• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Jon Jones is the greatest combat athlete in history

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
I don’t see this talked about enough on here

Jon Jones is the undisputed greatest fighter pound for pound of all time

he is 28-0 against killers, over a decade of dominance

Hamill, Bonnar, Bader, Shogun, Machida, Rampage, Rashad, Glover, OSP, Cormier x2, Gus x2, Thiago Santos, Reyes, Vítor Belfort, Chael Sonnen, Matyushenko, Anthony Smith, Brandon Vera

That is a crazy fucking list I don’t care if you walk into the cage with a needle in your ass

I actually agree. People hate in Jones because he's an arrogant psychopath cheater, but his accomplishments are unparalleled. Plus everyone else is also on steroids. I think Lance Armstrong is a good comparison for him. Everyone doped in Tour de France but still Armstrong won 7 titles. People hate him because he's a giant asshole that destroyed others' careers in addition to the cheating
7IoQWx.gif

Even his greatest haters know he’s top 5 dead or alive, quite possibly for the entire remaining existence of this “sport”.

His legacy is already secured, anything he does now is icing on the cake.

Hamill, Bonnar, Bader, Shogun, Machida, Rampage, Rashad, Glover, OSP, Cormier x2, Gus x2, Thiago Santos, Reyes, Vítor Belfort, Chael Sonnen, Matyushenko, Anthony Smith, Brandon Vera

That is a crazy fucking list I don’t care if you walk into the cage with a needle in your ass
200.gif

Too much disrespect for the legendary history of boxing and other combat sports.

Best MMA fighter for certain IMO.

But the sport is too young to be compared to other sports IMHO.

seemed like a bigger deal back when the fights were being announced but now that you really look at the fighters and where they are at now not that impressive

You are ignorant of other combat sports. I could try to educate you but this gives me the you need to do your own homework vibe me thinks. I am a Jones fan as well

no, if we're just looking at records there are a ton of boxers and wrestlers that would be above Jones, and I'd imagine it's the same with MT. "Combat athlete" is too broad and creates a non-comparable standard.

I give convicted ped cheats zero credit for past accomplishments. Just like they do in real sports. You can’t be the greatest if you cheated the whole time to get there.
I can't stand this thought process. It's like your giving a pass to the people who did cheat but never got caught. If you cheated you cheated it doesn't matter if you got caught or not. If you steal something you're still a thief no matter if you were caught or not. Not being caught for something doesn't wipe away the act like it never happened. And the truth is that for years PED usage was common practice. I'm of the mindset that either we accept that PED use was just something that went on or everything before USADA was illegitimate because we don't know who was using and never got caught.

Last edited:
Too much disrespect for the legendary history of boxing and other combat sports.

Best MMA fighter for certain IMO.

But the sport is too young to be compared to other sports IMHO.

In a naked fight to the death with no rules, who would you bet Prime Ali or prime Jones?

Too many problems with this post to list

Back