Silva vs Weidman... still can't believe it

I picked Weidman over Silva both times, so it wasn’t a shock to me.

The biggest shock was how short Chris’s prime was. It was Ninja Rua-esque in how quickly it happened. But that’s the way it goes. Some fighters just get old overnight.

Silva was showing flaws in his game before this fight. Let's not forget that Sonnen dropped him multiple times. He was also in his late 30s. Weidman was a young lion with power in his hands, basically Sonnen 2.0 with better striking.

You shouldn't be shocked by how age works TS. Just be glad that Silva's prime lasted much longer than Weidman's.

Someone spitting out facts

Anderson overestimated himself, underestimated time, miscalculated/had bad luck in the dodge, but above all Weidman simply refused to play Anderson's game. He took no baits and gave Anderson nothing to work with. He fought safe and it was his day, his punch found the mark and that was that.

The SECOND fight though, with the leg snap... what the fuck was that

I just remember thinking at the time silva was taking his shit to the next level. Thought he was still fighting bonnar and paid for it.

I remember catching this at the bar. The entire bar was basically...

ice-cube-chris-tucker.gif

And then silence.

Nobody was cheering for Chris at all.
it was different for me, we were all cheering at B Dubs, I was going nuts cus I hated Silva

I very much so remember that glorious time where the majority of sherdog gave me shit for saying Weidman would beat him

I remember that Weizmann has less than 2% chance of winning thread. I remember the many many "he'll be Silva's easiest title defense of his career" bla bla bla

Liked Silva, hated his fanbase at the time. It was a glorious moment in mma for me.

The Chris was awesome
Silva avoided the fight for a while
he was asking for different fights

he never wanted the fight but was forced into it

Only tard is you and the BJ fans who claim he is some LW goat

Hughes...

Fellow top fighters gave him the credit, including ur favourite fighter.
Somebody ban this shertard pls

<{Red Card}>

Fellow top fighters gave him the credit, including ur favourite fighter.
Somebody ban this shertard pls

<{Red Card}>
yeah it's called being nice/hype/fans etc etc

anderson said if aldo was at 185 he'd move out the division
oh wait
your dumb ass probably believes that

or was he just hyping up aldo as he was coming up the ranking etc

Sonnen domination aside, no one was expecting a Weidman KO victory. Don't sit here and try to act like you knew that was coming. A loss sure... I could see Silva sustaining that. Having his lights shut off by Weidman? No one saw that coming.

Also, it wasn't just his reign ending.... who knew that would be the beginning of the end of Weidman's career? He looked like he was going to be reigning for a long time after dismantling Silva.
Weidman had showed power in his hands so many did see that as a possibility

Anyone who's talking about Silva and roids needs to look at Weidman's record since USADA came into the picture and realize that the playing field was more than even in this fight. The majority of the guys Anderson beat were juiceheads.
Dude stop, Weidman never failed a test and has looked good even in defeat. Silva was the main juice head, him and Vitor.

People ignoring half the point of this thread. It’s not just the surprise that Silva lost by KO…. It’s that Weidman got completely folded shortly thereafter. Who the fuck could have predicted a Silva KO loss and Weidman’s career ending up like that? No one.

Weidman did fall apart, but two and a half years later and after three successful title defenses.

Anderson overestimated himself, underestimated time, miscalculated/had bad luck in the dodge, but above all Weidman simply refused to play Anderson's game. He took no baits and gave Anderson nothing to work with. He fought safe and it was his day, his punch found the mark and that was that.

The SECOND fight though, with the leg snap... what the fuck was that
The 2nd fight Anderson was getting his ass beat and almost finished before the leg snap

Wasn't Silva saying some weird things in the pre-fight build-up? Seem to recall some talk about giving the title to Weidman, like he knew he had become a little too comfortable at the top.
He didn’t give him anything, he got his ass beat twice lol

Also as some have pointed out the odds on these fights were very close. It wasn’t really a shocking upset. Just crazy how it actually went down.

Weidman was juiced out of his mind - Silva is the GOAT.
y1ZodI4.jpg

Look at Weidman now, he will be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life while Anderson makes millions in boxing and becomes world champion again.

I was super surprised to see Anderson get knocked silly. I didn't want to say I told you so because I was fan but I knew that showboating would finally catch up to him.

Everyone has their kryptonite - Christopher Weidman was Anderson Silva's end.
Anderson was bored of winning and clowning whole generations of fighters - he just wanted to give Chris a chance and got caught.

Look at Chris now - while Anderson will be boxing Jake Paul and making $50 million while Chris is on Twitch playing Fortnite for pennies.

silva-weidman.gif

Weidman looked like a monster taking out Silva who was in the midst of the most dominant stretch of wins in perhaps MMA history. Silva hung around in the UFC for a few more years on the tail end of his career but Weidman who looked like a straight killer got completely destroyed... his body basically broken. How the fuck did this all unfold like that? Looking back on it is crazy to me. Did this really go down like this? the fuck? It's been 8 years and I still cannot believe this shit happened. Both of these fighters basically just disappeared from the top of MMA.

MMA is a cruel fucking sport. Did these guys sell their souls or what? The MMA grim reaper came for both their souls and careers that night.

Simple. Anderson didn't take the fight seriously and was screwing around instead of trying to fight legitimately. I remember watching the fight and literally yelling at the TV because of how stupidly Anderson was acting. Make no mistake about it, if Anderson came in there 100% focused, 100% serious, and was ready to kill (like against Leben and Franklin, etc) he would have almost certainly won. But because he was acting the fool, it cost him.

Back