PBP UFC 271: Adesanya vs. Whittaker 2 - Main Card PBP Discussion: 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think he meant to say "knockdown"

Okay, but even the slip of the tongue aside, he said plural knockdowns. There was 1 knockdown and I doubt even Mrs Whittaker gave Rob Rnd 1.
I am really curious what Izzy did to win 3 other rounds on 1 judges' card.
I saw some leg kicks. Very little damage kicking or punching and him get taken down 4 times. I never thought Rob was in any danger of getting stopped after that first round.
I just can't see how Izzy wins 49-46.

Imagine if Whittaker had Vettori's chin. I'd love to see that fighter face Izzy. Not saying Whittaker is glass jawed by any means, but goddamn... Vettori's chin is GOAT level.

robert-whittaker-of-australia-punches-israel-adesanya-of-nigeria-in-picture-id1370245429

roxanne-modafferi-hugs-casey-oneill-after-their-women-flyweight-fight-picture-id1238430619

Yea but fights are scored round by round. It's great that he got a knockdown in the first, but beyond that round he struggled to land any meaningful head strikes while Rob was landing a stiff jab repeatedly. And Rob also obviously had the grappling. Acting like Izzy did significantly more to earn the win is just false.

In Round 3, after the takedown which Izzy IMMEDIATELY got up from with no damage, he landed pretty much every single shot the rest of the round. Must have outstruck him 10-1 in the last 1:30. There’s no way any objective observer can give that round to Rob. Also, Izzy was doing a lot of damage to the leg which should count for something. I thought Izzy won rounds 1-3, 4 was too close to call where it should honestly be 10-10 if they weren’t so against even rounds, and the 5th was Rob’s.

Easy 3-2, not 4-1
Nothing easy about it imo, the fight was close, I think a 4-1 isn't a robbery, 3-2 the fairest decision.. 4-1 Izzy to me is fairer than any claim for Robert winning.

*My scumbag cunty mind was hoping for Robert to pull this off
CoordinatedAltruisticGrasshopper-size_restricted.gif

In Round 3, after the takedown which Izzy IMMEDIATELY got up from with no damage, he landed pretty much every single shot the rest of the round. Must have outstruck him 10-1 in the last 1:30. There’s no way any objective observer can give that round to Rob. Also, Izzy was doing a lot of damage to the leg which should count for something. I thought Izzy won rounds 1-3, 4 was too close to call where it should honestly be 10-10 if they weren’t so against even rounds, and the 5th was Rob’s.
Yea, I didn't give Rob round 3. To me rounds 4 and 5 were clear for Rob, with the 2nd being the tossup round.

It is the way they judge championship fights. If you don't win decisively then you aren't going take the belt as a challenger. I can't remember any recent championship fights where it is a close fight and the champion loses. I think if Rob had a big moment in round 5 then he might have taken it.
Moreno vs Fig 3?

Didn't post in here tonight but good night ladies and gents... Pretty damn good card...

How so? relevant fights for each

Strickland:
3 decisions against Marshman, Uriah Hall and and Jotko, TKO finish against Brendan Allen and Split win against Jack Joker.

Vs

TKO win against Anderson Silva
TKO win against David Branch
TKO win against Jack Joker
TKO win against Brunson
Decision against Kelvin Gastelum

and 1 loss against Whittaker.

2nd resume is far supreme imo regardless of loss.
What is more valuable, a resume with losses sprinkled in, or a streak?
This is a "fighting championship"
He just lost two fights ago. Strickland is undefeated at mw and on like a 7 fight streak?
Plus the Anderson fight was trash, super fluke win.
Jared looked awful tonight to be honest. He got the finish yeah, but he looked like shit most the fight and only edged it out because his opponent has borderline retarded fight IQ and heart issues
And I like jared

I saw Whitaker winning a majority of the rounds. Izzy didnt do anything but throw kicks that were dodged or blocked. Whitaker landed the cleaner blows and got several takedowns. He owned almost every significant moment.

But izzy is the big star so obviously they will give him the win. Dude landed a glancing partially blocked kick and bisping and dc are like "theres a round for adesanya"

It was the body language I think. Izzy was moving forward and just looked more confident. I think that's what made people think it was a clear win for him. Also, they probably count a lot of checked kicks as landed.

That was a really close fight.

Okay, but even the slip of the tongue aside, he said plural knockdowns. There was 1 knockdown and I doubt even Mrs Whittaker gave Rob Rnd 1.
I am really curious what Izzy did to win 3 other rounds on 1 judges' card.
I saw some leg kicks. Very little damage kicking or punching and him get taken down 4 times. I never thought Rob was in any danger of getting stopped after that first round.
I just can't see how Izzy wins 49-46.
I had the fight 4-1. It was a very easy fight to score. Rob had very little controls in his takedowns. Adesanya was the aggressor most of the fight and controlled majority of the rounds with his strikes.

It was the body language I think. Izzy was moving forward and just looked more confident. I think that's what made people think it was a clear win for him. Also, they probably count a lot of checked kicks as landed.

That was a really close fight.
This is something i'd love to re-look at, kept saying that looked checked, but never certain as Whittaker looked more affected even in the most plausible *checks* imo.

It is the way they judge championship fights. If you don't win decisively then you aren't going take the belt as a challenger. I can't remember any recent championship fights where it is a close fight and the champion loses. I think if Rob had a big moment in round 5 then he might have taken it.

The qualm is that Whitaker finished the fight stronger.

In Round 3 - Izzy landed 17 of 33 / Rob landed 12 of 28

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/ca8f73d038c4d6e7

Back