• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Russia/Ukraine Megathread V5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putin declared the Ukrainian government a 'junta' and said it's orders were criminal and should not be followed when he announced the 'special military operation' that was on fact an invasion.

We can only pretend it's not aimed at regime change if we're still pretending there's no invasion

So... no source? For the love of.......

Putins goals being the same at the beginning of this shit show...

You all disagree... cool... source me something for the love off....

I have no qualms at all admitting when I'm wrong.

Why do you think Putin is Pinocchio? That he is incapable of telling lies? What comes from the mouths of the Kremlin should not be given any weight. Look at their actions son. Their actions reveal the truth.

Even going by Putin's words, he specifically said the government was dominated by neo Nazis, and he was going there to "denazify". The hoops you're jumping through here to pretend like the goal wasn't a quick decapitation of leadership are numerous. Of course that was the goal. They're going to denazify and demilitarize but will leave zelensky in charge? C'mon man.

So... no source? For the love of.......

What do you mean no source.

The source is Putin's announcement of the special military operation

What possible source could you want in addition?

Or by 'no source' do you mean 'no link', lol, but why do you need a link to something that was shared all over the media?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/2/24/putins-speech-declaring-war-on-ukraine-translated-excerpts

'You took an oath of allegiance to the Ukrainian people, and not to the anti-national junta that plunders Ukraine and abuses its people.
Don’t follow its criminal orders. I urge you to lay down your weapons immediately and go home. I want to make clear that all servicemen of the Ukrainian army who do so will be able to freely leave the combat zone and return to their families.

https://tass.com/politics/1409229

Why do you think Putin is Pinocchio? That he is incapable of telling lies? What comes from the mouths of the Kremlin should not be given any weight. Look at their actions son. Their actions reveal the truth.

Even going by Putin's words, he specifically said the government was dominated by neo Nazis, and he was going there to "denazify". The hoops you're jumping through here to pretend like the goal wasn't a quick decapitation of leadership are numerous. Of course that was the goal. They're going to denazify and demilitarize but will leave zelensky in charge? C'mon man.

Oh for fucks sake.... so there's no sources?

This is ridiculous. You're claiming his goals changed. As far as I saw in the negotiations he had the exact same goals as he did at the beginning.. it really shouldn't be hard to source it.

You took an oath of allegiance to the Ukrainian people, and not to the anti-national junta that plunders Ukraine and abuses its people.
Don’t follow its criminal orders. I urge you to lay down your weapons immediately and go home. I want to make clear that all servicemen of the Ukrainian army who do so will be able to freely leave the combat zone and return to their families.

So basically he said the same that Ukraine said In regards to Russian soldiers?

That's your " his stated goal at the beginning was a regime Change ".? That?

Because that's literally how every negotiation goes ever. Who the hell starts a negotiation with the worst deal they're willing to accept?

Still haven't seen any reduced demands......

This is ridiculous. You're claiming his goals changed. As far as I saw in the negotiations he had the exact same goals as he did at the beginning.. it really shouldn't be hard to source it.

So... If the military surrender to the Russian army... And they all go home... What do YOU think happens next with the Russian army headed for an undefended Kyiv?

I legit wanna see how you're joining the dots STILL even though we went through all this last week.

So... If the military surrender to the Russian army... And they all go home... What do YOU think happens next with the Russian army headed for an undefended Kyiv?

I legit wanna see how you're joining the dots STILL even though we went through all this last week.

Lol like when you left after I quoted their stated goals? That haven't changed?

Cute

Lol like when you left after I quoted their stated goals? That haven't changed?

Cute

Left what?

I don't know what you're talking about.

Putin stated the Ukrainian government was a junta, was illegal, and their orders should be ignored.

What do you think happens if all of that is accepted by the Ukrainian people, like Putin thought it would be in his invasion?

Its not ww2 tho and they cant be functional keep going like this. You cant just send randos into ukraine, let them die and expect it can shrugged off by the people.
I agree thanks to technology and many people knowing what a slimeball Putin is it will have a lasting effect on Russian's thinking about this war.

Bruh your "source" on everything appears to what Putin and the Kremlin tell you via propaganda... You're really in no position to be asking for reliable sources for anything... Regardless, it's pointed out to you now by another poster where and when the declaration that the Ukrainian government was not considered legitimate in their eyes was made.

Demilitarization + denazification of illegitimate nazi infested regime = regime change. It's not rocket science. You're just being willfully ignorant at this point me thinks.

Still haven't seen any reduced demands......
They didn't make the demand of taking over the country. What I've suspected since the beginning was invading the entire country was to make giving up the Donbas region and signing neutrality a "win" for Ukraine saving the capital and the rest of their country while giving Russia what they initially wanted. It's been way sloppier than they planned though.

Because that's literally how every negotiation goes ever. Who the hell starts a negotiation with the worst deal they're willing to accept?
That’s also what happens to someone in a precarious situation who doesn’t want to lose it all, like when you want to sell something but nobody is interested at the current price.

They didn't make the demand of taking over the country. What I've suspected since the beginning was invading the entire country was to make giving up the Donbas region and signing neutrality a "win" for Ukraine saving the capital and the rest of their country while giving Russia what they initially wanted. It's been way sloppier than they planned though.

Maybe. But plenty of intelligence analysts predicted that Russia would invade and launch a full scale attack on Kyiv as part of a bid to install a new regime, while isolating Ukrainian forces in Donetsk and Luhansk because that is where the Ukrainians were best armed and most experienced.

I see your narrative, but I think it started out as the other way round; Kyiv was the real focus, putting in a puppet government, while the strongest of the Ukrainian military was kept occupied.

It wasn't realistic to simply launch an all out attack on Kyiv.

I literally only lasted 2 seconds into that video due to cringe. Can someone please explain what’s going on in that video?
You lasted 2? I busted in 1!! Amazing rap! Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.