• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Colby vs Khamzat - Your prediction for this fight?

Who wins this fight?

• Total voters
After the Burns fight, I think Colby is a horrible match-up for him. Colby has a great chin, and if Khamzat didn't finish Burns, I don't see him finishing Colby. Colby just needs to survive the first round, then Khamzat will tire. He didn't show great cardio against Burns, and without elite conditioning, Colby will have a field day. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a kickboxing match, and if so, I'd favour Colby. Khamzat's striking defence looked pretty bad, and although Colby isn't going to knock him out, he's going to throw from start to finish, there will be no breaks. Khamzat will tire and lose a decision.

I would be surprised if Colby would fight Burns or Chimaev, who are both bad matchups for him

Lol Chimaev literally has a punchers chance, doesn't have the Cardio to out wrestle him, doesn't have the skill to maintain top control, and technically is the inferior striker.

Same for Burns.

After seeing last nights fight I've come to the conclusion that Khamzat does not have good cardio, he was fighting like he was drunk by the 3rd round. Colby will out-cardio him and decision or finish him, Usman would do worse as he can punch harder than Colby.
His cardio is fine, he just doesn't have the experience to pace himself yet. Dude totally marked out for the crowd and went head hunting. Which, of course, lead to a FOTY contender, so I'm not complaining, but not smart, he could've played it more effectively.

But Colby is a weird match up cause Colby doesn't have Gilbert's power. So what is there for him offensively? Takedowns? He's not taking Zat down. And some of the shots Gilbert ate - if it was a 5 round marathon, Colby might catch something bad in that half an hour.

I would like to see it and I agree Colby's an elite test, but I'm kinda still leaning 60/40 that Zat wins.

Colbys Pace will tire him out after round 1. He will then just get pieced up for the next four rounds.

Colby has limitless energy and if Khamzat doesn't improve his cardio dramatically he will get worked over bad

The hype train stays on the tracks until the people's champion derails it
Based on one fight? So many factors for him somewhat gassing that could be addressed before his next fight. Anxiety, Ramadan, not following the game plan

Lol Chimaev literally has a punchers chance, doesn't have the Cardio to out wrestle him, doesn't have the skill to maintain top control, and technically is the inferior striker.

Same for Burns.
3 national titles and beat the joker. Had one bad fight and he sucks....

Same for Burns.
Burns subs or knocks out Colby and Colbys pillow hands won't do anything to Borz

Lol Colby's 3 NCAA titles > Swedish national champion.....

And Cumshot doesn't even have the Cardio to wrestling, the guy has one load for the night and then he's done.

Also, Burns out struck Cumshot, Usman out struck Burns 2-1, the idea that Cumshot is the superior striker after being dropped several times by an inferior striker is comical.

Do you even watch cumshot fight??
That's adorable, Colby. No sweetie, Chimaev's wrestling credentials are a hell of a lot more impressive if you know anything about wrestling. USians aren't that well-versed in places outside of 'Murica, as the rest of the world knows.

Lol what?? Colbys biggest strength is his high pace/pressure, not his wrestling.

Colbys strength is also Cumshots biggest weakness.

Khamzat couldn't even out wrestle Burns, who he had a big size advantage on, lol what makes you he'll be able to out wrestle an actual wrestler.

Lol u guys still living in dream land.
You're really trying hard here, it's adorable. Looking forward to seeing Chimaev beating Cobbie.

3 national titles and beat the joker. Had one bad fight and he sucks....

Lol yea from a country who hasn't medaled in decades.....

And showed a lot of holes in his game, Burns is not a high level striker, and he out struck Chimaev, and knocked him down several times.

Burns isn't a high level wrestler, not only was able to nullify his wrestling, but was able to get to his feet with ease.

I don't know what about that fight was supposed to be impressive.

His wrestling under performed.

Top control was non existent

And his striking was mediocre with horrible striking defense.

Ontop of that, his cardio sucks.

After seeing last nights fight I've come to the conclusion that Khamzat does not have good cardio, he was fighting like he was drunk by the 3rd round. Colby will out-cardio him and decision or finish him, Usman would do worse as he can punch harder than Colby.
Burns gassed earlier though. He was wobbly as early as round 2. Both were tired by the end though.

Burns subs or knocks out Colby and Colbys pillow hands won't do anything to Borz

Lol OK, and if he doesn't land a hail Mary punch or a hail Mary submission, he gets easily grinding out for 5 rounds.

Usman and Colby are very similar skill wise, Usman ran through Burns with ease.

But now he's going to turn into this high level striker and out strike Colby??? Lol keep dreaming

Burns gassed earlier though. He was wobbly as early as round 2. Both were tired by the end though.

?? Round 2 was Burns dominating Khamzat, dropping him twice, cardio isn't measured by breathing, but by output and technique.

Khamzat was swinging wild punches by round 2 with horrible form that got him easily countered and dropped several times.

Also Usman finished Burns in the 3rd, so it's not like Burns cardio is a good metric for Usman and Colby.

Lol OK, and if he doesn't land a hail Mary punch or a hail Mary submission, he gets easily grinding out for 5 rounds.

Usman and Colby are very similar skill wise, Usman ran through Burns with ease.

But now he's going to turn into this high level striker and out strike Colby??? Lol keep dreaming
If Warley Alves can sub Colby imagine what Burns would do. There's a reason Usman avoided the ground with him, and Colby has pillow hands unlike Usman he isn't hurting Burns

?? Round 2 was Burns dominating Khamzat, dropping him twice, cardio isn't measured by breathing, but by output and technique.

Khamzat was swinging wild punches by round 2 with horrible form that got him easily countered and dropped several times.
Burns fought better and handled being tired better but he was indeed more tired.

I think Colby won't want this fight at all, but Khamzat would still take it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsalaanx
Back