Was the UFC what propelled Joe Rogan’s career or is it the...

He's average, most people are average, that's why he is big.
Hard worker that got to wealth solely due to the UFC

Joe Rogan was a millionaire before the UFC gig. He was a co-star on a long running sitcom for years. He also did Fear Factor, which was also a popular show. Not to mention his comedy gigs, which is how he got his foot in the door in Hollywood in the first place. Most people might be average, but you sir are well below average.

Why shit on joe, he’s doing a fun entertaining job on podcast and has the greatest side gig ever , who wouldn’t do his job given the chance <Goldie11><30>
a while ago I could have given you many reasons. I like the more humble and mellow Rogan. He was a smart ass know it all and talked out of his ass on a lot when he was younger. Goldy was there to make him look good. Someone had to be the fall guy. He could call it on BJJ tech I will give him that.

It is most likely a chicken/egg thing but personally I totally forgot about Rogan until I started watching the UFC how ever many years ago that was. I stumbled onto his podcast and was Semi-interested but haven't listened to a single episode in years because I really don't like him and the format anymore.

Rogan would be nothing without the UFC.

I think I believe this. He got a gig on the UFC because it was this kind of underground, kind of niche thing where a charismatic comedian type could reasonably be one of the main talking heads. But then the UFC blew up, and Rogan got tons of exposure as a result. And as the more and more people perceived the UFC as legitimate, they did the same with Rogan, regardless of if he actually deserved it.

The other way around. I honestly can’t go through a full episode of the Joe Rogan experience without getting insulted intellectually for many reasons. The 2 obvious ones are, Joe talks like he learned English on Sherdog. The second is he interviews people like Bob Lazar and then uses their accounts to discuss the legitimacy of aliens with the likes of GSP as a source while he evades the questions if he believes Lazar!
He basically goes with the popular narratives but keeps other options open just in case he is proven wrong.
Case&point, almost every Sherbro uses the same tactics in their predictions for example, fighter A should win via KO, but won’t be surprised if fighter B wins via such and such!

So my question is, what makes Joe Rogan so successful when he literally sound like the average Sherbro?
He's just a dollar store Art Bell. It's been done before and a lot better. But he does have a quality of sincerity in his voice that makes you want to agree with what he is saying. He's smarter than his average listener but not much more.

Joe Rogan was a millionaire before the UFC gig. He was a co-star on a long running sitcom for years. He also did Fear Factor, which was also a popular show. Not to mention his comedy gigs, which is how he got his foot in the door in Hollywood in the first place. Most people might be average, but you sir are well below average.
he wasn't mega rich, but he made decent money.
His current income from spewing conspiracy theories on his podcast is paying him far more.
Based on union standards for speaking parts in network TV shows he was probably guaranteed about 20-25k an episode for a 80 show run on News Radio in the 90s, which after agent fees and taxes was probably about a million bucks.
Comedians are not well off unless they get a televised special.

Lazar's story is interesting. He did work for the government at Area 51 so there could be merit to his stories. Either way you are trying to discuss something that can't be proven either way. If there are aliens and general public doesn't know about it, there's no way to really prove that. Also there's no real way to disprove there aren't aliens, to do so would just show the lack of intelligence by trying to come up with a concrete answer for something like that when the universe is so vast and we know very little of it and haven't really been able to explore any of it.

Other topics he brings in experts that both agree or disagree with the narrative and he tries to be balanced between the 2. Just trying to throw questions to each that are common questions that may contradict their beliefs/narrative. He tries to use as much facts as possible that's why they are always fact checking everything because he understands facts matter.

The problem I see most with most people and their issues with Joe Rogan is that people don't agree with his views, even though they can't disprove them or he actually proves it to be factual. So that's the reason many don't like him from what I've seen. He doesn't seem to follow the narrative just for the sake of following the narrative like most people like to do. If something doesn't make sense he calls it out while others ignore it.

Also his success is a mixture of Podcasting, Fear Factor and UFC, but it's really his podcasts that got him his following and the most success.
Bob Lazar is a narcissist without empathy just like a serial killer who when caught have no empathy and completely deny all accusations while smiling right in your face. Don’t be that gullible. Lazar was a nobody who wanted fame and attention so he made up a story. I also saw a being from another dimension but I won’t say anything until I take a video of him if I ever got to see him again. Though, the being is completely different than anything u have heard off

fear factor made joe rogan a more household name than the UFC.

He's just a dollar store Art Bell. It's been done before and a lot better. But he does have a quality of sincerity in his voice that makes you want to agree with what he is saying. He's smarter than his average listener but not much more.
Very true

That’s not the problem, the problem is in the comments. People believe everything they watch and it’s what’s destroying our society as humans. There are people out there that are extremely gullible even with WWW at their disposal to do their own research but they take the words of an entertainer and live by it! It’s very dangerous for our society really
Joe Rogan is destroying our society as humans??
<Dany07>
You're such a sensitive pussy.

I still watch the podcast, but like others have said, lately Rogan just spouts his opinion off as fact. That because he's had all these smart people on his show, that he is now this educated person that can take all these firm stances on complicated subjects.

I shit on Rogan's commentary because it's been awful for years and has gotten progressively worse since he cut back his UFC duties.

Don't give a fuck about his podcast one way or the other, and I think that the people who are hysterically opposed to it are mentally ill. I really liked it 5-6 years ago, but it got stale for me.
So you absolutely dont give a fuck about his podcast but have listened for yrs and still pay attention to everything he does?
I mean, you can cry about it or not listen.
Why is this so tough?

Being that this is all about MMA here it was undoubtedly Fear Factor that put both the UFC and Rogan on the map.

I still watch the podcast, but like others have said, lately Rogan just spouts his opinion off as fact. That because he's had all these smart people on his show, that he is now this educated person that can take all these firm stances on complicated subjects.
Just out of curiosity, what opinions Rogan do you strongly disagree with?

Nah, Rogan was a HUGE celeb from Fear Factor. Literally, everyone knew him name. UFC benefited from having such a mega-star join the team.

FearFactor-AboutImage-1920x1080-KO.jpg

Rogan started working UFC shows before Fear Factor when most people who knew who he was knew him from News Radio.

I don't think that there was any crossover whatsoever. Fear Factor was a trash reality show for middle aged normies.

Back