Pump the brakes ... has Islam faced a D1 wrestling All-American yet? Gregor for title eliminator

too small for the division,
he should be a threat at 145

Islam definitely gets the Khabib treatment(no wrestlers) but unfortunately Gillespie is spiled brat who thinks he is entitled to everything without earning anything.

Glad they finally took his ass out the rankings

Didn't Gregor just get removed from the rankings owing to inactivity? I mean despite that the UFC should give him what would be a number one contender fight, totally makes sense.
This should be another Leon Edwards-type situation where they put him back in after he accepts a fight with someone

Islam definitely gets the Khabib treatment(no wrestlers) but unfortunately Gillespie is spiled brat who thinks he is entitled to everything without earning anything.

Glad they finally took his ass out the rankings
Islam fought mostly wrestlers and grapplers except for his last 2 fights (they were originally booked vs 2 grapplers)
Khabib fought an Olympic wrestler in his debut followed by the guy with the best wrestling stats (defensively and offensively) in lw history followed by 3rd degree bjj black belt followed by a 4 times NAIA all American wrestler, followed by a Division 2 wrestler followed by RDA a black belt who dominated Diaz and Pettis with his Wrestling and grappling at the time

Islam fought many good wrestlers (D1 and D2), and the second best wrestler in the division Arman Tsarukyan he also fought an ADCC world champion grappler

This should be another Leon Edwards-type situation where they put him back in after he accepts a fight with someone
Sure but in against Islam in what would effectively be a number one contender fight, yeah nah. Gregor whilst still in the rankings was what ranked 12th maybe 13th, and has fought what once in the last few years? No way no how should get get a shot against Islam.

That’s an absurd idea. Islam is the rightful to fight for the #1 contender while Gregor would need another 2-3 wins to even be in that position.

Its a great match up on paper but rankings matter.

No, but he has faced a D3 wrestler.

screenshot_20210519-111756-2-jpg.855838

screenshot_20210519-111912-2-jpg.855839

screenshot_20210519-112043-3-jpg.855840

Sure but in against Islam in what would effectively be a number one contender fight, yeah nah. Gregor whilst still in the rankings was what ranked 12th maybe 13th, and has fought what once in the last few years? No way no how should get get a shot against Islam.
No, he was ranked 8th when they took him out.

I agree with you. If they made the fight Gregor would be a great win for Islam but Gregor is more than 1 win away from a TS himself

Yeah he should
Apparently, beating Bobby green earns you a title shot. At least in some ppl minds....
It's not Islam's fault his opponent didn't show up. Bobby was a replacement. He beat the guy they matched him up with. Islam deserves the fight with Oliveira more than anybody else right now. If not give him Chandler and let the winner fight Oliveira. I notice how Chandler has nothing to say when it comes to Islam. For the record Islam is ranked 4 and Chandler 5. Very strange how Chandler has nothing to say when called out buy a guy higher in the rankings. Very weird, very unusual.

It'd be nice for Islam to fight at least one relevant fighter. It seems like everyone is afraid that he'll lose before he gets to fight Charles.

That’s an absurd idea. Islam is the rightful to fight for the #1 contender while Gregor would need another 2-3 wins to even be in that position.

Its a great match up on paper but rankings matter.

No mate. Gregor is on par with Dariush, he's 7-1 in the UFC with best win = Diego, just like Dariush. So, he's perfectly deserving of a fight with Islam.

Then, anyone who beats Islam is in a spot to contend for the title immediately. That's the truth. So you're wrong, he only needs 1 fight for a TS, a win over Islam.

Islam fought mostly wrestlers and grapplers except for his last 2 fights (they were originally booked vs 2 grapplers)
Khabib fought an Olympic wrestler in his debut followed by the guy with the best wrestling stats (defensively and offensively) in lw history followed by 3rd degree bjj black belt followed by a 4 times NAIA all American wrestler, followed by a Division 2 wrestler followed by RDA a black belt who dominated Diaz and Pettis with his Wrestling and grappling at the time

Islam fought many good wrestlers (D1 and D2), and the second best wrestler in the division Arman Tsarukyan he also fought an ADCC world champion grappler
Arman is a great win but he it was short-notice ufc debut at 22 years old. That's like giving credit to Poirier or Conor for beating 22 year old Max.

RDA is a blackberry yes but he's tailor made for wrestlers to beat, as he is basically useless off of his back and has average tdd.

Arman is a great win but he it was short-notice ufc debut at 22 years old. That's like giving credit to Poirier or Conor for beating 22 year old Max.

RDA is a blackberry yes but he's tailor made for wrestlers to beat, as he is basically useless off of his back and has average tdd.
The Arman Tsarukyan that fought Islam would still be the best wrestler Charles has faced
Tsarukyan had his background in freestyle wrestling prior to joining the UFC so I don't see how 3 more years of training MMA could've added to his lifelong wrestling

I don't see why you'd award him a title shot without giving America's finest a crack at him first. I mean, this is America after all.

Islam vs. Gregor Gillespie for a title eliminator bout, winner gets Charles.

In case you didn't know:

NCAA Division I 149 lbs - 7th place out of Edinboro University (2006)
NCAA Division I 149 lbs - 1st place out of Edinboro University (2007)
NCAA Division I 157 lbs - 5th place out of Edinboro University (2008)
NCAA Division I 157 lbs - 4th place out of Edinboro University (2009)
Four time NCAA Division I All-American

Before you say "blah blah blah he doesn't deserve it", realize you were about to give Dariush a title eliminator with Islam with Beneil's best win being a split decision over Diego Feirrera. Gregor just crushed Feirrera.
On what planet on what galaxy in what universe is Gregor fucking Guisseppe worthy of a title shot???

The guy is the biggest Duck in MMA history

GTFO wit this BS

On what planet on what galaxy in what universe is Gregor fucking Guisseppe worthy of a title shot???

The guy is the biggest Duck in MMA history

GTFO wit this BS

title eliminator, not TS.

he'd get a TS if he beat Islam. I would say that anyone who beats Islam deserves a title shot.

The Arman Tsarukyan that fought Islam would still be the best wrestler Charles has faced

2019 Tsarukyan would beat at least half the Top 10 right now, and is still the person who gave Islam the best challenge of his career up to this day.

Beneil is a real asshole for causing us to deal with shit like this. Dude just had to get injured.

Back