Out of the 7 MMA All-Time GOATs - Who's the most overrated fighter?

Who's the most overrated fighter?

• Total voters
Jose Aldo made a career out of beating B level fighters (FW Edgar, Mendes, Zombie, Faber) and has crumbled against every elite he has faced (McGregor, Holloway, Volkanovski, Yan)
so he's the most overrated

I would never ever consider him a greater fighter than Max Holloway when I've seen him getting destroyed twice by Max with my own eyes, I don't care if he beat 70 B level fighters in matches regulated for a belt (title defenses)

You being serious or is this a troll job? Smh, those were all elite fighters. You must have started watching the sorry pretty recently. Yikes...

they were the best available fighters at the time, however, the competition got better, and better fighters have emerged and it wasn't a case where Aldo is old and fighting a new generation of fighters, Aldo was 29 when he lost to McGregor and 30 when he lost to Holloway, Aldo was beating the WEC fighters

and when the UFC (elite talent scouting) finally established their own FW Division Aldo didn't prove himself the best all while being in his athletic prime

Last edited:
None of those fighters are overrated. They're all first class examples of excellence in their craft.

When I see the results of the thread
fetchimage

Jose Aldo made a career of beating B level fighters (FW Edgar, Mendes, Zombie, Faber) and has crumbled against every elite he has faced (McGregor, Holloway, Volkanovski, Yan)
so he's the most overrated

I would never ever consider him a greater fighter than Max Holloway when I've seen him getting destroyed twice by Max with my own eyes, I don't care if he beat 70 B level fighters in matches regulated for a belt (title defenses)

What the hell are you talking about. All of those people you listed are top tier fighters. Gtfo.

I chose “none are overrated.” Closest would be Khabib because his resume is a bit thin, but dude was always dominant as fuck, and does have some dominant as fuck wins against some great fighters. The fighters in this poll are all GOATS of their divisions. Hard to overrate the greatest of all time.

First and foremost, JJ is the most dominant LHW of all time. His come up seemed like GOAT and he buzzsawed everyone. His creativity, all his massive physical advantages, and his psychopathy. Ever since his fight with Reyes it seems like he's very far away from fighting

With that said, those with PED violations are asterisked for life. That's my opinion at least. Anderson Silva could be in the same conversation but I feel Silva was a better fighter p4p

Last edited:
If I had to choose it's gotta be Khabib.

Being undefeated is great... when it's against a long list of elite level competition.

4-0 at the elite level (all against strikers) is hardly goat material.

Never faced a high level MMA wrestler or submission guy and he's supposed to be the greatest in a sport called "MIXED martial arts"?

Especially when Khabib NEEDS the takedown to dominate.

Imagine how he'd do against someone with DC or Cejudo's skillset. At best they'll neutralize his wrestling and force the fight in the standup.

Last edited:
I know I'll get attacked, but I'll choose Fedor. Not that I don't think he's great. He's incredible, but none of these fighters reached the top then start fighting guys that should have been fighting on the undercard of a local show. I think he's a top 5 of all time heavyweight and the ones at the top are pretty interchangeable because no one has done anything at hw like DJ did at 125, or Jones has done at 205

These are the 7 in random order:

Anderson Silva
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Jon Jones
Jose Aldo
Fedor Emelianenko
Demitrious Johnson
George St. Pierre

1.Khabib for quitting before losing having fought almost as much as Cain Velasquez did

then
2.DJ for having fought incredible thin competition

Khabib ran before he lost, well he should have lost to Tibau, but he lucked out.

Back