Pump the brakes ... has Islam faced a D1 wrestling All-American yet? Gregor for title eliminator

SouthpawSouthernFist

experiment gone bad
Banned
Reaction score
I don't see why you'd award him a title shot without giving America's finest a crack at him first. I mean, this is America after all.

Islam vs. Gregor Gillespie for a title eliminator bout, winner gets Charles.

In case you didn't know:

NCAA Division I 149 lbs - 7th place out of Edinboro University (2006)
NCAA Division I 149 lbs - 1st place out of Edinboro University (2007)
NCAA Division I 157 lbs - 5th place out of Edinboro University (2008)
NCAA Division I 157 lbs - 4th place out of Edinboro University (2009)
Four time NCAA Division I All-American

Before you say "blah blah blah he doesn't deserve it", realize you were about to give Dariush a title eliminator with Islam with Beneil's best win being a split decision over Diego Feirrera. Gregor just crushed Feirrera.

Gregor is #1 contender with 1 win in the last 3 years?

Makes sense...

You were fine with Beneil getting that even though his best win is Diego Fierrera (split decision) and a decision over Old Man Tony.

Look at Gregor's finish rate. He could make the jump, his American D1 All-American level wrestling will destroy Islam. Top tier of wrestler in a nation of 300 mill, you'd be surprised.

These threads are getting worse and worse.

I can't believe we have to wait until god knows when to see this fight.

Sherdog is going to be insufferable.

Islam hasn't proven he can beat America's finest yet.

You were fine with Beneil getting that even though his best win is Diego Fierrera (split decision) and a decision over Old Man Tony.

Look at Gregor's finish rate. He could make the jump, his American D1 All-American level wrestling will destroy Islam. Top tier of wrestler in a nation of 300 mill, you'd be surprised.
So you project what you imagine other people's opinions to be and then create a conversation arguing the thing you made up?

Have fun with that.

Seeing as you can have that conversation all by yourself I will see myself out and leave you to do your thing.

You earn your position based on your wins and ranking, not your wrestling credentials or stylistic match ups.Islam should be fighting for the title, it seems we're delaying the inevitable.

Oliveira fans are fuckin terrified of this Islam fight lmao

They're really reaching for Gregor Fuckin Gillespie, 1 win since 2019

<36>

Islam is gonna dominate their boi

This thread's no dumber than the current Islam threads. According to his fans Islam's already the champ.

Back