UFC 264 | Poirier vs McGregor

Dustin by sub or decision is at +400

amazing value IMO. I have a hard time seeing him KO Conor again. I think a GNP TKO is more likely on a gassed Conor but i think Conor would give his neck up by that point

Weirdly Jennifer Maia is -200, but her by decision is +110

other than armbar on JoJo calderwood, Maia has gone to decision in every fight (9 fights!) since 2015 when she fought in some organization called Samurai FC

Jessica Eye got head kick KOed by Schvechenko, and other than that 10! Decisions since 2014, UFC Werdum be Hunt

yet you can get the -200 favorite for this fight by decision at (slight) +odds. -275 decision might even be worth it as a safe? Bet if you’re into those types of returns
Missed that line.
Put a little bit of money on Maia decision at +110. Always bet on decision on WMMA fights lol.

amazing value IMO. I have a hard time seeing him KO Conor again. I think a GNP TKO is more likely on a gassed Conor but i think Conor would give his neck up by that point
Finishing Conor 2x with punches would be a pretty huge notch in his belt though. If Conor loses, I don't think he's making it 5 rounds. I think there's a chance he goes for the sub if it's a gimme from Conor panic wrestling or something, but man, if you're Dustin, don't you just take the finish by strikes if it's there?

I'm ready. What are the odds Trevin Giles faints backstage again?

EdYVCWPXgAAOKLR.png

Ok so Yaozongs best win has a record of 2-4

<Varys01>

Yeah. Really don't know why he was picked up by the UFC.

Btw, was mentioned in this thread before that he's been training at Tiger Muay Thai. Not exactly true after some research. He trained there for a short time to prep for the Coulter fight. He's since been training at the UFC Performance Institute in Shanghai. Maybe I'm underestimating what they've got going on over there, but wouldn't put those at the same level.

Dustin isn't in dire need of $. What, do you think they're gonna offer him $10m to throw the fight?

In addition, whenever I hear this talk about fights being fixed, the inevitable thing I think of is: what's the cost/benefit analysis here?

The odds of it being leaked wouldn't be great, but nor is it impossible. Look at former UFC fighters who have absolutely trashed the org and Dana when it's become obvious they'll never work together again (Mark Hunt being the prime example). Do you think the organization would put it's ENTIRE legitimacy as a sport at risk to "squeeze a few more money fights" out of Conor? REALLY? Because if Dustin ever became disgruntled and was retired but pissed at the UFC, he could come out any time and say "Yep, they gave me $1m to throw that third fight". And then what happens? The UFC immediately ceases to be looked at as a legitimate sport and is the WWE.

Sorry, but no way do I believe they'd even try to fix fights at this point. Hell, Dana was insanely vocal about how Pride used to do it.

[URL='https://wrestling-edge.com/dustin-poirier-insane-conor-mcgregor-contract-leaks/']Dustin Poirier ‘Insane’ Conor McGregor Contract Leaks (wrestling-edge.com).

UFC might have given an incentive for Dustin to stand and fight to try to get that TKO finish.
[/URL]

Yeah. Really don't know why he was picked up by the UFC.

Btw, was mentioned in this thread before that he's been training at Tiger Muay Thai. Not exactly true after some research. He trained there for a short time to prep for the Coulter fight. He's since been training at the UFC Performance Institute in Shanghai. Maybe I'm underestimating what they've got going on over there, but wouldn't put those at the same level.
The first fight feels like a trap. Both fighters have a sketchy track record with the UFC.

I really like that i also do see either Dustin going for a Dec or Sub. Has Conor improved his defense at all? i will probarly give Conor at least a one round/Two Round chance but that would be it. Same thing when he faced khabib.

Gotta say gilbert doesn't sound very confident lately. Maybe it's the weight cut

Tbh him saying he'll be less aggressive kind of worries me for him. WB will pick him apart in a fundamentals game. Burns chance is pressing forward and finding something.

Agree. This fight though you would have to be pretty unlucky

I took Maia to beat Calderwood straight up, even though a decision felt like the right play...this one feels the same. You can never be sure sometimes with WMMA.

I took Maia to beat Calderwood straight up, even though a decision felt like the right play...this one feels the same. You can never be sure sometimes with WMMA.
yea i got burnned there lol. Calderwood has a tendency to choke under pressure and get armbared from guard. Eye has never been subbed in her career, has great defense

The first fight feels like a trap. Both fighters have a sketchy track record with the UFC.

Alen has looked lousy in both his UFC outings, slow and immobile, looking for a flat-footed KO - which saw him get starched by John Phillips, about the last guy you want to get into a wild, swinging brawl with (when there are much easier ways to beat him). Before that, Jotko easily handled him largely relying on takedowns and grappling.

If you want to see Alen actively grappling, he initiated a round or so against Sammarco in Italy () - and wasn't great at it, losing position sloppily, although he did win that with elbows and punches (often to the back of the head).

Hu is a strange one; 6'3, he entered the UFC at Heavyweight and was pretty comfortably handled by Cyril Asker both on the feet and on the mat. He was pretty seriously undersized at 232 lbs - but the reason he got picked up was because he was a Chinese fighter willing to fight at Heavyweight in Shanghai on 5 days notice. There aren't that many heavyweights in China, let alone available on 5 days notice; that he was unbeaten was a bonus. He never was UFC level, and his striking defence has looked awful both against Asker, and when he dropped to 205 to fight Rashad Coulter, who went the distance but had a comfortable win.

Asker and Coulter have both since been released by the UFC, and Coulter was last seen losing to Ike Villanueva to get Villanueva back into the UFC.

Hu's striking itself has seen some variety, but nothing to trouble Asker or Coulter; Despite being 6'3 vs 5'10 Amedovski, and despite dropping down again to Middleweight, Hu has a reach DISadvantage - but I wouldn't be surprised if he used a kick-heavy arsenal against a guy who likes to swing haymakers. His a fleet-footed compared to Amedovski, so could try to fight from the outside and maintain some distance - but he really doesn't look good enough to do that, and has been tagged so many times in two fights that it's clear Alen's going to land on him. On the other hand, Hu wasn't getting KO'd at heavyweight or light heavyweight by two pretty big dudes, so even if Alen cracks him, Hu might hang in there. As for who has better cardio, pass - neither has looked to have particularly great conditioning when losing decisions. I'd assume Hu, but he was breathing heavily in R1 against Asker, so who knows.

For two inactive guys on losing streaks, this is a must-win for both - and honestly, neither deserves to be in the UFC at this point. Hu hasn't fought in nearly 3 years, Amedovski in nearly 2.

I'm fairly confident Amedovski will win this by Decision. Hu doesn't have the cage generalship to fight at distance from what we've seen, so unless his grappling has improved to at least average (which is good enough to beat Amedovski), then this will be a fun(ish) brawl with Alen alternately leading the dance and slowing the fight down in waves. Hu will get cut, but at least he got 3 fights as a reward for being the only man in China that could fill in against Asker. I doubt the matchmakers are even interested who wins at this point.

I think a quick finish on the main event is being overpriced now.I think Connor overestimated his ability to knock Dustin out and underestimated Dustin's and he's gonna be more cautious.I expect either a finish in 4th or 5th or this one going the distance

Back