Silva vs Weidman... still can't believe it

Did you watch the fight? he was clowning the whole time and not fighting seriously. You must be totally clueless to classify that as a serious victory. Silva basically gave it to him.

agreed, if you want to watch Anderson fight with no showboating and 100% commitment , watch him vs Irvin, he didn't mess around even one bit in that fight. If Anderson did that in the first Weidman fight I think he could of beaten Weidman

agreed, if you want to watch Anderson fight with no showboating and 100% commitment , watch him vs Irvin, he didn't mess around even one bit in that fight. If Anderson did that in the first Weidman fight I think he could of beaten Weidman

Didnt the irvin fight last like 1 min? What a terrible example.

Silvas run was overrated

MW division was weak AF
Mark Munoz almost got a title shot
that shows you the state of the division
a few solid wins but the competition wasn't all that

the same with BJ
we hyping that guy up because he had wins over Florian & Diego coming to his 'phenomenal' run

They're gonna hang you for this lol.

I agree though, but I stopped trying to make my point on this long ago.
People will see what they want to see it especially when it comes to fighters with auras like AS and BJ sir.

This is pure fanboyism, Anderson always taunted but he turned it up after eating hard GnP and having to escape 2 sub attempts within the first 2 minutes and kept it up to try and goad Weidman into keeping it standing.

Anderson was acting like a complete fool during the fight and it cost him. That's not fanboyism. That's fact.

I was super surprised to see Anderson get knocked silly. I didn't want to say I told you so because I was fan but I knew that showboating would finally catch up to him.

Everyone has their kryptonite - Christopher Weidman was Anderson Silva's end.
On gear? 10/10 times. Silva was far past his prime with it really showing in the Bonnar fight the most.
For all his millions, he has a shitty medical provider or doesn't take care of himself. He also way Over did the baiting that time. In no universe does Silva beat that fucker. I say this with love.

Did you watch the fight? he was clowning the whole time and not fighting seriously. You must be totally clueless to classify that as a serious victory. Silva basically gave it to him.

Yes I watched the fight, he got taken down got his head bounced off the mat from hard GnP, and had to escape 2 sub attempts in the first two minutes. Anderson then started taunting to goad Weidman into keeping it standing and then got KOed in round 2. Literally the only thing he had going in the first fight was low kicks(Weidman was out landing Anderson on head shots) which Weidman trained for in the rematch and dropped Anderson again in the second fight before Anderson threw two low kicks in a row with no set up that both got checked resulting in him breaking his own leg. They fought twice and at no points in either of the fights was Anderson ever ahead in any round.

You Anderson nuthuggers are rediculous, when he taunts Forrest Griffin he's the man and he's in the matrix but when he tries it on Weidman and gets KOed he was just playing around and wasn't being serious or trying to win, people like you are a joke.

Last edited:
Anderson was acting like a complete fool during the fight and it cost him. That's not fanboyism. That's fact.

No it's total fanboysim, he did the same to Griffin and people like you praised him for it, he tried it on Weidman and it backfired and now he was just fooling around, whatever you have to tell yourself fanboy, they fought twice and Anderson lost every round of both fights and got dropped multiple times and had to defend multiple sub attempts.

are we really pretending munoz was some solid contender?
he should be glad alot of semi decent MWs were in SF .. Rockhold. Kennedy. Jacare

Munoz was ranked number 3 in the world when Weidman smoked him, he was a solid contender at MW, just not for a long period of time.

Weidman was a beast at that time and a stylistic nightmare for Anderson. I’m a huge Anderson fan and was so pissed. But the truth is that a lot of us Anderson fans were particularly scared that night cause we knew the Chris had a good chance to win.

Did YOU watch the fight? Silva was getting frustrated because Weidman wouldnt fall into his trap so he increased the showboating to bait him. That has always been Silva's gameplan.

Regardless as you even admit he was show boating. I don't think he was getting frustrated, he just lacked respect and decided to troll him, and got caught. Chris did nothing special other than catch someone clowning. I could have done that. Thinking Chris proved something that night is probably why so many overrated him.

Weidman did fall apart, but two and a half years later and after three successful title defenses.
If he didn't throw that stupid spinning back kick against Rockhold he may very well have won that fight. I remember it was pretty damn competitive to that point. That strongly contributed to his decline imo. That gnp Rockhold unleashed should have been stopped much sooner than it was. That was career changing damage.

Yes I watched the fight, he got taken down got his head bounced off the mat from hard GnP, and had to escape 2 sub attempts in the first two minutes. Anderson then started taunting to goad Weidman into keeping it standing and then got KOed in round 2. Literally the only thing he had going in the first fight was low kicks(Weidman was out landing Anderson on head shots) which Weidman trained for in the rematch and dropped Anderson again in the second fight before Anderson threw two low kicks in a row with no set up that both got checked resulting in him breaking his own leg. They fought twice and at no points in either of the fights was Anderson ever ahead in any round.

You Anderson nuthuggers are rediculous, when he taunts Forrest Griffin he's the man and he's in the matrix but when he tries it on Weidman and gets KOed he was just playing around and wasn't being serious or trying to win, people like you are a joke.

Yes when you manage to KO someone while taunting them, you get praised, and when you get knocked out while taunting you get criticised for being an idiot, it doesn't change the fact he was taunting and not fighting seriously both times. Its not confusing.

I just rewatched the fight. Apart from the early take down and limited GNP, Silva spent the rest of the fight from mid RND 1, taunting Chris by standing right infront of him with his hands down. If you think that is Silva fighting seriously you need your head examined. All Chris proved in that fight is that he was good enough to catch someone who had their hands down taunting him for 5 minutes. Whether Silva managed to win 100 previous fights while taunting is irrelevant totally.

silva-weidman.gif

Weidman looked like a monster taking out Silva who was in the midst of the most dominant stretch of wins in perhaps MMA history. Silva hung around in the UFC for a few more years on the tail end of his career but Weidman who looked like a straight killer got completely destroyed... his body basically broken. How the fuck did this all unfold like that? Looking back on it is crazy to me. Did this really go down like this? the fuck? It's been 8 years and I still cannot believe this shit happened. Both of these fighters basically just disappeared from the top of MMA.

MMA is a cruel fucking sport. Did these guys sell their souls or what? The MMA grim reaper came for both their souls and careers that night.

AS probably loses to all the guys who beat Weidman though. Hard to say Weidman wasn't better than AS it just turned out AS didn't end up facing a lot of the best of his generation because of Strikeforce and Bisping losing the coin flip decision to Sonnen. Rockhold, Bisping, Yoel, Machida do you think AS beats any of them?

I bet Chris so I was glad he got the win just not the way I or anyone expected it.

silva-weidman.gif

Weidman looked like a monster taking out Silva who was in the midst of the most dominant stretch of wins in perhaps MMA history. Silva hung around in the UFC for a few more years on the tail end of his career but Weidman who looked like a straight killer got completely destroyed... his body basically broken. How the fuck did this all unfold like that? Looking back on it is crazy to me. Did this really go down like this? the fuck? It's been 8 years and I still cannot believe this shit happened. Both of these fighters basically just disappeared from the top of MMA.

MMA is a cruel fucking sport. Did these guys sell their souls or what? The MMA grim reaper came for both their souls and careers that night.

Silva had a huge reign and will go down as one of the goats. He was at the tail end of his career anyway.

Weidman, well...thats a tougher pill to swallow.

I still think Silva looked like the better fighter in there. It was kinda like he straight went to clowning and showboating form because he knew his time was up though. It was all of Silvas best and worst traits in fight untill the shocking ko. Kinda like a summary of all the things that made him popular and controversial.
The most surprising fall was Rockhold imo.

silva-weidman.gif

Usada

Back