Jon Jones is the greatest combat athlete in history

seemed like a bigger deal back when the fights were being announced but now that you really look at the fighters and where they are at now not that impressive

that’s not fair, you can say that about any fighter in hindsight who stays too long past their prime

when Jones fought all these guys they were killers

he beat the fuck out of the guy whose about to fight for the title when he was 8 years younger and actually in his prime

He’s right up there with the best. I’ve seen guys get busted for steroids left and right but none of them had the skills that Jones had.

The only other guy that I have seen that is either above or right at the ridiculous skill level that Jones had in his peak was Fedor from 2003-2005

I don’t see this talked about enough on here

Jon Jones is the undisputed greatest fighter pound for pound of all time

he is 28-0 against killers, over a decade of dominance

Hamill, Bonnar, Bader, Shogun, Machida, Rampage, Rashad, Glover, OSP, Cormier x2, Gus x2, Thiago Santos, Reyes, Vítor Belfort, Chael Sonnen, Matyushenko, Anthony Smith, Brandon Vera

That is a crazy fucking list I don’t care if you walk into the cage with a needle in your ass
Khabib has less wins but was in a stronger division with more consistent dominance so, there's a coversation to be between those two.

he's 205 mma goat, but he never would have win this strike in hw division, never.

Hamill, Bonnar, Bader, Shogun, Machida, Rampage, Rashad, Glover, OSP, Cormier x2, Gus x2, Thiago Santos, Reyes, Vítor Belfort, Chael Sonnen, Matyushenko, Anthony Smith, Brandon Vera

That is a crazy fucking list I don’t care if you walk into the cage with a needle in your ass
If you want to give Jones a pass for PEDs between 2011-2014 because it was a "level playing field", that's fine, but from the first Cormier fight to present day he was cheating with PEDs and received a level of leniency that no other fighter has ever got.

Hamill? DQ loss.
Bonnar? Not a killer.
Bader? Not a killer.
Shogun? Passed his prime.
Machida? Solid win, though Machida got a title shot being 1-2 in his last three fights and soon after went down to Middleweight.
Rampage? Passed his prime.
Rashad? Solid win.
Glover? Solid win.
OSP? Not a killer.
Cormier? Jones could only win with PEDs.
Gus? Jones lost the first one and popped for PEDs multiple times in the rematch (Gus was also passed his prime by that point).
Santos? Jones lost and Santos had moved up from Middleweight.
Reyes? Jones lost.
Belfort? Solid win but he had moved up from Middleweight.
Sonnen? He was coming off a loss and moved up from Middleweight.
Matyushenko? Not a killer.
Smith? Not a killer and moved up from Middleweight.
Vera? Not a killer.

In before people claim Khabib's title reign is clearly better.

We talking combat sports in general??

Alexander Karelin

He could be but not yet. That title goes to another man.

82031005.jpg

Khabib has less wins but was in a stronger division with more consistent dominance so, there's a coversation to be between those two.
Jones has a hilariously better resume then khabib. Although i don't think Jones beat a fighter as good as porier though

it clearly talked about as the greatest cheater in combat sports history. you forgot his 0-2 record usada.

I actually agree. People hate in Jones because he's an arrogant psychopath cheater, but his accomplishments are unparalleled. Plus everyone else is also on steroids. I think Lance Armstrong is a good comparison for him. Everyone doped in Tour de France but still Armstrong won 7 titles. People hate him because he's a giant asshole that destroyed others' careers in addition to the cheating
7IoQWx.gif

even nate does peds im glad that was proven.

MAY THE Lord Bless You for this outstanding thread. I will tell god he has a great human being on earth doing him and jon jones justice.

God bless you

Oh no not this Shite again! Prolific eye gouging extremely long reach dirty oblique kicks and height advantage and also size plus pulsing all the time—greatest my arse

Oh no not this Shite again! Prolific eye gouging extremely long reach dirty oblique kicks and height advantage and also size plus pulsing all the time—greatest my arse

Who made oblique kicks fashionable in MMA though. In all seriousness, since I was being silly, jon was a very creative fighter. He threw everything including spinning elbows, oblique/ teep kicks and one of the only fighters I know of in the UFC who could submit a fighter standing and on the ground. I don’t know a fighter outside of jones who can submit fighters standing up. These are bars no one else can touch. One of the best ring IQs in MMA, I think he was too smart and it made him straddle the fence a lot.

The guy has had his monsters but he was very talented fighter and one of the best to do it. I enjoyed watching him fight and bring his own style to MMA.

Last edited:
Never lost or got finished and most title wins vs the best fighters ever.

GSP did everything Jones did without needing PED's to do it and in a better division

The most complete fighter in MMA history and has never been rocked by anyone. Not even roided to the gill fighters were able to accomplish that.

Back