Strong belief in God= Goat status?

What I believe is that strong beliefs in god are the manifestation of a collective mental illness that has been perpetuated over many generations on a global scale but insignificant entirely on life's timeline. I got to thinking that when you got to thinking this, you didn't get to thinking much at all

Supreme confidence is necessary for goat status. It just so happens one of the easiest shortcuts to that level of confidence is if you happen to be devoutly religious, so it’s a massive boost in that area. However if you are not super religious, supreme confidence can still be achieved by other avenues. Like GSP for example. Then it comes down to confidence in your abilities, due to hard work, sacrifice & proven results, plus whatever non-religious motivations come from one’s upbringing. Faith is just a massive shortcut for those who happen to have it.

Ohh boy this will go down nicely

Claiming to believe in god and really believing in god are 2 different things.

Everyone can say 'I believe in god'.

It's just the placebo effect. If you truly fuck your head up into believing that a god exists. You can convince yourself of it 'helping you' when really it's just your coping mechanism for what's happening in reality. 'It's God's will' when they lose is just mental gymnastics to soften the blow.

If a god existed, it wouldn't care about some cunt's prize fight.

Those fighters mentioned aren’t exactly intellectuals, yeah some imaginary person up in the sky is taking time out of his day killing and raping innocent people around the planet to help the Gypsie king dominate a brother, actually he might be right
Nick Diaz is an atheist, so you have him.

I heard Tyson Fury tonight talking about how his lord and saviour helped him rally in the 3rd and fourth round and it got me thinking.

Fedor: Strong belief in God
Khabib: Strong belief in God
Vitor Belfort: Same
Anderson Silva: Same
GSP: not so much, at least not publicly.
Mike Tyson: Same
Muhammad Ali: Same

Even Jon Jones never stops talking about God even when he’s driving drunk or doing steroids or beating up his wife.

that’s almost every single goat I can think of.

Almost all Brazilian fighters.

It must help you in some way.
First of all, I won't put "=" between what they say and what they really believe in. Some of them really like to talk about God a lot, but even a cursory analysis of their conduct and lifestyle would suggest that they are much stronger talkers than actual believers.

I don't think a true believer would talk about his faith too much. It's too personal. On the other side, some attention-..., well, hmm, seekers (don't want another fucking yellow) would sure like to talk about God all day and how only they know what he is truly about and what he really wants all the time and how everyone else are false believers and don't believe like they're supposed to.

I heard Tyson Fury tonight talking about how his lord and saviour helped him rally in the 3rd and fourth round and it got me thinking.

Fedor: Strong belief in God
Khabib: Strong belief in God
Vitor Belfort: Same
Anderson Silva: Same
GSP: not so much, at least not publicly.
Mike Tyson: Same
Muhammad Ali: Same

Even Jon Jones never stops talking about God even when he’s driving drunk or doing steroids or beating up his wife.

that’s almost every single goat I can think of.

Almost all Brazilian fighters.

It must help you in some way.
Strong belief in God = faith
Best fighter = goat fighter
Correlation != causation

Supreme confidence is necessary for goat status. It just so happens one of the easiest shortcuts to that level of confidence is if you happen to be devoutly religious, so it’s a massive boost in that area. However if you are not super religious, supreme confidence can still be achieved by other avenues. Like GSP for example. Then it comes down to confidence in your abilities, due to hard work, sacrifice & proven results, plus whatever non-religious motivations come from one’s upbringing. Faith is just a massive shortcut for those who happen to have it.
Man I have not seen you post anything in a long time... Welcome back!

It's because you can do anything through Christ. That's why the most successful people in society tend to be theists, while atheists tend to be the people living in their mom's basement, single, unhappy, unaccomplished, and spending all their time talking about how people of God are dumb and weak.

"Yeah people who believe in God are so weak... oops just hold on a second I have to take my anti-depressants now or I might kill myself."

Fun fact: the Gracie's have a long connection with Brazilian fascism and plenty of them are religious . Dig even slightly deep and you'll find a lot of horrid ideology and backwards views within the space of MMA . Various reasons for it but few are honest about it .

I'm sure plenty of them are religious but I don't really remember them being very public about it same as the other guys I mentioned.

Back