with his reaction at the scores, but it was truly bizarre for him to then (acc. to Izzy) claim that he won the fight afterwards. That is some next-level delusion.

Do you have a source for Izzy allegedly picking his own judge? Because there is a *huge* difference between refusing to have a certain judge on the panel and actually picking their replacement.

"I think Vettori prob would have lost either way"...? Vettori was outclassed and swept on the cards...there is no 'probably' about it. It was odd to see his hand up as the decision was read, along with his reaction at the scores, but it was truly bizarre for him to then (acc. to Izzy) claim that he won the fight afterwards. That is some next-level delusion.

Do you have a source for Izzy allegedly picking his own judge? Because there is a *huge* difference between refusing to have a certain judge on the panel and actually picking their replacement.

Oh really now, tell me an instance where a fighter removed a judge from his own fight. I will wait.

How is removing a judge to your liking not picking your own judges? No one has that power. If that wasn't so bad, why doesn't anyone else get to do it in the history of MMA/UFC?

You shouldn't be able to remove a judge to your liking, which is what Israel did. That IS picking judges to your liking.

Lots of Israel fans in this thread.

If this stuff is true then it turns out that mma is just as corrupt as boxing. How could anyone be surprised? When large money is involved, corruption always finds it's way in.

Every system is vulnerable to this, charity organizations, unions, politics. I mean really, Biden shows everyone he is the green new deal guy knowing that energy is still a requirement, killing North American energy while his son was a consultant with zero experience in eastern Europe energy and now they are full steam ahead over there. People don't even need to be sneaky about shit anymore. Dana could flat out say it is true and most people would say it is business as usual. People get what they deserve these days, forget integrity.

Hi Vettori. Or friend/family of Vettori. Or somebody who bet big on Vettori. Izzy fucked up your day.

Fighters cannot pick who judges or refs their fights, they can try to request a specific person is not judging or reffing their fight. This request is then reviewed. No fighter can pick "I want John McCarthy to be my ref", but they can say "I don't want John McCarthy to be my ref" & it can be reviewed.

How is removing a judge to your liking not picking your own judges? No one has that power. If that wasn't so bad, why doesn't anyone else get to do it in the history of MMA/UFC?

You shouldn't be able to remove a judge to your liking, which is what Israel did. That IS picking judges to your liking.

Lots of Israel fans in this thread.

If you have good info on this, you should supply a link or something and force people to justify, otherwise you will just be attacked and it will be just another argument. If you have something, this could be fun.

If you can remove a judge to your liking, it IS picking your own judges. If you are given THREE judges, and can remove one to your liking, you are picking your own judge to your liking. If he didn't like the new one, then he could have removed that one to if he could have removed the first one. How is that not picking judges to your liking

https://middleeasy.com/mma-news/adesanya-chris-lee/

Back