Colby vs Khamzat - Your prediction for this fight?

Who wins this fight?

• Total voters
If Warley Alves can sub Colby imagine what Burns would do. There's a reason Usman avoided the ground with him, and Colby has pillow hands unlike Usman he isn't hurting Burns

If Maia couldn't sub Colby, imagine how easy Colby will find Burns...

This division is weird. Colby beats everyone but loses to Usman. Says a lot about how good Usman is.
Maybe. Colby hasn’t really been fighting contenders in years though so it’s hard to know how he really stacks up against the next 5 under him in the rankings today

I think Colby won't want this fight at all, but Khamzat would still take it.

Honestly I don't want Colby to take it, for the point that I don't want to see Colby vs Usman 3, Usman needs variety in opponents.

That being said, this is the most marketable fight in the division, more so than Usman vs Khamzat.

Khamzat would fucking give him the ass whooping of his life time. Wow, it will be crazy if it's deemed a close fight, Covington is winning this poll, holy

Not a prediction. It's a spoiler.

The fight doesn't happen

Colby stsnd up has improved ALOT . I see Khaz blowing hos tank on Take downs the 1st rd then Colby picking him apart after that for 5 rds.

It makes perfect sense when you consider the experience difference between the two. Though I'm not super confident on my premise.

Flat footedness, swinging looping punches, are signs of a tired fighters.

Deep breathing is a sign a fighter is trying to catch his breath more efficiently, but Burns was more mobile and had the crisper punches.

By the 3rd they were both tired, and Burns was throwing hay makers from left field, that were staggering Khamzat because has less lateral movement and head movement than a train.

I think Khamzat wins. I don't think Khamzat vs Burns tells us much about what Khamzat vs Colby will look like though as Colby and Burns are very different fighters. Burns hits very hard and has a very dangerous submission game. Colby doesn't hit very hard but is known for his cardio and wrestling and isn't known to have a high level sub game.

Not so sure Colby is going to sign up for this fight. Just like he won't against burns.

If I had to put money on it, he will seek out that poirier fight big time.

Colby wouldn't be able to damage Khamzat like Burns did. He doesn't hit hard enough. He got hurt by Usman and Jorge. How would Colby go about getting down and keeping down someone who is physically bigger and has the high level wrestling/grappling of Khamzat? Khamzat can hurt Colby, but the same cannot be said for Colby.

Burns has way bigger power than Colby, and that is what kept Khamzat honest in the exchanges.

Wrestling will be interesting.

This, I think a lot of people are going to use the Burns fight and try to draw conclusions about how Khamzat would do against Colby but IMO that doesn't work cause of Burns having big punching power and a very dangerous submission game and Colby not having either of those and instead being known for his wrestling and cardio. Colby might not be able to push that pace when he feels Khamzat's power.

I think it's a very interesting match up.

Colby wouldn't be able to damage Khamzat like Burns did. He doesn't hit hard enough. He got hurt by Usman and Jorge. How would Colby go about getting down and keeping down someone who is physically bigger and has the high level wrestling/grappling of Khamzat? Khamzat can hurt Colby, but the same cannot be said for Colby.

Khamzat does not have high level grappling, only TD's, but his top control was mediocre. He's no Khabib.

Colby is technically the superior striker, Khamzat can barely go 3 rounds in a fight that he's dictating the pace.

If Khamzat doesn't get the early finish, Colby will dominate him.

Man I just hate it when BBJ enthusiasts can't see the faults in their arguments. Colby is a wrestler, a way better one than Burns. Just because a wrestler has success and does not get submitted by a BJJ guy while controlling him does not mean he will have success against another wrestler. Did you see their grappling exchanges? Sure take away the submission threat if Colby is on his back, wow ok big whoop. Now take into account it will be that much harder to stuff Colby's takedown, it will be that much harder to take Colby down, It will be that much harder to hold position against Colby, it will be that much harder and intense with the sheer volume of wrestling scrambles he would have to endure, it will be that much harder to hang on to Colby and get a breath... I can go on and on and on. Seriously thats the problem I always see with a lot of BJJ guys, the mentality is just too passive and not aggressive enough, some submission threat from the bottom is not the end be all.
Bjj fighters thrive off their backs, and especially in the scramble. That makes them a whole different type of dangerous. Why else do you think a wrestler not well versed in submission game has zero chance against an established bjj artist in pure submission grappling? When the rules change, the game also changes; the prolonged submission game is where a pure wrestler has very few options, nevermind when theres no time limits or standups. Without this threat there's very little Colby can offer. Borz is a better wrestler, has better standup, and probably better submissions too. Colbys advantage is cardio, but will that hold up when a superior wrestler is ragdolling him?

Flat footedness, swinging looping punches, are signs of a tired fighters.

Deep breathing is a sign a fighter is trying to catch his breath more efficiently, but Burns was more mobile and had the crisper punches.

By the 3rd they were both tired, and Burns was throwing hay makers from left field, that were staggering Khamzat because has less lateral movement and head movement than a train.
Like I said, it wasn't the deep breathing. It was lack of balance and being wobbly on Burns' part. Watch that 2nd round again. You'll see it. And it was more obvious in the 3rd. You're right that Khamzat was eating the shots. That was him being reckless and showing poor defense rather than being too tired to defend himself. If Burns had better cardio or Khamzat's was worse(they both showed great cardio imo) then Burns wins that fight.

Colby has bitch mittens, and nobody is scared of bitch mittens.

Like I said, it wasn't the deep breathing. It was lack of balance and being wobbly on Burns' part. Watch that 2nd round again. You'll see it. And it was more obvious in the 3rd. You're right that Khamzat was eating the shots. That was him being reckless and showing poor defense rather than being too tired to defend himself. If Burns had better cardio or Khamzat's was worse(they both showed great cardio imo) then Burns wins that fight.

They both showed great cardio???? Lol yea if they were Heavy weights.

In a division with Colby and the CEO of EPO, they showed inadequate cardio that won't hold up.

There's no way you watched that fight last night, and think either will win a 5 round decision over Usman or Colby.

Or that either of those were technically superior to either Colby or Usman.

This is why you'll only see " he will KO or Sub Colby " because if they don't get the hail Mary finish, they will be grinded out and dominated in the later rounds.

Back