• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fear of heights shouldn't be a phobia.

My high school physic teacher said it's not the speed or height you're falling from, it's the rate of slowing down to the stop that counts, eg soft snow surface vs concrete.
Or airbag vs steering wheel.

I used to work with a guy that would shake and get scared whenever he had to get on a ladder. Even a four foot ladder. His whole cognitive ability went out the window too. Once he had to change out an angle stop in a restroom he had to climb a ladder to shut off the valves. He only closed the valve like 1/8th of the way. He then proceeded to remove the angle stop and flooded the bathrooms and one of our ballrooms out. He called me frantically and I had to simply climb the ladder and shut the valve off.
Plumber?

I’m the same. Anything associated with deep sea really creeps me out. Picture of the titanic etc make my skin crawl. Even rusted out old ships that are on a beach, creep me out.

I fucking hate these things too.

W1siZiIsInVwbG9hZHMvcGxhY2VfaW1hZ2VzL2JlOWE1YTRlOGM0YTQ1OGU1Yl85NTE3MDI3Mjk1XzA0ZTc0MGUyMjNfay5qcGciXSxbInAiLCJjb252ZXJ0IiwiIl0sWyJwIiwiY29udmVydCIsIi1xdWFsaXR5IDgxIC1hdXRvLW9yaWVudCJdLFsicCIsInRodW1iIiwiNzgweDUyMCMiXV0
I bet you deep see megalithic structures, like pyramids, really fuck you up too, don't they?

ITT TS asks, why is such and such so and so, then when told why such and such is so and so says, well you're wrong because I just think so based on nothing at all, so there.

ITT TS asks, why is such and such so and so, then when told why such and such is so and so says, well you're wrong because I just think so based on nothing at all, so there.

Or maybe you're just wrong

I have an irrational fear of heights. Even step ladders freak me out, and I lose all cognitive ability on a ladder.

Back