Out of the 7 MMA All-Time GOATs - Who's the most overrated fighter?

Who's the most overrated fighter?

• Total voters
Yes, they are.

Not that he's really overrated, but the most so in that group so I choose Anderson because while he had a very dominant run in the UFC, the only win he had against what I'd call a 'great' fighter is Dan Henderson. Rich is close to that too but just a shade below.

Cote, Leites, Marquardt, Leben, Bonnar, Maia, Okami, etc are all B level guys. MW was so weak during this period, probably the biggest threat to Anderson during this time was Mousasi and it was still a while before he came to the UFC.

Once middleweight developed, and Anderson got older, he looked terrible. Add in the PED failures and he's the most overrated of the group.
He dominated during the best era of the MW division:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...weight-division-stats.4201527/#post-165880094

Jose Aldo made a career of beating B level fighters (FW Edgar, Mendes, Zombie, Faber) and has crumbled against every elite he has faced (McGregor, Holloway, Volkanovski, Yan)
so he's the most overrated

I would never ever consider him a greater fighter than Max Holloway when I've seen him getting destroyed twice by Max with my own eyes, I don't care if he beat 70 B level fighters in matches regulated for a belt (title defenses)

Anderson Silva made a career of beating B level fighters (WW Maia, Cote, Leites, Sonnen) and has crumbled against every elite he has faced (Weidman, DC, Adesanya)
I would never ever consider him a greater fighter than Weidman when I've seen him getting destroyed twice by Chris with my own eyes, I don't care if he beat 70 B level fighters in matches regulated for a belt (title defenses)

Fedor made a career of beating B level fighters (Zuluzinho, Lindland, Hong Man Choi, Maldonado) and has crumbled against every elite he has faced (Henderson, Werdum, Bader)
I would never ever consider him a greater fighter than Hendo when I've seen him getting destroyed by a middleweight with my own eyes, I don't care if he beat 70 B level fighters in matches regulated for a belt (title defenses)

See how lame the game your playing is? Everyone can talk shit about every opponent to fit their narrative.

Last edited:
I think Khabib is getting picked the most is because he retired in his prime. Who does that shit, really?! He's the only one who's done that among these greats.

I believe most of us think he can fight 2-3 more years and have 3-4 more fights on his belt and hopefully he beats all his opponents. But the man retired and he's in a good spot right now in life I believe.

It would be amazing if he returned all of sudden, but I respect his decision to retire at his peak.

First and foremost, JJ is the most dominant LHW of all time. His come up seemed like GOAT and he buzzsawed everyone. His creativity, all his massive physical advantages, and his psychopathy. Ever since his fight with Reyes it seems like he's very far away from fighting

With that said, those with PED violations are askerisked for life. That's my opinion at least. Anderson Silva could be in the same conversation bit I feel Silva was a better fighter p4p

Are we assuming that fighters only took PED's when caught and never any other time?
Those who never popped are definitely clean?
I don't know.

This poll is meaningless with you randomly throwing Khabib in there. He's obviously the answer among those actual GOATs seeing as he's not one of them.

Feels like you did that on purpose to give whoever you didn't want to lose someone to pull away votes from them.

Speaking of underrated.

drrXWz6.gif

two-goats.jpg

This poll is meaningless with you randomly throwing Khabib in there. He's obviously the answer among those actual GOATs seeing as he's not one of them.

Feels like you did that on purpose to give whoever you didn't want to lose someone to pull away votes from them.

No that's not the reason I did that. He's definitely one of the GOATs in MMA don't you agree? I think he's a phenomenal fighter and his undefeated streak reflects that.

The question about Khabib and why I believe people are picking him more is because he still had a lot more to give. None of those other guys that are named in this group retired in their primes. Khabib is the only one. He definitely will get more attention because of that.

Fedor/Jones/Anderson/GSP/Aldo/DJ all ruled their divisions for 6+ years with 10+ titles.

Meanwhile Khabib ruled LW for 2 years with 4 titles so honestly he shouldn't be brought up in the same conversation as the other fighters, so I guess the answer is Khabib.

That is the problem with Khabib, based on how he was fighting when he ends you project what it would have been like and it looks good. However his clearly short on his resume to the others on the list yet some people still feel his the goat and that is why his over rated. Him being over rated doesn't stop him being great, one of the best, but just not there. His kinda like the nba player Roy, looked amazing but his career ended just when it was getting interesting. Khabib certainly had his biggest challenges ahead of him to catch up to guys like Jones.
Don't like your comparison to Roy. I would say Sandy Koufax would be better. As much as I love Aldo look at his last 11 fights. He's 5-6 in his last 11 fights. Out of the 6 losses, 4 have been by either TKO or KO. That isn't great or even good just by judeing those last 11 fights. Khabib ended on a high note. The guy never even had a scratch on his face. It's remarkable.

You could make an argument the Khabib was overrated in the sense that he’s the most 1 dimensional, but it wouldn’t be a good argument

These are the 7 in random order:

Anderson Silva
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Jon Jones
Jose Aldo
Fedor Emelianenko
Demitrious Johnson
George St. Pierre

Only if steroid free Jose Canseco was on this list would I see those 7 overrated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
john_k47
Back