Expert adviser Sean Strickland helps Francis Ngannou.

I'm a licensed gun owner (including pistols) as well and I agree with you. What could I possibly have on me that is worth getting into a gunfight for? I have expensive watches, if you take that I file an insurance claim and get a new one. Hell no one even carries cash any more. Have fun trying to use cards that can be cancelled in 10 seconds.
Exactly. It's literally less work and less dangerous than fighting. The only time I can figure fighting back is the best response, is if a group is robbed at gunpoint. If everything is handed over and someone in the group gets shot right after, then that person doesn't want any witnesses

So then ask yourself, why is that happening in America, but not happening in Canada? I live just across the border from Detroit. Why are school shootings and murders happening there, but not 30 minutes across the border?

Maybe violent video games ?, more strict rules in Canadian gun purchases ?, responsible parents that don't leave loaded guns laying around the house ?

I don't know, but certainly an up rise in violence compared to past decades.

Never been an innocent victim? Your dumber then Strickland ffs
You mean like a 5 year old girl getting hit with stray bullets from a gangbanger's Mac 10? Yeah, that shit happens all the time around in Chicago. When I was in high school, one of my friends was pistol whipped and robbed while trying to buy drugs in Gary, In. Guess, what? He followed the guy that robbed him back to the drug den, and had to get talked out of going in there by one of his friends. They literally said, "If you go in there you are not coming back out." Shit like this happens in shit neighborhoods where I know I am not welcomed, so I stay out of the ghettos. Don't purposely put yourself in bad situations. Do you want to use more cherry picked anecdotes? Because I will too.

I have been victimized before, everyone has, and guns wouldn't have helped in my specific examples. Cutting ties with the people that victimized me was a better solution than pulling a gun and escalating the problem 10 fold. Strickland has articles written about him explaining how he's purposely pulled a car full of people into a fight, and they ran away from him after Strickland pulled out a pipe. That's why he has a gun. He just wants to set up this shit and cry self defense like you idiots do. He has a short fuse, and Sean said he would have killed them if they hadn't ran away.

I've been robbed at gunpoint twice, both times in the US (once in Chicago and once in Miami) while there on business. I handed over my wallet both times and the guy with the gun took off. Aside from the inconvenience of cancelling my credit card, I had about 200 bucks in cash on me total between the two robberies.

Now if I'd had a gun and escalated it, what then? I'm going to shoot some poor bastard (or get shot) for 200 bucks? It's a stupid argument.

Yeah, that's the actual hilarious part about the whole American guns argument.

It really doesn't matter if you're packing if someone has already pulled a gun on you because you're just going to die if you try and pull it. They all think they're some hero from some Western and can outdraw someone who has a gun to their head. I guess that's what you get with a borderline 3rd world education system.

Maybe violent video games ?, more strict rules in Canadian gun purchases ?, responsible parents that don't leave loaded guns laying around the house ?

I don't know, but certainly an up rise in violence compared to past decades.

We have the same video games, so it's not that. I'd go with the laws and culture behind guns in America.

So then ask yourself, why is that happening in America, but not happening in Canada? I live just across the border from Detroit. Why are school shootings and murders happening there, but not 30 minutes across the border?
School shooting are your example? How about you look at the parents? I'm going to wager if a kid decides to shoot up a school, then the parents failed that child. Gun control is fairly relaxed in America, too. Which I find stupid because shit like Sandy Hook wouldn't have happened if psyche evaluations were given to people before they get a gun. Or at least it could help. But you know what it probably wouldn't though. Because there's a black market for guns too. How do you think our registered felons keep getting them? When you get prosecuted you forfeit your right to do things like vote and own a gun, after release from prison. So, I mean even if a college kid fails a psyche evaluation and still want to shoot a shool, he'll just buy an unregistered firearm. Deals like that happen all the time too. Do you see how needlessly complex this bullshit gets? Everything has a nuance to it.

Yeah, that's the actual hilarious part about the whole American guns argument.

It really doesn't matter if you're packing if someone has already pulled a gun on you because you're just going to die if you try and pull it. They all think they're some hero from some Western and can outdraw someone who has a gun to their head. I guess that's what you get with a borderline 3rd world education system.
That and shitty parents.

School shooting are your example? How about you look at the parents? I'm going to wager if a kid decides to shoot up a school, then the parents failed that child. Gun control is fairly relaxed in America, too. Which I find stupid because shit like Sandy Hook wouldn't have happened if psyche evaluations were given to people before they get a gun. Or at least it could help. But you know what it probably wouldn't though. Because there's a black market for guns too. How do you think our registered felons keep getting them? When you get prosecuted you forfeit your right to do things like vote and own a gun, after release from prison. So, I mean even if a college kid fails a psyche evaluation and still want to shoot a shool, he'll just buy an unregistered firearm. Deals like that happen all the time too. Do you see how needlessly complex this bullshit gets? Everything has a nuance to it.

So america just has the shittest parents in the world?
It's insane how relaxed the laws are. It's also insane they're different state by state.

You mean like a 5 year old girl getting hit with stray bullets from a gangbanger's Mac 10? Yeah, that shit happens all the time around in Chicago. When I was in high school, one of my friends was pistol whipped and robbed while trying to buy drugs in Gary, In. Guess, what? He followed the guy that robbed him back to the drug den, and had to get talked out of going in there by one of his friends. They literally said, "If you go in there you are not coming back out." Shit like this happens in shit neighborhoods where I know I am not welcomed, so I stay out of the ghettos. Don't purposely put yourself in bad situations. Do you want to use more cherry picked anecdotes? Because I will too.

I have been victimized before, everyone has, and guns wouldn't have helped in my specific examples. Cutting ties with the people that victimized me was a better solution than pulling a gun and escalating the problem 10 fold. Strickland has articles written about him explaining how he's purposely pulled a car full of people into a fight, and they ran away from him after Strickland pulled out a pipe. That's why he has a gun. He just wants to set up this shit and cry self defense like you idiots do. He has a short fuse, and Sean said he would have killed them if they hadn't ran away.
Strickland is an idiot …..I’ve never owned or wanted a Gun …..I’m from Wolfville Nova Scotia ffs ….. we mostly friendly and easy going lol …..

Since when are facts and statistics an attempt at a save?

And frankly yes, an entire country with a few million people or less is tiny. Toronto has 7 million people for example. That's bigger in terms of population that most of the countries on the list you provided.

Trying to justify almost 40k a year of deaths by gun violence in the US by inferring "well its more spread out because of capita dispersion, hur hur hur"... is a really stupid way of rationalizing an insane death rate.

If you look at the countries on the list you provided and you feel good that the US is lower down than some of them, you need a head check. The United States has the highest rate of gun violence of any first world country, period. If you want to compare the US to El Salvador, which is pretty much blacklisted for being a warzone, then what point are you actually trying to make?

Canada and the United States share a common border and are ostensibly the only 1st world countries in North and South America. And yet per capita the US has 7x higher gun violence than Canada per capita.

You said the U.S. led the world in gun violence. You were wrong. Just take the L instead of writing multi paragraph justifications.

It's embarrassing.

We have the same video games, so it's not that. I'd go with the laws and culture behind guns in America.

Having recently moved to Canada after most of life in American big cities I would have to say theres kind of a general sense of good-will up here thats different from the States. The States people are just F'n jaded - and they worship the worst aspects of other people. Whethers its Tony Montana or Gordon Gecko or Tony Soprano -I love a great villain like anyone else for "a Movie" but more and more people seem to worship these people as real life people to emulate -that goes for Rich and Poor City and Rural

As far as video games and music etc..I grew up playing violent video games all my life and though i love training combat sports -am not a violent person. That doesnt mean that to 'Some kids" they might not be a detriment. Meaning if my son is self isolating, looking apathetic and immersing himself in extremely violent imagery or music -its time for an intervention. Thats right 2 months with Dad up in remote wilderness to chop some wood go fishing and re-center.

T

You said the U.S. led the world in gun violence. You were wrong. Just take the L instead of writing multi paragraph justifications.

It's embarrassing.

I give up. Are you related to Lauren Bobert by any chance? And yes the US is only #2 in total gun deaths after Brazil.. But hey Brazil is a first world country right? lol

You are clearly mentally challenged.

I certainly don't have the definitive answer, although I wished I did. My children all hunt, and were raised around guns, with strong discipline in safety and responsibility. I think the liberal state laws, along with loose parenting by irresponsible parents is probably the issue.

But I'm not a child psychologist nor expert, but the mass shootings at schools and public venues is disgusting and heinous to say the least...and makes all legal law abiding citizens look bad.

Why don't you ask yourself who is going to protect you from an attacker? Your govt? The police? LMAO. Thugs run a muck in the US and thats why you carry. Let a thug rob you and beat the piss out of you and see what your thoughts are on it afterwards.

Why don't you ask yourself who is going to protect you from an attacker? Your govt? The police? LMAO. Thugs run a muck in the US and thats why you carry. Let a thug rob you and beat the piss out of you and see what your thoughts are on it afterwards.

Has this ever happened to you? Sure hasn't happened to me. I'm almost 40 and I've never been attacked by anyone, or seen this happen. Perhaps you have to question why it's happening in America and not Europe or Canada.

95+% of gun crime happens in the inner city. America doesn't have a gun problem, those areas do.

If you eliminate Chicago, Detroit, NY, NO, St Louis and LA etc... US gun violence is on par with countries like Canada. Look it up. Registered gun owners (owning several hundred million guns in US) have a far lower per capita incident of gun crime than pretty much every country.

There are dangerous cities and boroughs in Canada as well.

Get a clue.

I've been robbed at gunpoint twice, both times in the US (once in Chicago and once in Miami) while there on business. I handed over my wallet both times and the guy with the gun took off. Aside from the inconvenience of cancelling my credit card, I had about 200 bucks in cash on me total between the two robberies.

Now if I'd had a gun and escalated it, what then? I'm going to shoot some poor bastard (or get shot) for 200 bucks? It's a stupid argument.

I feel you. I'm professionally disciplined with a weapon, but don't like to carry. I'm a bit of a... difficult[?] person. It's not something I want to add to a situation. I support the right, but the need is an extreme rarity.

That said, in retirement I've become somewhat of an outdoorsman, and finding myself in the middle of nowhere in the dark returning to my truck to find people snooping, and occupied blacked out cars next to it, and drug deals at the trailheads, I got to thinking. Shit does happen.

I've also spent some time in banged up neighborhoods in the south where the rate for solving murders and missing peoples is close zero and it feels like every local you come across is sizing you up for the trunk of his car. For what, I wouldn't know. Bragging rights? Feed you to his gator? I don't intend to find out. Fortunately my business down there has been strictly hunting so I'm typically armed by default.

As for Strickland, I'm enjoying him more and more as an entertainer.

If you eliminate Chicago, Detroit, NY, NO, St Louis and LA etc... US gun violence is on par with countries like Canada. Look it up. Registered gun owners (owning several hundred million guns in US) have a far lower per capita incident of gun crime than pretty much every country.

There are dangerous cities and boroughs in Canada as well.

Get a clue.
{<jordan}

Firearm-related homicides in Canada have been steadily increasing, reaching a total of 277 in 2020.

Virtually identical!

Back