izzy is lucky mousasi isnt in the ufc

Status
Not open for further replies.
496ce3235bd30c731f9634e661fceb8c.gif
What happened in the rematch? I forgot.

Would have been nice to see Moose still in the UFC, but I don't think he beats Izzy.

Adesanya is not that good, he got dominated by past prime KSW castoff Jan

Mousasi, Mineev, Eblen would all starch him, imo

Shouldn't you be preaching your propaganda in the contender forum?

Like it or not, Izzy walks through all those guys. Your "opinion" can't be taken seriously cause you have a massive bias.

mousasi would beat the brakes off izzy
better fighter and more experience
he would ground and pound izzy
mousasi's striking is way above roberts and hits way harder then robert
mousasi's iq is way better then roberts
izzy wouldnt not beat mousasi
Mousasi is fucking shit

I remember when Mousasi said if he fought Bisping, he’d jab his face off.

Oh, Gegard
View attachment 908035

I have to admit, the guy is one of the funniest guys in the sport.

At the UFC 210 presser , he was on fire about fighting out his deal and wanted to get paid ..... and even was " reasonable " as he wasnt looking for hunt , vitor or hendo money ( " I beat them all ").

Then , in his somewhat broken English : Michael bisping ?..... c'mon, serious, you dont think I beat bisping ? I be easy favored to beat him( as he struggled to get all that out in fluent manner )"

Then he went on to make fun of conor's tattoo s( as he was talking popularity contests & money....and fairly getting paid).
" who does that ?" ( an ape and whatever king crown covering chest ).

Even understood politics as talked well about Dana and uttered " Dana always talk good about me ".

On fire, he was.

How about beating K-1 HW champ Kyotaro who was also a ranked top 10 HW boxer WBO

Israel got KTFO in the B leagues of kickboxing lmao, let me know when he beats a striker of that caliber

Kyotaro beat Aerts, Le Banner, Saki and many more

+220 against kyotaro and just bullied the larger champion for 15 minutes.

Meh, you guys have been overrating Moose his entire career. If he was as good in reality as in your hypotheticals, he'd be the goat.
He is a first tier goat ...... especially in the minds of fighters and journalists who have been around ( you know - the people that count ).
You wouldnt understand .

I mean - if Bisping doesn't decline a mousasi title shot , Gegard re signs and beats Michael Bisping ? for title and the whole narrative of Gegard Mousasi changes because he beats bisping ?( and likely 1 or 2 defenses).

Please- I dont care if he doesnt win another fight , hes clearly the 2nd best middle of all time.

Last edited:
Mousasi's style doesn't match up very well. He waits too much and allows these kind of quick counter strikers to score too many points. Check him out in the first Machida fight.

He would have to grapple but the more effective gameplan is to wall N stall Adesanya. Mousasi's grappling is more geared towards top control and not cage grappling, and that would be a bigger task.

In the end he has a chance. Pick-em fight.

UFC hypemen out in full force tonight.

Sorry to break it to you guys but there's people outside of the UFC that can beat UFC fighters.
Absolutely there are. Mousasi would beat a number of MW's in the UFC today, Adesanya just isn't one of them, nor is Whittaker for that matter.

Moose has become the new Fedor around these parts except with neither the undefeated streak or the aura. He fights guys like Salter and LOSES to guys like Lovato but people think he would "starch" the best mw on the planet right now.

Don't get me wrong Mousasi is a great fighter and 8 years ago this would have been a great fight.

Present day however, Moose would get outclassed most likely or would get outpointed in a boring low action affair. He has hardly been setting Bellator alight since leaving the UFC, arguably got beaten vs Shlemenko. Was beaten by Lovato Jr. Arguably beaten by 40 year old Machida.

He beats welterweights and guys like John Salter all day, but that's a far cry from saying he'd school Adesanya. Salter is probably a top 50 UFC middleweight if he were to go there. Wouldn't even be close the getting ranked.

Well according to the Mousasi fanboys he beats prime Jones and Spider so beating Izzy should be a fucking walk in the park

Weidman is tough but Chael is a one trick pony. I doubt he'd submit Adesanya or be very successful with takedowns against the fence. I doubt he lands on Izzy on the feet as he did with Anderson either.

Weidman is longer and did have decent kickboxing. Also he was much more of a submission threat.

all i know is that he wouldn't be able to coast against Chael. Chael would force him to fight and if Adesanya didn't get him out of there early on he could win by just pure attrition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back