UFC 264 | Poirier vs McGregor

What's the craziest most unexpected thing to happen this weekend no one sees coming? O'Malley losing? Topuria being submitted? Zhumagulov losing outright?

What's the craziest most unexpected thing to happen this weekend no one sees coming? O'Malley losing? Topuria being submitted? Zhumagulov losing outright?

Tai gets the club 'n' sub on Hardy, the only submission he'll ever get in his career.

Massive disagree in regards to Sean's lack of power. The three opponents that made it to the distance with him have a combined 27 losses, and of those losses only 1 came via TKO, it being a retirement.

Add to that the fact that Kris has only lost via finish so far, not to mention that he's coming in on short-notice, and it paints the clear picture of what this fight is. If you can get stopped by Cupcake Campbell you can get stopped by Suga' Sean.

I take your point.

Kris has been subbed twice and has two losses by TKO. The first TKO occured against Tony Gravely (UFC BW) in championship rounds; Sean and Kris are not going to championship rounds so you can take that for whats its worth.

The Campbell "TKO" of Moutinho was not actually a TKO. The referee, while Moutinho had top position waved off the fight because Campbell was elbowing Moutinho and the ref maybe thought Moutinho was concussed because he had been dropped a minute prior; but Moutinho nonetheless still had regained a dominant position when the fight was called off? It was an inappropriate stoppage, one that would not have been made in the UFC.

That was part of the reason why I said Moutinho may be able to go to the distance with Sean. Moutinho is very good at recovering if he is dropped. The fight after the Johnny Campbells "TKO" he was dropped in the first minute or two of the fight and managed to regain his composure and knocked his opponent out in the second round.

Im not bullish on Moutinho/O'Malley going the distance I just thought it was something that is being undervalued. Especially if Moutinho gets the fight to the floor.

Topuria by sub imo. Then again, a club and sub isn't out of the question I suppose.
I take your point.

Kris has been subbed twice and has two losses by TKO. The first TKO occured against Tony Gravely (UFC BW) in championship rounds; Sean and Kris are not going to championship rounds so you can take that for whats its worth.

The Campbell "TKO" of Moutinho was not actually a TKO. The referee, while Moutinho had top position waved off the fight because Campbell was elbowing Moutinho and the ref maybe thought Moutinho was concussed because he had been dropped a minute prior; but Moutinho nonetheless still had regained a dominant position when the fight was called off? It was an inappropriate stoppage, one that would not have been made in the UFC.

That was part of the reason why I said Moutinho may be able to go to the distance with Sean. Moutinho is very good at recovering if he is dropped. The fight after the Johnny Campbells "TKO" he was dropped in the first minute or two of the fight and managed to regain his composure and knocked his opponent out in the second round.

Im not bullish on Moutinho/O'Malley going the distance I just thought it was something that is being undervalued. Especially if Moutinho gets the fight to the floor.
I get it, but that's pretty much my point - Kris is getting hurt by lesser guys than O'Malley, and, for all his faults, Sean is accurate and possesses better shot selection than your run-of-the-mill CES guys.

Keep in mind that Almeida, as diminished as he is, also has had a history of getting dropped a lot before fighting his way back into fights. The two other guys to stop him are Cody and Font, both being very dangerous strikers themselves. I feel you're underrating the one proven quality Sean does have.

But how can you say anybody is easy money when both fighters themselves have been nothing but easy money if you bet against them? I mean, is the argument who's the easiest money of the easy money? Lol.

I'm just kidding, but only partially.

Well yeah that's exactly it lmao. Like I said earlier in the thread it's basically a can vs a non ufc level knockout artist. KO artist usually wins there.

What's the craziest most unexpected thing to happen this weekend no one sees coming? O'Malley losing?

I wouldn't be that surprised if he got injured somewhere along the way and lost.

Before the fight card Topuria is trash talking back to Ryan Hall i am not sure Trash Talking and disrespecting Ryan Hall would be a good thing.
Ilia Topuria doesn't see the hype in Ryan Hall: 'He's a good grappler, but nothing special'

This is quite funny Ryan Hall has more of UFC experience then Topuria. I still dont see any reason why some are hyping on Topuria is that because of his win over Zalal?

I think i will throw some sparkle on Ryan Hall.

Before the fight card Topuria is trash talking back to Ryan Hall i am not sure Trash Talking and disrespecting Ryan Hall would be a good thing.
Why though? Honestly asking.

If anything it may only enhance Ilia's chances since it might make Hall be more aggressive and leave more openings for him to land something big. Not that I think Ryan's feathers will be ruffled, mind you.

Why though? Honestly asking.

If anything it may only enhance Ilia's chances since it might make Hall be more aggressive and leave more openings for him to land something big. Not that I think Ryan's feathers will be ruffled, mind you.

I really can't see Hall giving a shit. Hall doesn't even have an ego. If anything he downplays himself.

I really can't see Hall giving a shit. Hall doesn't even have an ego. If anything he downplays himself.

I honestly for no reason other than that fact that Hall has been so widely dodged as a matchup recently, I think he smokes Topuria. Can't call anything technical about it. Just a gut feeling out of nowhere.

I honestly for no reason other than that fact that Hall has been so widely dodged as a matchup recently, I think he smokes Topuria. Can't call anything technical about it. Just a gut feeling out of nowhere.
I think Hall has the UFC experneice and Topuria trash talking to Hall like this before the fight card is not something i would have done if i were fighting i mean Topuria has just two wins in the UFC.

I think Omari, Yana , and Niko will be the sleeper picks.

Been watching film of Moutinho and I don't think he is as bad as most of the folks breaking down this fight have been making him out to be.

Admittedly, I am skeptical about how much of a "knockout artist" Sean really is, but the kid he is facing does not appear to be some glass-jawed fighter who will be totally out of his element.

I expect him to be spamming calf kicks and maybe shoot a takedown. Sean is going to have to catch him coming in, and even then I am skeptical Suga has enough power to put this guy out cold. Rather, I see Moutinho losing by decision as the most likely outcome, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets Suga down and steals a round .

If someone is going to spam calf kicks against O'Malley there is always a chance that his gay little leg gives out on him and he loses

I think Omari, Yana , and Niko will be the sleeper picks.
Don't know about Omari, Tavares has just been so damn good against grinding wrestlers for me to give the guy with a suspect gas tank and no course of action besides winging haymakers and spamming takedowns much of a shot.

We might even get to see a late finish from Brad if the stars align just right like they did for his fight with Jotko. Think he's one of the safer picks of the card tbh, will play him on some parlays.

Sidenote: Wouldn't it be funny if the Hu/Alen fight gets pulled at the weigh-ins? After all the seemingly undeserved coverage it got here and it just doesn't happen lol.

Back