• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Do you remember Nam Phan? He's dealing with some bad CTE right now

No that's Andy Wang
{<BJPeen}

b5NSF4C.gif

Thank god his last fight was in 2017.

Yeah...Nam has been that way for a while. Slurring his speech and not saying much when you can understand him. It's unfortunate. He never got KOd too much or badly because he could take it. That's why it's worse IMO. I think those who take one and go out are better off than those who keep going.

Sad reality of the sport. Remember watching him vs hettes in the lesnar v reem card, one of the first full events I watched

In the second video he's just finished running a lot and he's driving. Taking this into consideration, he still seems pretty aware and able to make a mostly coherent speech (english is not his native language, is it?).

What is obvious is that his voice sounds as if he had a cold, it's Mike-Tyson-esque. Is that a sign of CTE?

EDIT: just watched some of his other videos and read that he was born and raised in the US. Yeah... something might be going on there...

This gets posted like every month, also really not that different, he just doesn't enunciate well
And you're whining on here every day. Do you enjoy being contrarian/always wrong? His voice sounds very different, and for anyone who actually saw his frequent screen time and interviews back in the day, his speech is slower, more slurred, more stuttering and filler-words . . . it's bad.

Not to stir the pot.
But calling this cte... has that been diagnosed?

I sound like that when I get cotton mouth, lose my voice the day before or am trying to catch my breath after running 10 miles.

IDK man.
It could be CTE too but we know he just ran 10 miles.

That does sound bad but he’s fucking sprinting in the most recent video. Still sounds bad though.

okay never mind it’s bad

Not to stir the pot.
But calling this cte... has that been diagnosed?

I sound like that when I get cotton mouth, lose my voice the day before or am trying to catch my breath after running 10 miles.

IDK man.
It could be CTE too but we know he just ran 10 miles.
I'm telling you that it's CTE. It's pretty obvious.
Don't question me because questioning me is questioning science. I am an internet 'Bro-scientist'.

Someone brought this up a couple years back and yeah it was bad. Nam was beaten down a lot. I remember a lot of 10-8 rounds he was in the wrong end of. IIRC every round of the Siver fight he lost 10-8 just eating GNP punches and elbows for basically 15 minutes straight.

Someone brought this up a couple years back and yeah it was bad. Nam was beaten down a lot. I remember a lot of 10-8 rounds he was in the wrong end of. IIRC every round of the Siver fight he lost 10-8 just eating GNP punches and elbows for basically 15 minutes straight.
Came here to say something similar. It's often the toughest and most durable guys who diminish mentally this quickly.

And you're whining on here every day. Do you enjoy being contrarian/always wrong? His voice sounds very different, and for anyone who actually saw his frequent screen time and interviews back in the day, his speech is slower, more slurred, more stuttering and filler-words . . . it's bad.
He is slurring badly in the first vid in the OP.

Also Google or do a sherdog search of nam phan speech it's literally been posted like 10 times in the last year alone.

Also what other symptoms does he have that it's CTE? For as much as people cry about him has he ever addressed it himself or maybe sherdog is full of neurologists and know there's nothing else going on.

Last edited:
JESUS he is still doing Dojo challenges!!!????

I have heard that this dude does this heated challenges and takes lots of damage+ Karyn Bryant told him to keep his hands up in the OP interview from 9 years ago + he is also a professional boxer with a record of 3-8-1.

That and Sevak mentioned that he goes hard in sparring when its supposed to be light. Basically this dude lives for gym fights and he gets in to brawls instead of using solid striking counters and techniques.

we've seen videos of him like this for at least the past 3 years.

he actually sounds better in this video than ones ive seen in the past.

wonder if maybe he just has some weird sinus/nasal thing going on like some permanent damage that is effecting the way his voice sounds. lol.

He is slurring badly in the first vid in the OP.

Also Google or do a sherdog search of nam phan speech it's literally been posted like 10 times in the last year alone.

Also what other symptoms does he have that it's CTE? For as much as people cry about him has he ever addressed it himself or maybe sherdog is full of neurologists and know there's nothing else going on.
"or maybe Sherdog is full of neurologist"
200.gif

Back