• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Pump the brakes ... has Islam faced a D1 wrestling All-American yet? Gregor for title eliminator

I just don’t get why anyone wouldn’t want to see Islam/Olivera. If you love mma, that’s a great fight, regardless if you like the fighters or not.

That guy got ktfo by god Damn Kevin lee. Gregor doesent deserve anything at all.

Better than Islam almost dying when Martins KO'd him. Did you think before you wrote that?

With this logic we can throw in Mark Madsen as well, at least he has a silver in the olympics.

I don't see why you'd award him a title shot without giving America's finest a crack at him first. I mean, this is America after all.

Islam vs. Gregor Gillespie for a title eliminator bout, winner gets Charles.

In case you didn't know:

NCAA Division I 149 lbs - 7th place out of Edinboro University (2006)
NCAA Division I 149 lbs - 1st place out of Edinboro University (2007)
NCAA Division I 157 lbs - 5th place out of Edinboro University (2008)
NCAA Division I 157 lbs - 4th place out of Edinboro University (2009)
Four time NCAA Division I All-American

Before you say "blah blah blah he doesn't deserve it", realize you were about to give Dariush a title eliminator with Islam with Beneil's best win being a split decision over Diego Feirrera. Gregor just crushed Feirrera.
Beniel owned Ferguson that's better than any Gregor win

I don't see why you'd award him a title shot without giving America's finest a crack at him first. I mean, this is America after all.

Islam vs. Gregor Gillespie for a title eliminator bout, winner gets Charles.

In case you didn't know:

NCAA Division I 149 lbs - 7th place out of Edinboro University (2006)
NCAA Division I 149 lbs - 1st place out of Edinboro University (2007)
NCAA Division I 157 lbs - 5th place out of Edinboro University (2008)
NCAA Division I 157 lbs - 4th place out of Edinboro University (2009)
Four time NCAA Division I All-American

Before you say "blah blah blah he doesn't deserve it", realize you were about to give Dariush a title eliminator with Islam with Beneil's best win being a split decision over Diego Feirrera. Gregor just crushed Feirrera.

Gregor also got crushed by lee and is on a 1 fight win streak. Dariush is on an 8 fight win streak.

Gregor as much as I like the guy is too inactive to warrant jumping the queue. I think the UFC will also want to double down on not allowing sitting out to be a tactic to jump the queue because it makes it hard for them. They are always going to reward activity IMO.

How does Islam deserve a #1 contender fight without fighting anybody else in the top 10?

I dunno. Maybe it has something to do with his 10 fight winning streak?

LOL ya nevermind the CHAMP having to fight all styles. No, a contender must fight all styles to prove himself worthy to kiss the ground the former champ, who lost his belt on the scale, walks on.

These threads are wonderful.
- Khabib was 26-0 when he got the shot, why should Islam get it with just 10 wins!
- Islam should beat all potential title contenders before getting a shot so there are no remaining title matches to make!
- Even though Olivs lost his belt on the scale, he deserves preferential treatment and it should be nearly impossible to get a fight with him!
- We shouldn't give Islam any benefit for continuing and fighting late replacements just because Dariush and RDA pulled out, he should still have to beat both of them making his short notice fights totally useless!
- Islam hasn't fought anyone in the top 5 but should fight this random fighter well outside of the top 5 because I wanna see smothering wrestlers against each other.
- He should fight #8 Gregor Gillespie because we now care majorly about style matchups of contenders, not of champs, and Gregor has won a whopping 1 fight in a row, and 1 fight total in the previous 3 years!

LOL ya nevermind the CHAMP having to fight all styles. No, a contender must fight all styles to prove himself worthy to kiss the ground the former champ, who lost his belt on the scale, walks on.

- Khabib was 26-0 when he got the shot, why should Islam get it with just 10 wins!
- Islam should beat all potential title contenders before getting a shot so there are no remaining title matches to make!
- Even though Olivs lost his belt on the scale, he deserves preferential treatment and it should be nearly impossible to get a fight with him!
- We shouldn't give Islam any benefit for continuing and fighting late replacements just because Dariush and RDA pulled out, he should still have to beat both of them making his short notice fights totally useless!
- Islam hasn't fought anyone in the top 5 but should fight this random fighter well outside of the top 5 because I wanna see smothering wrestlers against each other.
- He should fight #8 Gregor Gillespie because we now care majorly about style matchups of contenders, not of champs, and Gregor has won a whopping 1 fight in a row, and 1 fight total in the previous 3 years!
Stupid rant. Lay off the weed.

Garbage threads. Gillespie off 1 win where he almost dies in the 1st round gets a title eliminator after fighting once every 1.5 years and also getting KTFO by Kevin Lee? Lmao.

At least Dariush has a 7-fight win streak vs Gillespie's 1-win streak.

Still, just do Islam vs Oliveira, 10 fight win streak at LW is nutsos. Dariush vs Islam if Oliveira refuses to fight. Gillespie can fight someone else, he has a long road ahead before a #1 contender fight.

Gregor needs some wins... against anybody at this point. He's had 3 fights in 4 yrs!

He should be nowhere near contender fights

Stupid rant. Lay off the weed.

Stupid is this thread and all of them like it. The only thing duller than these troll threads is your take on why Islam must have more fights to get a title shot.

Better than Islam almost dying when Martins KO'd him. Did you think before you wrote that?

One of these happened like 2 fights ago, the other 11 fights ago.
I mean around same time as the the Martins KO.. Charles has lost to Max Holloway.
Charles since then went on to lose to Anthony Pettis, Ricardo Lamas, and Paul Felder.

Deep breath buddy, it's just a troll thread

Islam would likely just batter him on the feet if he couldn't wrestle him. Gregor just lost his ranking for inactivity. Dariush makes the most sense IMO. But Dustin, Justin, or Chandler are also names that would put him over. If you can get past one of those guys you're 100% ready.

Back