Did Simone Biles quit or did she do the right thing by checking out of the Team Finals?

Am I missing something? I don't think anyone said she was the most decorated Olympian - she has the most medals/championships in gymnastics competition.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...cs-stars-schedule-age-medal-count/8002480002/
i thought we're talking about the Olympics here, the real top level competition.
ask any athlete which is better, a worlds or an olympic medal and see what they say.
it's like saying that some bellator dude is the best because he has the most wins in bellator.
olympics is the true summit of sports. all else is just fluff.
but ok, i'll grant this argument if it's important to you.

i thought we're talking about the Olympics here, the real top level competition.
ask any athlete which is better, a worlds or an olympic medal and see what they say.
it's like saying that some bellator dude is the best because he has the most wins in bellator.
olympics is the true summit of sports. all else is just fluff.
but ok, i'll grant this argument if it's important to you.

He specifically mentioned gymnast. You straight quoted it and then brought in a completely different point lol.

It’s hilarious how people are acting like she did some insanely courageous and awesome thing by backing out. I don’t care one way or the other and don’t ultimately think it’s affects her legacy, but don’t put her on a pedestal for backing out.

He specifically mentioned gymnast. You straight quoted it and then brought in a completely different point lol.
...in a thread about the Olympics? and i already conceded the point to the man?
so what is your post about?

I wonder if Biles was inspired by Osaka? Alot of these celebs are obsessed with twitter wokeism, and she is reading all the praise comments on her social media and articles praising her in her room similar to chrissy tiegen so who knows?

Phelps had more pressure and guess what? He killed it and became the GOAT Olympian. That’s the difference.
But according to Shalise Manza Young, he had the safety net of being a white male... cause this of course is a race/gender issue.

Gotta love how the grifters come out of the woodwork. Let's be honest, not many people really care at the end of the day, as evident by the ratings this year.

She obviously quit, whether or not you agree with the reason or respect it is secondary. She agreed to be on the team, made the trip, and backed out.

Celebrating it or chastising it doesn't take away from the fact that she absolutely did quit.

I, for one, cannot wait for our Chinese overlords to take over this country and punish this type of behavior with organ harvesting.

It's not.

Never before has anyone mentioned anything about Simone being mentally ill. There's no previous episodes. She isn't on medication.

I thought she was on adderall?

I'm curious. What are the media outlets in other non-western countries saying about Biles quitting? I'd like to hear their take on it.

Any international Sherbros willing to chime in?

I'm curious. What are the media outlets in other non-western countries saying about Biles quitting? I'd like to hear their take on it.

Any international Sherbros willing to chime in?
looked over some french and russian outlets, and some from the eastern euro shithole i am from, plus the hungarian english media, it's mostly clinically presented - famous gymnast quits, gives mental health issues as reason. russian team wins. the end.
however when i go to english and american media, it's all stunning and brave and real winner and all that.
very bizzare. looks managed and manipulative as hell.

I mean she conceded her spot to an alternate, takes a big person to do that i think, seems she rather put her faith in her teamate since she didn't feel there mentally. And i agree with Ronda on this one, i don't think most ppl including me can understand the pressure of performing at Olympic level.

Forever #TeamSacramone
e810550f0a153d73607b58a2fb5f9b56.jpg

Genuinely curious how much support a Khabib or Izzy would get if they decided on the walk out to just quit and turned around and went home

This is her “Purple Pillow” moment. It’s when she believed all the hype about her and cannot rationalize her inability to perform any longer at the top level. A moment of horrifying clarity as she realizes that she is no longer competitive. This was what she found her identity and worth in, and it is gone. Has to be frightening.

Back