izzy is lucky mousasi isnt in the ufc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let me make two EXTREMELY VALID points as j.slack might be thee most overrated mma " savant ".... and most of his peers disagree with Jack concerning mousasi.

First off, Mousasi Machida 2 wasnt close by any metric. Only because judge Mike Bell somehow gave machida 2 rounds ( machida won 0 rounds. Other judges seem to have gotten it right).

Uneventful? Yes. Should Mousasi have finished lyoto? Yes. However, as sometimes gegard does, mousasi just gave machida too much respect but there wasnt 1 round that was close in anyway.

The numbers and significant strikes show it ..... and mousasi had the only takedown in 3rd where he had already outsruck machida ( again). Lol, Lyoto latched on to an innocuous guillotine with 13 seconds to go where Mousasi just had to posture his rear up and laugh ( first day stuff).

Secondly- have people actually watched the Rachel Lovato "fight ?". What in the name of cage fighting , mma or even " effective grappling" did Lovato do to attain a major mma title ?

The enormous Lovato was able to blanket mousasi in the first and fifth but the fifth degree black belt couldnt sink in one defendable sub . Mousasi actually swept the decorated grappler in 3rd , put a couple of holes in Rachel's mug and almost finished fight . 10 more seconds and its over-.
The fourth round was embarrassing. We saw a hurt Lovato running around the cage only to get dropped more than a couple of times as the moose cut the cage in half. Rachel just laid on back, didnt eant any part of getting up until ref ordered him up.

Lovato was able to slice through the butterfly guard of GM ..... and fairly easy but did nothing- 0- after the fact.

I could see if Lovato had mousasi on his back for majority of fight like the mo fight but that wasnt the case.

Mousasi won that fight and , at the very least, shouldve retained title .Lovato did nothing to earn a major middleweight title.

That said , the last time mousasi lost a fight was the Japan flukish tko which he brutally avenged. That makes him 12/12 in his past dozen ( 5 of those, murder jobs in his last 5 with UFC. The only fighter in UFC history to leave on his own terms after winning 5 in a row..... and actively continue to fight ).

I'd like to hear Slacks breakdown of a possible mousasi bisping breakdown ( at the time ). The absolute worst match up for Michael as he would not hold a single advantage over Mousasi. No coincidence that Mike avoided GM twice .

So how overrated could the dutchman be ?

When DC went down with injury vs rumble , GM begged for the fight at 205. Styles make fights and rumble wanted no part of mousasi. Anthony was refreshingly honest about it and took alot of crap for not fighting the smaller man to save ppv.

When it comes to mousasi, jack is a fraud and , of course, GM detractors will reference jack when the situation arises.

Mousasi bless

Let me make two EXTREMELY VALID points as j.slack might be thee most overrated mma " savant ".... and most of his peers disagree with Jack concerning mousasi.

First off, Mousasi Machida 2 wasnt close by any metric. Only because judge Mike Bell somehow gave machida 2 rounds ( machida won 0 rounds. Other judges seem to have gotten it right).

Uneventful? Yes. Should Mousasi have finished lyoto? Yes. However, as sometimes gegard does, mousasi just gave machida too much respect but there wasnt 1 round that was close in anyway.

The numbers and significant strikes show it ..... and mousasi had the only takedown in 3rd where he had already outsruck machida ( again). Lol, Lyoto latched on to an innocuous guillotine with 13 seconds to go where Mousasi just had to posture his rear up and laugh ( first day stuff).

Secondly- have people actually watched the Rachel Lovato "fight ?". What in the name of cage fighting , mma or even " effective grappling" did Lovato do to attain a major mma title ?

The enormous Lovato was able to blanket mousasi in the first and fifth but the fifth degree black belt couldnt sink in one dependable sub . Mousasi actually swept the decorated grappler in 3rd , put a couple of holes in Rachel's mug and almost finished fight . 10 more seconds and its over-.
The fourth round was embarrassing. We saw a hurt Lovato running around the cage only to get dropped more than a couple of times as the moose cut the cage in half. Rachel just laid on back, didnt eant any part of getting up until ref ordered him up.

Lovato was able to slice through the butterfly guard of GM ..... and fairly easy but did nothing- 0- after the fact.

I could see if Lovato had mousasi on his back for majority of fight like the mo fight but that wasnt the case.

Mousasi won that fight and , at the very least, shouldve retained title .Lovato did nothing to earn a major middleweight title.

That said , the last time mousasi lost a fight was the Japan flukish tko which he brutally avenged. That makes him 12/12 in his past dozen ( 5 of those, murder jobs in his last 5 with UFC. The only fighter in UFC history to leave on his own terms after winning 5 in a row..... and actively continue to fight ).

I'd like to hear Slacks breakdown of a possible mousasi bisping breakdown ( at the time ). The absolute worst match up for Michael as he would not hold a single advantage over Mousasi. No coincidence that Mike avoided GM twice .

So how overrated could the dutchman be ?

When DC went down with injury vs rumble , GM begged for the fight at 205. Styles make fights and rumble wanted no part of mousasi. Anthony was refreshingly honest about it and took alot of crap for not fighting the smaller man to save ppv.

When it comes to mousasi, jack is a fraud and , of course, GM detractors will reference jack when the situation arises.

Mousasi bless
At the end of the day, he isn't fighting the best MWs in the world so it's all baseless claims when people say he is the best MW in the world.

Pretty sure Mousasi would beat him yes. Sadly, we're unlikely to ever see that fight. But he's vastly superior to Whittaker both on the ground and at getting it there, and he's arguably a much better striker too.

Moose has become the new Fedor around these parts except with neither the undefeated streak or the aura. He fights guys like Salter and LOSES to guys like Lovato but people think he would "starch" the best mw on the planet right now.

Don't get me wrong Mousasi is a great fighter and 8 years ago this would have been a great fight.

Present day however, Moose would get outclassed most likely or would get outpointed in a boring low action affair. He has hardly been setting Bellator alight since leaving the UFC, arguably got beaten vs Shlemenko. Was beaten by Lovato Jr. Arguably beaten by 40 year old Machida.

He beats welterweights and guys like John Salter all day, but that's a far cry from saying he'd school Adesanya. Salter is probably a top 50 UFC middleweight if he were to go there. Wouldn't even be close the getting ranked.
What do you mean, “LOSES to guys like Lovato”? What kind of guy is Lovato? He’s undefeated. I get that he hasn’t been tested by elite competition other than Mousasi, but he passed every test he was given.

Lmao. Mousasi gets clowned. He looked like shit against grandpa Machida.

At the end of the day, he isn't fighting the best MWs in the world so it's all baseless claims when people say he is the best MW in the world.
There not baseless claims. They're, arguable, opinions and most would call Israel the best middleweight..... and hed be a -200 / +170 favorite against mousasi. I wont deny that and moose, at this point, would have to be the one that proves it.

Its 2022 and there are alot of people ( mostly fighters ) who see mousasi as a problematic match up for Adesanya which is amazing in itself.

Hey, maybe mousasi gets upset in a few weeks and in typical sherdog fashion - so many will be chomping at the bit to destroy a guy who is approaching 50 wins ( 39 stoppages) while practically counting his losses on one hand over 19 years and that record spans every top promotion over 2 weight classes.

I'm being fair...... I'd love to see the fight and see what happens.

What do you mean, “LOSES to guys like Lovato”? What kind of guy is Lovato? He’s undefeated. I get that he hasn’t been tested by elite competition other than Mousasi, but he passed every test he was given.
Because it happened in Bellator so naturally that guy just assumes Lovato sucks.

He is a first tier goat ...... especially in the minds of fighters and journalists who have been around ( you know - the people that count ).
You wouldnt understand .

I mean - if Bisping doesn't decline a mousasi title shot , Gegard re signs and beats Michael Bisping ? for title and the whole narrative of Gegard Mousasi changes because he beats bisping ?( and likely 1 or 2 defenses).

Please- I dont care if he doesnt win another fight , hes clearly the 2nd best middle of all time.
First tier goat, yeah ok lmao. I know you're a Moose superfan and that's fine. But no, just no. Second best mw of all time?

<36>

Anyway no real need to respond we never agree and don't enjoy speaking to eachother IIRC. Definitely not gonna agree on this one.

I'm not reading through 5 pages but I wish we could see that fight. It's not that I'm dying on the hill that either would win but I'd be interested in seeing whether Izzy could deal with Moose's fight IQ, educated jab and overall ground game. On the other hand I'd be interested in seeing if Moose could deal with Izzy's timing and range. Moose would need to get Izzy's respect on the feet then use it to set up takedowns. Could he do that? Not sure.

I could see it going either way but at the same time I've never seen Moose lose to a guy who brought a similar skill set as Izzy but I've seen Izzy lose to Jan in a way that I can't help but think Moose might be able to replicate.

I'm a staunch hater of the UFC's monopoly and don't believe they should just have all of the top fighters full stop but Moose/Izzy is one I really wish we could get.

D-1 Moose could do it

Dutch kickboxing Moose on the other hand…..

I'm not reading through 5 pages but I wish we could see that fight. It's not that I'm dying on the hill that either would win but I'd be interested in seeing whether Izzy could deal with Moose's fight IQ, educated jab and overall ground game. On the other hand I'd be interested in seeing if Moose could deal with Izzy's timing and range. Moose would need to get Izzy's respect on the feet then use it to set up takedowns. Could he do that? Not sure.

I could see it going either way but at the same time I've never seen Moose lose to a guy who brought a similar skill set as Izzy but I've seen Izzy lose to Jan in a way that I can't help but think Moose might be able to replicate.

I'm a staunch hater of the UFC's monopoly and don't believe they should just have all of the top fighters full stop but Moose/Izzy is one I really wish we could get.

The Jan fight did seem to suggest as well that Izzy maybe more vulnerable to grappling if someone can hang with him in the striking.

Mousasi's main weakness is to elite BJJ I'd say, his depenance on scambling back up ather than avoiding takedowns.

Who the hell is jackslack? Is he a Sherdogger?

UniqueShockingIrishwaterspaniel-size_restricted.gif

Am I doing it right?
{<redford}

Who the hell is jackslack? Is he a Sherdogger?
Talking head/analyst type dude who despite knowing his stuff has emotional takes that he refuses to get away from. He's been doing the Mousasi schtick for like a decade now.

So an A lister is lucky a C lister isn't in the big leagues??

Mousassi is overrated af on sherdog, literally no one knows who he is and no one cares he tucked tail and went to B-league for easy paychecks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back