International Russia vs. Ukraine Combat Megathread vol.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you lack basic reading and comprehension skills but want to correct my grammar? I've literally disproved everything you've stated thus far, kid. In many ways, andecotcal, with facts, and with a plethora of sources too. It wasn't hard at all for me to do, but it seems very hard for you @hitcher , to even read, and comprehend the entireity of someone's post. If you wanted to let the entire forum know you are innately inept, this is one way to do it, buddy!
Live in million dollar home, don't work, drive nice car, shows up to the trendy protest of the week. Living the leftist dream comrade!

Holy shit, the legends were true :
Apparently the undercarriage (and the whole protection) of the BTR-80's is so bad and thin that the crews reinforce their seats with blocks of wood. I thought it was a joke..
Those poor bastards go into battle in a cardboard box.

Lol. What on earth do you think it means to be efficient and competent? Russia's economy, sphere of influence, and world standing has all declined under him. If he were an efficient leader he would not be in this position. You seem to be talking entirely about image rather than results. You're obviously one of the people who have a boner for the guy.
What's their sphere of influence? He retook Crimea, holds proxies in Ukraine, is doing joint military ops with the US and China, has a presence in Syria, is pretty much in control of Turkish foreign interests.

You live in the west and are talking about him like he's a president. He's a dictator. His image is the result. You guys can stop this "You're discussing a world leader objectively so you're gay for him stuff". I have a lot of things to say about Xi and i'd slit his throat if I got the chance. Grow up.

Russia inflation increasing, and the Ruble being worth the same as Zimbabwe money, I have adjusted the odds to 50/50, Putin makes it out this with a job. Bank runs are next.
Problem is when you build a giant ass palace, twice (mold issues forced a tear down) and worth 70 billion as a career politician, when you lose your job as the head guy, typically you lose your life soon after.

The Russian stock market was closed today to avoid further financial turmoil.

Russia's central bank has closed the country's stock market and instructed brokers to block foreign sales as losses mount

"
  • Russia's central bank closed its stock market on Monday in a bid to stem a sharp decline.
  • The central bank also instructed brokers to not execute sell orders from foreign investors.
  • Russia's ruble plunged more than 20% on Monday after devastating sanctions from Western countries. "

Russia's Central Bank Closed Its Stock Market, Blocking Foreign Sales (businessinsider.com)

Take away peoples' ability to buy food for their children and the option of "retirement" for a leader becomes more viable with every passing day.

The thread was made well before the invasion.

It was known he was a brutal authoritarian dictator with dreams of reforming the Russian empire prior to the invasion. That doesn't excuse them.

Lol. What on earth do you think it means to be efficient and competent? Russia's economy, sphere of influence, and world standing has all declined under him. If he were an efficient leader he would not be in this position. You seem to be talking entirely about image rather than results. You're obviously one of the people who have a boner for the guy.
Russia has scientist, tons of natural resources, good infrastructure, but their economy ranks behind fucking Italy. Putin is a shit leader who stole from his people.
I mean a moron running Russia could have them with a better economy than Italy.

Russia will end its operation in Ukraine when Kiev is ready for demilitarization. - Permanent Russian Representative to the UN, Nebenzia

Yeah the attacks being focused on low to non populated is something I was hearing. I don't believe its happening, I like the idea of it. You have any decent reads on what's happening please send them my way. Also

How the hell have you been brother?
Good dude! Just training a lot. Kid #2 on the way, we're pumped as hell.
What about you man?

a "Good economy" does nothing for a despot whose power derives from the general fear and unhappiness of his people.
You guys live in nice countries where we argue about hand size and suit color. You don't get it.

When he's done with this giant dickmeasuring contest, he's going to focus on Russia's economy before handing power over when he's done.

Live in million dollar home, don't work, drive nice car, shows up to the trendy protest of the week. Living the leftist dream comrade!
for reals though, but I paid for everything besides the home. Parent's don't spend a dime on me but I don't want them to, then I'd become what I despise. Living, walking and talknig example of cognitive dissonance.

This is just a hiatus in between my undergrad and graduate programs. Well, we will see in March if there any truth to that statement lol

does arming citizens with rifles and molotovs make them legitimate targets of the enemy? you can argue that there are no legitimate targets in an illegitimate invasion, but war by definition involves illegitimate invasions.
My guess is yes but it seems like the Ukrainians don't give a fuck.

Latest Feed out of Russia:
US President Joe Biden has said there is no need to worry about nuclear war.

<WhoJeff>

Russia has scientist, tons of natural resources, good infrastructure, but their economy ranks behind fucking Italy. Putin is a shit leader who stole from his people.
I mean a moron running Russia could have them with a better economy than Italy.

Not that simple, I think.

Soviet Union was really a silly place economically, so catching up to Italy etc. will actually take some smart leadership I think.

And it's impossible, since place is steered by bunch of steppe magnates who are interested in having preserving their absurd wealth.

Status
Not open for further replies.