You think Jones is going the GSP/Cejudo route?

Basically effectively retired unless there is a favorable match up for him. Like if Francis retires and somehow Black Beast or Tuivasa get the title shot over Gane?
Maybe, but a title shot for Jones should include a 3 fight contract at HW to avoid the Mcgregor/GSP bullshit of grabbing a title off a fluke champ and then running away, bragging the whole time like you did something really amazing...but of course they won't. They'll probably make Jones/Glover II for interim HW if that's what he wants.

If Dana could somehow pay him 11+ million plus to fight Ngannou, I think Jones could take the fight.
Dude...keep up. Jones was already offered around 10-12 to fight Ngannou and he said no way, not for less than 30.

Enough with the GSP bullshit. I’ve seen plenty of evidence saying GSP was coming back for other fighters. It just worked out the way it did. And what’s wrong with fighting a guy that beat Silva?? Hate is an evil thing.. Especially years and decades later. It’s a fucking sport. Quit crying, ffs.

Why aren’t Conor and Izzy in your title. Both cherrypicked a fight a division up? And did Cejudo cause TJ to be suspended? It’s so fucking ridiculous.
Randy cherrypicked Silvia but he defended. Blachowicz was never going to be an easy fight for Izzy and who's to say he wouldn't have defended if he won? Wasn't the Idea that he would win and lure Jones back down?

It's also utterly idiotic and deluded, or at least misguided; Jones has only broken 1m buys against Cormier once. He averages between 500-600k. He was making 5+m per fight. He simply is not worth the kind of money he thinks he is. He also hasn't looked exactly like the greatest thing on earth for years now. His last three fight were his worst performances of his careers, with two controversial decisions.

This is fundamentally incorrect. Jones is historically a bigger draw than Wilder and makes considerably less compared to him. He's definitely worth the kind of money he thinks he is, the UFC's pay structure (18% revenue share with the athletes) is just not conducive of fighters being paid what they are actually worth.

I'm no GSP hater, but this is disingenuous: it's pretty clear that Silva was no longer the same fighter when Bisping beat him.
Is it though? After the Bisping fight, he managed to beat Brunson and lose a decently close (still a clear loss) to Adesanya. He seemed to have plenty in the tank after the Bisping fight. Was he at his peak peak prime, I don't think so, but let's not act he was BJ out in the streets. That win deserves respect and stylistically played out as I would have expected a prime fight to play out in terms of volume vs. damage (maybe Silva finishes him a couple years earlier, maybe not).

He beat him once by a close decision. Most likely on roids.
Well, more like he beat him twice:

1. By decision, most likely on roids
2. By finish, on roids - got overturned, but DC doesn't get that damage or feeling back

Well, more like he beat him twice:

1. By decision, most likely on roids
2. By finish, on roids - got overturned, but DC doesn't get that damage or feeling back
I think the answer was hiding in plain sight

I think the answer was hiding in plain sight
Do you think DC goes around saying he lost once? There's how sports writers look at these things and how competitors do. I think a guy like DC feels like he lost twice and it gets to him. I would relate to that sentiment.

What about his legacy would a second win over a guy he dominated in a division he dominated for a belt he never lost (not from losing a fight anyway) would "secure" anything?

You are calling for the most pointless Jones matchup there is. No offense to Glover. I love Glover. Glover would love another shot at Jones. That could CEMENT Glover's legacy with an improbable win.

I would do 0 for Jones.
And probably sell about 60k PPVs.

Lol. Sorry for basically reposting what you said.
I'm too lazy to read other replies shitting on silly ideas before my own shitposting on the topic.

EDIT2***

ah shit you even managed to make a post about fighter pay sorta defending dana/ufc brass that I agree with. Jon is the gift that keeps on giving.

Agreed, the only thing that could further improve Joness legacy is going back in time and not failing all those PED tests.

Agreed, the only thing that could further improve Joness legacy is going back in time and not failing all those PED tests.
Used up my likes but you, sir, are a ripe cheeky cunt (in the positive Australian sense of the word) and spot on.

Cejido is not in the same league as Jones and GSP. He's a flash in the pan that's trying to leverage his blip of success into a huge payday. Problem is nobody gives a shit about him.

LOL Jon Jones may never fight again.

Do you think DC goes around saying he lost once? There's how sports writers look at these things and how competitors do. I think a guy like DC feels like he lost twice and it gets to him. I would relate to that sentiment.
Honestly? If it was me, I'd say the dude was roided for the second fight and maybe (probably) for the first fight, so there's no telling what would have happened if Jones wasn't cheating. But DC is much more of a gentleman than I am, so he says nothing.

Jones will never do what Cormier already did. Step up and put your money where your mouth is and win titles in two different divisions.

he should have went for the glover rematch and retired. It would have been an easy win and it would have secured his legacy. To be honest, I feel as though he isn't afraid to move up to hw as long as the price tag is right. He said in a interview that he didn't give a shit about being knocked out as long as he gets paid his worth. If Dana could somehow pay him 11+ million plus to fight Ngannou, I think Jones could take the fight. But since dana is such a cheap bald fuck, Jones won't take the chance. Seriously, I don't blame him. Who wants to get knocked out for a 500k purse. lol.

This. The reason why we don't get big fights more often is Dana hates when he has to pay big money for both fighters. His style is to match up highly-paid fighters with another fighter on a poverty contract.

Back