Why isn't Volk more popular among fans?

Tearing Max, Zombie and Ortega new arseholes hasn't been enough to destroy the outside point fighter reputation he'd built up.

What's crazy is he sits head and shoulders above anyone in MMA right now at fighting on the inside.

He'll mangle some faces in his next few fights and it'll turn around for him.

I don't get why people like Max so much other than his skills. He looks like a crackhead and sounds like a toddler with braindamage.
<Neil01>

Some kind of vulnerability is endearing. He has none. ( Other than being a manlet).

Dude he talked to Max Holloway in all of their fights. He said stuff like "we still fresh yeah?!?" When Max was starting to gas out at the end of the first fight. And in the third fight he said "you're too slow I have your number" or something like that. He's badass in the cage. I think it's unfair everyone keeps talking about him being a point fighter because that is a judgement based off of his strategy and gameplan he used against Max. Max is a guy who is known to have an incredible chin and is basically impossible to finish like the Diaz Brothers or Marvin Vettori. Knowing that he was up against a guy who had legendary cardio and couldn't be knocked out Volk tried to very strategically pick Max apart and get a decision without gassing out near the end and getting finishes.
That's talking shit in competition it's hardly the same thing as going on the microphone between fights and putting on theatric performances.

Exciting fights, very active, zero ducking, good guy in and out of the ring, and dominant.
How the hell is that exciting? He's fighting a guy who he beat 2 times already and never giving him any chance. Strange notion of excitement.

The guy is just plain boring and can't finish shit. He has knockout power but never uses it. He is an accomplished greco wrestler but he never does anything with it apart from hugging his opponent near the fence. He is probably on track to become FW GOAT but that doesn't make me looking forward to his next fight.

Imagine you want to introduce your clueless friend to MMA and show him a Volkanovski fight. He would stay away from it to the end of his days.

as others have said. He's not a big personality, he's not flashy and not a finisher. He's a good workman like fighter which is fine in the cage but its not gonna make you a star.

Because he doesn't paint his nails and jack off to cartoons

Imagine you want to introduce your clueless friend to MMA and show him a Volkanovski fight. He would stay away from it to the end of his days.
Show your hypothetical clueless friend any of Volk's last 3 fights or equally watch them yourself, if you or he thinks they weren't entertaining you both should probably stay away from MMA to the end of your days.

I dont like CKA. Him, Izzy, and Eugene rub ne the wrong way. Can't stand them

With that said Alex seems to be the toughest and hardest working FW and it's super annoying. Hats off to him though

People want drama and they also like flashy highlights, Volk is neither. I hope he never becomes a drama guy, I don't think he will. He can improve his finishing ability though, which will gain more fans.

Show your hypothetical clueless friend any of Volk's last 3 fights or equally watch them yourself, if you or he thinks they weren't entertaining you both should probably stay away from MMA to the end of your days.
That's why he has no fans. Because only a few REAL MMA FANS (who also like WMMA and FLW by the way) can appreciate his boring standup darting in and out.

Everybody saying that he is boring is crazy. His fight with Ortega will go down as an all time classic.

probably because he's too busy getting better and his hobbies include making food vlogs. people want to see tyson/mcgregor wild fighters

Because most people were already fans of Max and the fights were close.

It's just an initial bias thing.

Volk is amazing and everyone who doesn't hate for fun is coming around.

And it never goes well when the guy in that position acts butt hurt about not getting enough love. Weidman had a similar problem.

Back