$1 million cash or a chance to win $1 billion on a coin flip?

You only have 15 seconds to decide after reading this sentence.

Time's up. What did you choose and why?

EDIT: for people living in NYC or San Francisco, make it $2 million if you want. You guys are crazy mofos, lol.
Lol, thanks for the edit. Yeah a million is a decent down payment in SV but you're still going to need a mortgage.

Oh so you can live off the tiny % of dividends?

Dont think you understand the difference between a billion and a million. Youll live comfortably on a million, you'll live like a king with a billion. Gimme the fifty fifty.
I understand the difference. And I’m not talking about measly dividends. I’m talking actual investing. I’ve made 30% gains just this year alone. If I did that with 1 mill, that would be 300k a year. Now a billion would be great, unless you don’t get the billion with is literally a coin toss.

I would take the coinflip with no hesitation, a million isn't that big of a deal in 2021.

I understand the difference. And I’m not talking about measly dividends. I’m talking actual investing. I’ve made 30% gains just this year alone. If I did that with 1 mill, that would be 300k a year. Now a billion would be great, unless you don’t get the billion with is literally a coin toss.
Nice gains, but youre not gonna invest the whole million. You just wouldnt.

Besides everyone makes money in a bull market. Youre also not gonna make 30% in profit every year. Your life would pretty much be the same with the million if youre investing. But it wouldnt with a Billion.

Taking the million is actually giving up 499 million.
Thats not how math works. If you flip a coin m, is 50/50. Flipping it a second time is still 50/50, it’s not like it increases your chance of landing it on the second try. It’s all or nothing, you flip and loss, you
have nothing and lost free a million. You flip and win, you gain 999 million more than the sure thing. There is no middle.

It really depends where you're at in your life. 1 million for a 50/50 flip to win a billion is nearly impossible to turn down if you can afford to lose it.

Being disabled & low income, I would take the sure million.

Mathematically the $1B coin flip is the correct choice (much more value). It would be hard to live with yourself knowing you missed out on $1M if it fails. I would still pick the coin flip though.

Billion.

1 million isn't as much money as you think it is. Most workers make 1 million in their lifetime the issue is they have to spend it to survive and never accumulate more than a tiny fraction of it at a given time. Hence why having rich parents is such an immense advantage and why the american dream is a myth for a first generation person who best case scenario is sacrificing their life for their descendants.

If it was 100 or 200 million I'd pick that cause once you get to the 9 figures there is no amount of money that fundamentally changes your lifestyle. There is a finite number of things you can buy and there's a difference between your Charles Kanes who use money to "buy things" and rich parasites who hoard money for shits and giggles. Once you get to that point it is very easy to maintain your net worth via investments which are driven by large starting principals.

Nice gains, but youre not gonna invest the whole million. You just wouldnt.

Besides everyone makes money in a bull market. Youre also not gonna make 30% in profit every year. Your life would pretty much be the same with the million if youre investing. But it wouldnt with a Billion.
It would be better than the nothing I have a 50% chance of getting.

You only have 15 seconds to decide after reading this sentence.

Time's up. What did you choose and why?

EDIT: for people living in NYC or San Francisco, make it $2 million if you want. You guys are crazy mofos, lol.

Take the money and run.
<GinJuice>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeKa
Back