movies where you had low expectations but were surprised with how good they were

51vlavgBIsL.jpg

The 1st Rocky.
Rest of the saga is trash (maybe the second one is not THAT bad but still bad), but that 1st movie really is a small gem, I expected it to be shit but everything about it is solid.

Breakdown with Kurt Russell I thought it was gonna be shit it actually turned out to be a pretty awesome movie

Cool Hitchcock-esque type of thriller. I’m always up for that type of film.

Speaking of thriller with twists and turns, I didn’t really have any expectations at all when I went with some friends to see Soderbergh’s Side Effects. Ended up really enjoying it and thought Law really delivered.

gone baby gone
the town

not big on Affleck and and doubted perry not cross dressing in a major role

the town I had some things against it because peepises were always saying it was better than heat... I don't think it is but it is a damn fine film
No one says the town is better than heat, but it was a good movie. That's around the time I thought Affleck was no longer a can

upload_2021-8-16_15-8-55.jpeg

Expected horrible. It was below average so not too bad.

No one says the town is better than heat, but it was a good movie. That's around the time I thought Affleck was no longer a can
on here there is a vocal minority who support that opinon

Mr Right - fun flick.

Shaft (2019) - way more fun than it had any right to be.

Thought Silver Linings Playbook was gonna be a shitty chick flick but it was actually a decent movie.

Didn't have much in terms of expectations going into John Wick or Central Intelligence but both are really enjoyable too

Don't think I'm saying anything wild here, man, it's not like the Rocky movies are masterpieces or anything, just guilty pleasure shit with a juiced up dude being a punch sponge.

That's why I was so surprised the one that started it all was actually a very good movie. Watched Rocky IV on cable TV before watching any of the others and man is that movie bad.

Thought Silver Linings Playbook was gonna be a shitty chick flick but it was actually a decent movie.

Didn't have much in terms of expectations going into John Wick or Central Intelligence but both are really enjoyable too
Word, first time I saw john wick was on a plane and I just heard it was about some dude avenging his dog lol but it was great and I'm a big fan of the movies now

Back