Media Aspen Ladd's corner

Lmao that trainer is a meathead.
I fully get the point of being hard with your fighter, and "waking him/her up", but this ain't the right method if the fighter in question is getting pieced up by the opponent.
If anything, the trainer demoralised her and confused her with that talk. He should have been focusing on the technicals, not more output.

Sherdoggers think being talked down on live TV by an aggro dude is what will unlock peak performance. I don't remember a coach being this condescending to a male fighter. Honestly I would expect the fighter to punch the coach in the face if that happened. Respect is the bare minimum in any professional relationship.

Last edited:
Piss poor attitude from the coach unless Ladd ASKED or Prefers for advice to be given to her like that.

The coaching seemed demeaning and Bisping even cemented and noted that. If a hard ass like Bisping is saying you need to lighten up..then you know you’re doing some wrong.

A coach should never take frustration out on the fighter.

In his defense….I know that it’s frustrating to know what your fighter can do and watch them not do it

oh my god... this is what everyone is in an uproar over?

I legit had 8th grade football and basketball coaches talk harder than that.

ffs this is a grown ass combat sport and he was right about damn near everything.

people today are
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f7467734f42725432544f476f31773d3d2d3331303731303436322e3134373364323563346631643734353539363032393434313037312e676966

dude stfu, that coach had every right to push his fighter to do something... HE DID NOTHING WRONG OR OUT OF LINE.

hurr durr stfu.. there you go, proving my point

There is nothing wrong with telling a fighter the truth and he started out doing that, which I have no issue with.

The turning point for me came after the 4th round, which Ladd ended really well. A smart trainer would have told her that she might still have lost the round but stressed the positive; that she dominates if she does not lay back and let the other girl potshot her.

Instead of looking ahead though, that dumbass was still chewing her up for how passive she was earlier in the round. This is beyond stupid. As Bisping put it: you do not crush a fighter who is struggling with confidence. If you don’t believe me, at least show the intelligence to listen to Bispey and Tate, who unlike you, have been there and done that.

I'm the weepiest little ol' female you're ever likely to meet, and I didn't think what he said was abuse. Or more precisely, how he said it. His tone, although displaying obvious frustration by the end, never went into the shrillness and shouting of angry abuse.

Looks to me like she needs to look for a new "coach"..... He is giving her to much negative and harsh feedback, he should encourage her and give more technical advice imo... like other professional coaches does and sure also tell her like we are down 3 we need a finish... Not what the fu*k are you doing you dont know how to throw a jab? Personally i think this man sucks as a coach... probably worse as a bf haha. I get being invested but his coaching obviously wasn't working he almost had Aspen crying in between rounds.... i mean what the f*ck.
He was giving her advice. She wasn’t listening. I am sure they talk a HELL lot prior to this fight and leading up.
Then your fighter just dismisses everything you planned on? Fuck her.

Lol. The coach is right, she barely looked interested, like she was in an actual fight.

And he was right about her cardio, she was barely puffing after four rounds, and clearly not pushing the pace, even needing a finish.

She doesn’t look coachable, or like she really wants to be there.

Aspen Ladd looks like she doesn't have a brain or any fire in her.

But the coach is also brainless, and too repetitive. He kept saying "lead from the backside." WTF??

He kept saying all this technical stuff that wasn't resonating in Aspen Ladd's dumb brain. Aspen Ladd had a perpetual "Huh??" look on her.

What would've been better for the trainer to say is, "Aspen, this is not sparring, this is real. This is your career. I need you to fight, like she's taking your money and your career. Go after her, pressure her, break her down. Never let up. Think Khabib."

I'm okay with everything except the last exchange when the fight is over. Your fighter is already bummed out and there's no point on piling it on.

There is one thing to tell it straight, another thing repeatedly shouting it and acting like a fathead over it when it's obvious it's not connecting with the fighter.

It worked in the Kunitskaya fight. Sometimes a fighter needs a fire lit under their ass.

Her coach is actually her long time boyfriend. Just so everyone can understand why he's extremely concerned and critical to her.

EDIT: And he apologized.

Oh, Christ. Had no idea the coach was the BF. What a fucking soap opera. Another reason why WMMA is so shite.

It wasn't just Tate. Bisping, the guy who lost an eye fighting, also felt that the energy in that corner was wrong. You can be fiery in a way that doesn't crush the fighter's ego. Your goal as a coach is to send your fighter out there with a will to win and wanting to tear shit up, not chop them down in the process. Sherdog is just a collection of incel armchair warriors and definitely not the place to discuss nuances though, so I am not at all surprised that fans are calling Tate a pussy and thinking that this is what great coaching looks like.
For the love of G I still fail to see from the video where the "chopping down" your fighter is.
Funny how you deride Shermanos for failing to see nuances yet you're one who's all too quick to dismiss everyone who disagrees with you as incels

hurr durr stfu.. there you go, proving my point

There is nothing wrong with telling a fighter the truth and he started out doing that, which I have no issue with.

The turning point for me came after the 4th round, which Ladd ended really well. A smart trainer would have told her that she might still have lost the round but stressed the positive; that she dominates if she does not lay back and let the other girl potshot her.

Instead of looking ahead though, that dumbass was still chewing her up for how passive she was earlier in the round. This is beyond stupid. As Bisping put it: you do not crush a fighter who is struggling with confidence. If you don’t believe me, at least show the intelligence to listen to Bispey and Tate, who unlike you, have been there and done that.

Lol at meisha. She is a feminist , sexist . This is a fight game..if you can't handle it send all the women to Invicta.
I don't feel bad for ladd she had it coming.
Wasted my time and many more with that bs want to be a fighter mentality

For the love of G I still fail to see from the video where the "chopping down" your fighter is.
Funny how you deride Shermanos for failing to see nuances yet you're one who's all too quick to dismiss everyone who disagrees with you as incels

Have to agree with Dirty Frank here, which doesn't happen that often.

Back