News Singapore’s government currently banning Russian athletes from competing on ONE events

TorontoTO

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Translation:

Friends, after all Russian sports, it is especially sad to see the Paralympic Games in this list, the bans have also affected the world of martial arts. Our athletes have already received visas, the necessary list of documents for entry into Singapore. We also received confirmation of the battles in advance. We actively trained, after which we flew to the competition site, settled in, spent the night for a day. The following afternoon, the government banned ONE Championship from allowing Russian fighters to attend the March 11 event. This, of course, violates the well-known principle "Sport is out of politics."

This is getting fucking ridiculous. Red Scare 2.0 and if this was happening to people who were from China, Middle East, etc. people would be crying about racism or discrimination, even tho many off the Russian athletes are Asiatic, Muslim, etc.

Can't wait until they start banning Russian people from all levels off society in the West.

This is getting fucking ridiculous. Red Scare 2.0 and if this was happening to people who were from China, Middle East, etc. people would be crying about racism or discrimination, even tho many off the Russian athletes are Asiatic, Muslim, etc.

Can't wait until they start banning Russian people from all levels off society in the West.

I agree. Does not seem to do anything positive to me. Please leave sports alone.

Sad, it all seems to be a wasted effort, I mean can these athletes get their country to call a cease fire? It seems to be aimed at getting the world more aware of the situation.

because like everything else, it's the height of hipocracy virtue signalling towing the line bullshit. The "western" elite gives the signal, and you better obey and follow.

Why nobody banned USA fighters when they went to multiple wars?

The USA isn't innocent but even making a comparison to what's going on in Ukraine shows your ignorance

my family is Ukrainian and we consider ourselves Russian because my grandparents emigrated the US 70 years before the fall of the USSR.

in most peoples minds the Ukraine is Russia. the state media organs have done a wonderful job trying to convince people that it isn't, because all of the wealthy politicians in the US use the Ukraine for money laundering and bioweapons testing.

it's one massive coverup. i'm not saying what Putin is doing is right, but he was goaded into this war by the intelligence agencies.

Make them wear red/white costume and reintroduce them as polish. Problem solved.

I for one am shocked—SHOCKED I TELL YOU!—that invading a sovereign nation could have societal consequences! How could Russia ever have expected that it would recieve blowback from this?

I also like how the message never mentioned why they were banned.

Last edited:
This is getting fucking ridiculous. Red Scare 2.0 and if this was happening to people who were from China, Middle East, etc. people would be crying about racism or discrimination

I mean... Arabs and Muslims have been getting banned from sports for refusing to face/compeate in Israel over Palestine for a long time now. (Which is total bullshit for the record).

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/sep/14/algerian-judoka-gets-10-year-ban-for-refusing-to-face-israeli-at-olympics#:~:text=5 months old-,Algerian judoka gets 10-year ban for,to face Israeli at Olympics&text=The Algerian judoka Fethi Nourine,bout against an Israeli opponent.

EDIT: Just for clarification, sometimes these refusals are enforced by their natal countries sport-policies and not individual athleats decisions themselves.

Last edited:
my family is Ukrainian and we consider ourselves Russian because my grandparents emigrated the US 70 years before the fall of the USSR.

in most peoples minds the Ukraine is Russia. the state media organs have done a wonderful job trying to convince people that it isn't, because all of the wealthy politicians in the US use the Ukraine for money laundering and bioweapons testing.

it's one massive coverup. i'm not saying what Putin is doing is right, but he was goaded into this war by the intelligence agencies.
“Most people” being who? Pretty sure there’s a whole generation of Ukrainians who grew up in an independent nation who don’t consider themselves Russian.

Africa and Muslims are not banning Russia

Someone with common sense, my fathers Russian and he said exactly the same, practically USA/nato using Ukraine to fight the Russians n make the Russians out to be the bad guy. , I'm not justifying what is going on but it's obvious people aren't getting the full story.

Someone with common sense, my fathers Russian and he said exactly the same, practically USA/nato using Ukraine to fight the Russians n make the Russians out to be the bad guy. , I'm not justifying what is going on but it's obvious people aren't getting the full story.

people can have a balanced perspective on this and still conclude that what Russia (Putin) is doing is both wrong and immoral.

Back