• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Do you remember Nam Phan? He's dealing with some bad CTE right now

I watched the whole video, he was pretty articulate, even though it sounded a little weird. He always had kind of funny speech, probably due to his teeth. This isn't proof of shit, he coulda burned his tongue on his morning coffee for all you know lol. His train of thought and the way he articulated the story was fine.

Hopefully the dude is doing alright despite the speech.

On a side note and connection to Andy Wang, (don’t remember where I heard if from, but it was with an interview with Nam himself) I believe Nam was supposed to appear on TUF 5 but gave up his spot to Andy Wang instead because he had other obligations or something. Just thought it was a fun tidbit.

I watched the whole video, he was pretty articulate, even though it sounded a little weird. He always had kind of funny speech, probably due to his teeth. This isn't proof of shit, he coulda burned his tongue on his morning coffee for all you know lol. His train of thought and the way he articulated the story was fine.
Go to his channel and watch his other recent videos. Did he burn his tongue before every video he recorded, for the last 6 months?

Hopefully the dude is doing alright despite the speech.

On a side note and connection to Andy Wang, (don’t remember where I heard if from, but it was with an interview with Nam himself) I believe Nam was supposed to appear on TUF 5 but gave up his spot to Andy Wang instead because he had other obligations or something. Just thought it was a fun tidbit.
Andy Wang should have CTE instead.

He has been that way for several years now.

There is no question he has severe CTE,and anyone who thinks otherwise,well,stop being delusional.

Lol at people not acknowledging how different he sounds. I think it's fair to say we can't necessarily diagnose him but it's pretty obvious his speech has changed significantly and it's just really weird people are trying to come up with reasons that don't really make too much sense lol.

Damn, such a nice guy too. Scary stuff

In the second video he's just finished running a lot and he's driving. Taking this into consideration, he still seems pretty aware and able to make a mostly coherent speech (english is not his native language, is it?).

What is obvious is that his voice sounds as if he had a cold, it's Mike-Tyson-esque. Is that a sign of CTE?

EDIT: just watched some of his other videos and read that he was born and raised in the US. Yeah... something might be going on there...
Exactly, the vibe from the 2nd video its like he might not be an english native...then you watch him 9 years ago.

Lol at people not acknowledging how different he sounds. I think it's fair to say we can't necessarily diagnose him but it's pretty obvious his speech has changed significantly and it's just really weird people are trying to come up with reasons that don't really make too much sense lol.
yeah I dont know why they are doin that. I think people are just so cynical these days they just become contrarian to anything obvious

Here he is speaking without being winded from a run:

dude is suffering badly. Needs to be diagnosed.

Back