Usyk is P4P #1

No. Its still Canelo. Usyk beats Fury he can take over #1.

i wouldnt overhype usyk that fast.. it's one big win at hw.
he looked good tonight, but struggled in his previous fights vs so-so opponents
aj still lost to ruiz not too long ago, and most ppl would have tyson as the favorite.

Inoue went through hell against a shot Donaire. Canelo should've behind by a point or 2 against Kovs corpse before the KO. Vast majority had him losing both GGG fights and at worst 1-1 or 1-0-1 with the first fight being a flat robbery. Most did not think Taylor even beat Rougarou.

Chisora performance wasn't the best but a clear win against one of the best pressure fighters at heavier weights. Chisora just got jobbed against Parker, arguably beat Whyte and was ahead on the cards before the rematch KO too.

Usyks razor close fight with Briedis was the only real blip for him in recent memory and his wins over Briedis and Gassiev are 2 of the best of the past decade of any boxer which landed him in P4P and Fighter of the Year talks in the first place

Unlike Canelo he doesn't have stipulations and external factors going against him. He's just a better, more skilled fighter

Without question? He just beat Anthony Joshua, one of the most overrated fighters in boxing, who got battered by fat Andy.

{<jordan}

Canelo is the #1 without question.

Usyk is probably top 5 though, and very underrated. Most of that London crowd had probably never heard of him.

Without question? He just beat Anthony Joshua, one of the most overrated fighters in boxing, who got battered by fat Andy.

{<jordan}

Usyk is probably top 5 though, and very underrated. Most of that London crowd had probably never heard of him.
If it was without question you wouldn't have to say anything.

Reactions: HHJ

{<jordan}

Everything is questionable with Canelo kiddo

And Usyk was universally p4p top 5 before this fight lol @ probably. Keep up

Everything is questionable with Canelo kiddo

And Usyk was universally p4p top 5 before this fight lol @ probably. Keep up

Only if you're hater or don't know what you're watching. I never liked (or rated) Canelo or his style, and thought Golovkin beat him 9-3 in the first fight, but there comes a time where you have to admit you were wrong, and that time is now. Canelo is at his peak now, and clearly the best fighter in the sport.

If it was without question you wouldn't have to say anything.

You always get contrarians, it's just the nature of things.

I'm not even a Canelo fan, but objectively he is the best fighter in the sport, and any boxing fan who has a clue can see that.

He's top 2 or 3. Doesn't have the resume to supplant Canelo, though.

He absolutely does now

Joshua
Chisora
Bellew
Gassiev
Briedis
Huck
Hunter
Glowacki
Mchunu

Beat the best versions of all these fighters with the exception of Huck. Chisora is late 30s but def the best form of his career in recent years and just got robbed against prime Parker
. No weight draining or stipulations. Beat almost all of them in their hometown besides Mchunu. Only 1 close disputed decision against Briedis which was at best a draw for Briedis and not a robbery like GGG 1 or decisions that could be easily scored the other way like GGG rematch, Lara and Trout

i wouldnt overhype usyk that fast.. it's one big win at hw.
he looked good tonight, but struggled in his previous fights vs so-so opponents
aj still lost to ruiz not too long ago, and most ppl would have tyson as the favorite.
but that one big win is pretty massive, don't you think? AJ was rightfully considered the #1 HW coming into this fight.

i see it like beterbiev's win over gvozdyk. people say artur hasn't beaten anyone noteworthy except gvozdyk... but that's kinda weird. the win over gvozdyk was superb.

He absolutely does now

Joshua
Chisora
Bellew
Gassiev
Briedis
Huck
Hunter
Glowacki
Mchunu

Beat the best versions of all these fighters with the exception of Huck. Chisora is late 30s but def the best form of his career in recent years and just got robbed against prime Parker
. No weight draining or stipulations. Beat almost all of them in their hometown besides Mchunu. Only 1 close disputed decision against Briedis which was at best a draw for Briedis and not a robbery like GGG 1 or decisions that could be easily scored the other way like GGG rematch, Lara and Trout
Usky also beat nearly all of them in their own backyard, in that regard he's the the anti-Ward...

but that one big win is pretty massive, don't you think? AJ was rightfully considered the #1 HW coming into this fight.

i see it like beterbiev's win over gvozdyk. people say artur hasn't beaten anyone noteworthy except gvozdyk... but that's kinda weird. the win over gvozdyk was superb.

Beterbiev over Gvozdyk is one of the best wins of the past decade

I dont see the comparison tho. Take away this Joshua win and Usyk still has one of the best resumes in the sport. I mean he has the best CW resume of alltime. Holyfield has Qawi but the depth doesnt compare to Biedris, Gassiev, Huck, Hunter, Glowacki, Mchunu, Bellew.

Beterbiev over Gvozdyk is one of the best wins of the past decade

I dont see the comparison tho. Take away this Joshua win and Usyk still has one of the best resumes in the sport. I mean he has the best CW resume of alltime. Holyfield has Qawi but the depth doesnt compare to Biedris, Gassiev, Huck, Hunter, Glowacki, Mchunu, Bellew.
the guy i quoted was saying that usyk only has one big win at HW... but it's a comprehensive win over the best guy in the division. it's an amazing win.

i agree his entire resume is superb, i was making the point about his current resume at HW.

That's a respectable list. I have Canelo as the number 1 and Usyk just ahead of Inoue, but IMO those 3 are in the top 3.

I'm just happy Usyk is getting the recognition he deserves. Honestly Inoue and Usyk could flip flop on my list depending how I feel that day. They're both such incredible talents and I always look forward to seeing them fight.

Canelo is Nr.1 unless Usyk beats Fury (Which wont happen cause Fury would manhandle him). But Usyk is a HOF ATG, no question about it. Well i guess there is a case to be made for Usyk being nr.1 but i think Canelo just edges it, cause i think AJ was very overrated. Still crazy good win for a average sized cruiserweight.

Inoue went through hell against a shot Donaire. Canelo should've behind by a point or 2 against Kovs corpse before the KO. Vast majority had him losing both GGG fights and at worst 1-1 or 1-0-1 with the first fight being a flat robbery. Most did not think Taylor even beat Rougarou.

Chisora performance wasn't the best but a clear win against one of the best pressure fighters at heavier weights. Chisora just got jobbed against Parker, arguably beat Whyte and was ahead on the cards before the rematch KO too.

Usyks razor close fight with Briedis was the only real blip for him in recent memory and his wins over Briedis and Gassiev are 2 of the best of the past decade of any boxer which landed him in P4P and Fighter of the Year talks in the first place

why is donaire a shot fighter? he’s proven to be nothing but elite in the past few years. he was also the same age as when ggg fought canelo. the main reason inoue struggled was because he got his eye socket fractured in the 2nd round. i’d consider him beating donaire for 10 more rounds with double vision more impressive than anything ive ever seen. inoue has already beaten more top guys in his div, than any other p4p fighter now.
usyk hasnt done that at heavyweight. he has the resume, but at a diff weight. he hasnt beaten the best guy in his div, fury. inoue had the same issue when he moved to bw.
canelo’s record maybe flawed. ggg is still his best win, but questionable. plus the beef thing will always leave a stain. but otherwise, he’s beaten a lot of top guys.

Back