I didn't care if either Adesanya or Poatan won, but that was an early stoppage.

Atroce

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
He was still defending on his feet, moving his head and trying to evade/survive. I feel like especially in championship fights where the stakes are so unimaginably high, that it needs to be definitive for you to step in as a ref. Yes, could this cause the fighters more harm? Of course, but if you ask them what they prefer, they will all tell you that they'd rather go out than have the opportunity to recover taken from them.

Having said that, Poatan is a heckin scary dude and am excited to watch him defend and KO some more dudes. Good fight.

He was still defending on his feet, moving his head and trying to evade/survive. I feel like especially in championship fights where the stakes are so unimaginably high, that it needs to be definitive for you to step in as a ref. Yes, could this cause the fighters more harm? Of course, but if you ask them what they prefer, they will all tell you that they'd rather go out than have the opportunity to recover taken from them.

Having said that, Poatan is a heckin scary dude and am excited to watch him defend and KO some more dudes. Good fight.
I was rooting for Alex and I agree it was an early stoppage. I think we get the same result but no reason to rush right in there.

Trying to evade? LMAO dude didn’t know where he was, the last right hand made him look straight to the floor about to eat another huge shot before the ref stepped in.

you guys wanted Izzy dead

that was a perfect stoppage. Alex was landing when izzy was with it, another second or two izzy gets put out cold. You never know how that effects a fighter later in his career. He should be thankful the ref stepped in. You dont want a guy like alex throwing bombs when you arent looking at him and are already on Q^$$R street

I agree, and I picked and wanted Pereira to win. He was ducking and weaving, albeit sloppily since he was wobbled. But he was intelligently defending himself. We've seen far crazier comebacks.

he was done, the ref saved him some head trauma, he will be glad at the end of the day because he will get the rematch anyway

Wanted Pereira to win, but that was early for a championship fight. Izzy was technically defending himself; however, 95% chance Pereira would have put him to sleep within 10 seconds anyway.

I thought it was early too, but after the replays…. I dunno, looked like Izzy was done. I can see how it was a good stoppage. I do think he should have been allowed to go out like a warrior. It’s not like he’s been getting ko’ed on a regular basis. Given the importance of this fight to him… this is going to sting.

He was saved from going back to the shadowrealm.
Ejmn34jWkAAwNwu.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back