Russia/Ukraine Megathread V5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking hell... that makes it far more messy

Humans are the savages.. doesn't matter what flag their under
I don't believe that Russian troll for a second--saw it on reddit indeed lol.

Reactions: lsa
100 Switchblades sounded like a small number.

First confirmed TB2 loss.

FOCq_sDX0AAZ1RH

haven't seen his recent demands. What are they now ? Source please

Never seen that list of demands. Mind giving the source?
They are in this thread. I'll see if I can find them.

Here you go, Russia are asking for neutrality, saying they are close on a deal.

The negotiations have resumed a day after Russia's foreign minister Sergei Lavrov said neutral status for Ukraine was being "seriously discussed".
He added: "There are absolutely specific wordings which in my view are close to agreement."
The Kremlin separately said the idea of creating a demilitarised Ukraine like Austria could be seen as a compromise to bring about the end of the war.
Austria has its own military but is bound to neutrality by the 1955 Austrian State Treaty and its constitution, which prohibits entry into military alliances and the establishment of foreign military bases on Austrian territory.
Under a similar arrangement, it is likely Ukraine would be unable to join NATO.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-...enskyy-peace-talks-nato-live-updates-12541713

Last edited:
They are in this thread. I'll see if I can find them.

Here you go, Russia are asking for neutrality, saying they are close on a deal.

The negotiations have resumed a day after Russia's foreign minister Sergei Lavrov said neutral status for Ukraine was being "seriously discussed".
He added: "There are absolutely specific wordings which in my view are close to agreement."
The Kremlin separately said the idea of creating a demilitarised Ukraine like Austria could be seen as a compromise to bring about the end of the war.
Austria has its own military but is bound to neutrality by the 1955 Austrian State Treaty and its constitution, which prohibits entry into military alliances and the establishment of foreign military bases on Austrian territory.
Under a similar arrangement, it is likely Ukraine would be unable to join NATO.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-...enskyy-peace-talks-nato-live-updates-12541713

Cheers mate. I don't see the changes on a quick perusal but I'll have a gander . Thanks

Because that's literally how every negotiation goes ever. Who the hell starts a negotiation with the worst deal they're willing to accept?
You are being overly simplistic on purpose with no regard to timescale, why has he reduced his demands so quickly.
LOL Then why use a massive show of force, humiliate your militarily in the full public of eye of the word, cripple your country with sanctions, lose lucrative energy deals that would have given you massive influence and money coming in from Europe, scare off all foreign investors for decades, scare other previously neutral European countries into joining NATO and make yourself an international pariah? We are only on day 21 of the invasion, the speed with which he's dropping demands is a big indication that he has a weak hand.

Lol they were not the biggest and certainly not the most powerful. They had no way to effectively stop the air threat and all their tanks were completely outmatched by American ones. The Americans were able to see and hit iraqi tanks before Iraqis could even see them. American bradleys with TOW missiles were a threat to iraqi tanks. Anyone who thinks Iraqi military was something vs American or any major 1st world military is delusional. They didnt even have the best soviet tank models. They had shitty export versions that lacked essential modern upgrades.

Just look at this turkey shoot:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_73_Easting

The ukrainian army is waaay better than the gulf war iraqi army. In the short term with Ukraine having similar equipment and some more advanced equipment and similar to better training than Russians and fighting defensively, this is a war between much more closely matched opponents. Its akin to if Texas broke away, kept all its military hardware and the US had to invade and the whole world was giving them weapons. Also if Insurgents in Iraq had the assistance that NATO is providing Ulraine, US would have had waaay higher casualties. Battles like Fallujah would have caused US enormous casualties if the insurgents had ATGMs like Javelin, NLAW and MANPADs like stingers.
As much I hate to admit it, you’re right about your hypothetical on if the insurgents in Iraq were armed as well as the Ukrainians. However, the US Miliatry would destroy Russia in a conventional war. America > Russia

You are being overly simplistic on purpose with no regard to timescale, why has he reduced his demands so quickly.
LOL Then why use a massive show of force, humiliate your militarily in the full public of eye of the word, cripple your country with sanctions, lose lucrative energy deals that would have given you massive influence and money coming in from Europe, scare off all foreign investors for decades, scare other previously neutral European countries into joining NATO and make yourself an international pariah? We are only on day 21 of the invasion, the speed with which he's dropping demands is a big indication that he has a weak hand.

The neutrality was a original demand mate...

Damn, who would've thought that bombing a country unprovoked and killing its civilians would bring out the more radical unsavory elements of society into the limelight and stoke nationalism. It really doesn't muddy the waters at all. If the US was attacked, then I'd probably fight shoulder to shoulder with some racist skinheads or whatever, because it's better than being killed and conquered by some foreign power, and we all know for a fact that there are plenty of those in the country. Just because there's some racists around, it doesn't mean that the US needs a foreign power to bomb its major cities, kill people indiscriminately and annex its territories. This is an idiotic argument.

It's a bullshit excuse, because the reason he's going there is fear of NATO cutting off his and his friends' influence in the region, and delirious dreams of rebuilding something akin to what the USSR was. He's said as much several times. The social problems of the Ukrainians are an issue that they themselves will have to deal with, like anyone else, and they should be free to ask for assistance if needed by normal diplomatic channels. None of that has to do with what happened now.

Basically, this^^

Let's say the US was invaded by a future super powered China, the KKK factions wouldn't be turned away if they were the fiercest fighters on the front line. How do we know this? Because that is what happened in WW2.

That doesn't make their racism any better, but war isn't pretty.

But I have to laugh at the unwavering principle of "all nazis are evil" until they're our nazis. Speaks volumes.

Nazis built NASA, and put a man on the moon. They worked side by side with jewish and black engineers and scientists. By all accounts, Jesse Owens was treated better by the Nazi Germany than his own countrymen. History is more grey than it is black and white.

Granted, Nazi ideology falls more to the darker side of history. But whilst Nazis were genociding jews and gypsies, the Brits were segregating Catholics, the Americans were systematically abusing blacks, the Canadians and Australians were ethnically cleansing their own indigenous populations. Yet we still honour the greatest generation (whom almost all were racist), and unofficially cannonize people like Churchill and Eisenhower.

As much I hate to admit it, you’re right about your hypothetical on if the insurgents in Iraq were armed as well as the Ukrainians. However, the US Miliatry would destroy Russia in a conventional war. America > Russia
US face Insurgents armed with stingers during the first golf war but early on General Powell decided to carpet bomb the area in the desert vs a very wooded populated area in Ukraine. They where able to hammer the Iranqi's in Kuwait without needed to fly in with helicopters or jets and the A-10 armor was better designed to take damage then the Russian jets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.