• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

International Russia vs. Ukraine Combat Megathread vol.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, let's not miss the point.

Ukraine has only a 99.99% of actually defeating Russia in this. That's the thing, they don't have to defeat Russia. They just have to keep fighting let sanctions and world condemnation bleed Russia's treasure away.

Coupled with the sanctions, it's now a question of "How much of the Oligarch money is Putin willing to spend to take over Ukraine? How much blood?" All the Ukrainians have to do is keep on fighting.

500 men (with Russian Wagner Group mercs) attacked a U.S. force of 40 infantry.

"They tore us to pieces, put us through Hell!"

"The Yankees made their point."

500 Russian led troops got their ISH pushed in by 40 Americans.

I know know someone that was there and yeah he mentioned the value of training and supererior tech and tactics

Also random thought Richard Engel the reporter here just tweeted something very dumb about Attacking a Russian Convoy and is being rightfully dragged through the mud on Twitter because of it.

So Putin hasn't even taken control of MAURIPOL, which he has direct access to from the Black Sea? And people keep acting as if he is going to take Kiev any minute now? How in the world can people say this is going well when this is the case?

Not just your post, and sorry to use you as an example, but is this what we think nowadays? If you don't capture the capitol city in 3 days you aren't doing good in conflict?

The U.S. in Iraq x 2 has set a precedent, coupled with social media and instant notification / gratification, that does not reflect the reality of conflict, war and annexation. russia has chosen to take a path of conflict with a country that is not a roll over and tap out country. If the capitol falls in 3 months, Putin has been greatly successful. Even with casualties.

Ukraine has only a 99.99% of actually defeating Russia in this. That's the thing, they don't have to defeat Russia. They just have to keep fighting let sanctions and world condemnation bleed Russia's treasure away.

Coupled with the sanctions, it's now a question of "How much of the Oligarch money is Putin willing to spend to take over Ukraine?" All the Ukrainians have to do is keep on fighting.

...sure. Depending on how much of Ukraine he wants, and depending on what his true motive is behind this (resources, etc.). Putin is moving on the capitol within a week and people are trying to paint that as a failure.

This is a totally inaccurate way of looking at this conflict.

course it doesn’t justify. I’m only calling out the selective outrage that many people seem to have and this includes you since you are blaiming Russia of crimes the US has been doing for decades. A perfect example of this phenomenon is in your own comment up here. You put forward the argument that “Russia backed the taking of Crimea and the Donbas region”. Are you aware of how many separatist factions the US supported and armed in what were once sovereign countries? I am sure you do. But you could care less. Because Murica right?

Its hard to take anyone serious who points a finger at others while 9 point at them. Are you telling me its wrong to call out such blatant in your face hypocrisy of such people?

When will the US face sanctions for their crimes? When will the MSM cover US invasions with such agression as they are doing with Russia? When will the US be excluded from the world’s economy and banned from international sporting events? We all know this will not happen as the US considers themselves above the law. Might is right as they say. And this is exactly why every self respecting country will and should aspire to become a nuclear power in the hopes to deter away a rogue empire that is considered the world’s bully by many.

I kid you not when I say that I fear for a world where the US is the only superpower where they have zero push back. Its sad that the alternative would probably not be much better but at least its better than having one absolute superpower.
That's all beside the issue we're dealing with here. Russia has attacked Ukraine and wants to forcibly install a puppet regime. Election fraud wasn't enough so it calls for outright war.

Coupled with the sanctions, it's now a question of "How much of the Oligarch money is Putin willing to spend to take over Ukraine?" All the Ukrainians have to do is keep on fighting.

This. and everyday more eyes are watching Putin's every move. He can't carpet bomb Kiev into the ground, he will not achieve what he is trying to do IF he does this. I have no idea how this is going to end but I can tell you for 100% this isn't going how Putin thought it would.

Not just your post, and sorry to use you as an example, but is this what we think nowadays? If you don't capture the capitol city in 3 days you aren't doing good in conflict?

The U.S. in Iraq x 2 has set a precedent, coupled with social media and instant notification / gratification, that does not reflect the reality of conflict, war and annexation. russia has chosen to take a path of conflict with a country that is not a roll over and tap out country. If the capitol falls in 3 months, Putin has been greatly successful. Even with casualties.

That isn't what I said at all. I said they dont control ONE CITY, not a single one. The one I mentioned isn't the capital, its directly on the Black Sea. Russians Navy, aircraft, and army has direct access to it while being protected by the Navy on the Black Sea. And they still don't control it.

...sure. Depending on how much of Ukraine he wants, and depending on what his true motive is behind this (resources, etc.). Putin is moving on the capitol within a week and people are trying to paint that as a failure.

Like I said earlier, securing the border with the Nato countries is the bigger strategic objective since that will stop the flow of weapons and mercenaries into Ukraine from the West. That's more important than getting Kiev whatever that means. It's not like they want to destroy the city/histroric/religious buildings so just encircling it as a diversionary tactic is probably enough.

That isn't what I said at all. I said they dont control ONE CITY, not a single one. The one I mentioned isn't the capital, its directly on the Black Sea. Russians Navy, aircraft, and army has direct access to it while being protected by the Navy on the Black Sea. And they still don't control it.
Do you speak Ukranian? How different is it than Russian? Are the languages mutually intelligible?

Here's my question.

If Russia wanted all of the cities, can they not take them? Or are they trying to attain control in a measured manner because they want Ukraine to become a resource to Russia, as oppose to a wasteland? Putin could literally nuke the country and rename it Chernobyl. He's attempting an annexation with a formidable police state. He's attempting to take land but maintain the ability for the country to be useful. That isn't easy and it doesn't happen in a week.

You can take Baghdad, you can take Kabul, you can take anything you want with enough force. But what is the end game? What is the x's and o's side of things so that you don't end up with a 20 year problem?

I'm just saying. People perpetuating this "Russia is losing and or failing" façade, or at least in some posts that I seem to get that vibe... I think that is a very knee jerk thought. Russia has successfully invaded their neighbor and is slowly tightening a noose. It all depends on how much of the country they'd prefer to decimate to get the things they want. It's obvious that in their foreign policy they don't want to have 100,000 civilian casualties on their hands, as the U.S. (allegedly) had in Afghanistan, Iraq, etc.

just some incoherent thoughts

This is the Russian WAR MACHINE, and they couldn't conquer the Ukraine by now?

Every single day from this point forward as long as the Ukrainians are fighting is a win for them.

This is the Russian WAR MACHINE, and they couldn't take over the Ukraine by now?

Every single day from this point forward as long as the Ukrainians are fighting is a win for them.

It's also the Russian war machine taking land and resources from their own ethnic people as well as their neighboring country that they HAVE to do as amicably as a war can be traversed. As much as everyone wants to make it so, this isn't the raping and pillaging that we've seen such as the Japanese of WWII, and it's obvious that isn't Putin's intent. It wouldn't even make sense.

Do you speak Ukranian? How different is it than Russian? Are the languages mutually intelligible?

You wouldn't be able to tell the difference hearing them spoke at the same time if you had no idea who was speaking. Certain key words you can tell or atleast I can. As well as accents, Russians have harder accents in my experience. I could mabe ask where the bathroom or beer is if I was dropped in Ukraine. I could cuss anyone I wanted though lol.

Here's my question.

If Russia wanted all of the cities, can they not take them? Or are they trying to attain control in a measured manner because they want Ukraine to become a resource to Russia, as oppose to a wasteland? Putin could literally nuke the country and rename it Chernobyl. He's attempting an annexation with a formidable police state. He's attempting to take land but maintain the ability for the country to be useful. That isn't easy and it doesn't happen in a week.

You can take Baghdad, you can take Kabul, you can take anything you want with enough force. But what is the end game? What is the x's and o's side of things so that you don't end up with a 20 year problem?

I'm just saying. People perpetuating this "Russia is losing and or failing" façade, or at least in some posts that I seem to get that vibe... I think that is a very knee jerk thought. Russia has successfully invaded their neighbor and is slowly tightening a noose. It all depends on how much of the country they'd prefer to decimate to get the things they want. It's obvious that in their foreign policy they don't want to have 100,000 civilian casualties on their hands, as the U.S. (allegedly) had in Afghanistan, Iraq, etc.

just some incoherent thoughts

Mairupol is a key city for him to hold and 99% of the civilians left it days ago, so yes I would think that they could take this over no problem and trust me they are obviously working on it. Kharkiv is one of the "pro russian" Cities and they have zero control over it as well. I never said they are LOSING, I said it isn't going to plan at all for them. They planned on Ukraine rolling over like a dog and them instantly taking Kiev over with special ops(which they tried and failed)

When will the MSM cover US invasions with such aggression as they are doing with Russia? We all know this will not happen as the US considers themselves above the law. Might is right as they say.

And this is exactly why every self respecting country will and should aspire to become a nuclear power in the hopes to deter away a rogue empire that is considered the world’s bully by many.

I kid you not when I say that I fear for a world where the US is the only superpower where they have zero push back. Its sad that the alternative would probably not be much better but at least its better than having one absolute superpower.
I would not lose much sleep over it buddy. We (the US) have not won a war since 1945. Might does not always get it right!

another short point, this is NOT Iraq or Afghanistan 20 years ago when we didn't have IG, twitter, tik tok, etc. showing us the war live.

This is literally Russia's neighbor and I'd call it a "cousin country." Putin cannot afford atrocity with this global scrutiny. You cannot capitulate a population and country through brute force in this circumstance. The current civilian death can be measured in the dozens or maybe hundreds. Maybe. I guarantee you the U.S. did that within an hour of the middle eastern wars because it was thousands of miles away and not everyone had an HD iphone in their hand. Even if what Russia is doing is "wrong," if they take over what they want out of Ukraine in a measured manner, the world will not do anything to seriously harm Russia. They won't even stop buying their oil.

It's also the Russian war machine taking land and resources from their own ethnic people as well as their neighboring country that they HAVE to do as amicably as a war can be traversed. As much as everyone wants to make it so, this isn't the raping and pillaging that we've seen such as the Japanese of WWII, and it's obvious that isn't Putin's intent. It wouldn't even make sense.

That's why this is a no-win situation for Putin. All the Ukrainians have to do is fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back