Izzy got robbed. Was it a good/bad stoppage?

Good stoppage?

• Yes

• Early

Results are only viewable after voting.
Izzy was cruising to a solid win by keeping his distance with counters, holding him against the cage and even a takedown with ground control.

It felt like he was hunting for a KO of his own to avenge his losses, and it went downhill quick.
Wasnt ego. It was a flaw in his game. Izzy backs up but doesnt circle out. He presented pereirra the chance all fight. He took it in the 5th

To be fair, Pereira might have been saved by the bell in the first. I think OP might be a bit right; Izzy wins this fight if he doesn't care about finishing.
He definitely had him in deep trouble, but fell right back into his usual routine in the second. What if is not a finish, despite the clear advantage.

Izzy and fans were robbed of absolute certainty. I didn't like the stoppage, but he was most likely saved from a more severe concussion

Nah. I personally think he was kicking some ass for the first 3 rounds. Was doing really good. then he fell into his old habits of thinking he can point fight. Payed the price dearly. That leg check did not help. After that it was all downhill. I think this leg check really fucking hurt him.

I don't think it was ego. Izzy seemed pretty serious going into this one. He had a great gameplan but did not stick to it.

I fully expect a rematch . Izzy needs to break some old habits . Humbly analyze what he did wrong and come back. He can Beat Perriera but he can't fuck around anymore. Save the fucking around for fat gastelum and drunk costa. Not this killer.

Both? The stoppage was early in the way that he likely would have recovered, but it stopped further damage from occurring later in the fight.

Surviving 5 rounds with a guy who hits that hard is a difficult task.

Espeically when he is taller and 20lbs heavier
To be fair, Pereira might have been saved by the bell in the first. I think OP might be a bit right; Izzy wins this fight if he doesn't care about finishing.

Maybe but his chin is solid. I am glad he won but he needs to delay their rematch for like 9 months and really improve his volume and grappling. The fact he took Izzy down was good though.

Adesanya couldn't even defend himself and his head was down. Would you rather have Izzy get kneed in the head and get concussed? WTF.

Yeah Izzy was still moving his head. Alex was missing at the end Not sure about that one.
He wasn't missing, he was treating his head like a reflex bag. It's a good stoppage, it would've only ended with Izzy in the shadow realm. Izzy was unable to fight back anymore, you don't want to be a punching bag for someone with punching power like Pereira.

Honestly I think he let the fight slip away during round 4
Alex was exhausted after the grappling and Izzy did his typical point fighting instead of going right back to what dominated round 3

um

he did not have his hands up when it got stopped. He had been dropped to his knees had taken several clean shots, and literally looked like a crack fiend with his head down, weaving in slow motion

good stoppage imo. Unless you wanted to see Izzy knocked stone dead i guess

Lol he his hands up at some points during that flurry. So what is it, as soon as you drop your hands and start weaving with your hands down after you got wobbling, that's a loss?

Waffle.

he fought kelvin at like 40. you’re clearly trolling. how about akiyama? rich franklin? wanderlei silva? crawl back in your cubby, goofball.

Akiyama = judoka which reinforces my point about Vitor mostly flattening grapplers
Franklin = much better grappler than striker, jack of all trades master of none, would likely not even be ranked by today's standards
Wanderlei Silva =- sloppy brawler who just looped/windmilled all of his punches

PRIDE FC was super exciting but the skill level from back then is bush league compared to today overall. You don't even have to train to see it, you just prefer the warm feelings from nostalgia over reality like many others.

if that ref didnt step in, poaton would have clinched that head and flatlined him with a knee. fuck that ref.

Last edited:
No one is calling it what it is and izzy was trying to rope-a-dope instead of staying on his bike and circling. Izzy really showed negative fight iq there

I understand why some believe the stoppage was early but the reality is Adesanya was out on his feet. How many more strikes from one of the hardest hitting men in the sport should Adesanya have taken for the stoppage to be justified?

The fight was going to be at minimum a draw.

Letting Pereira tee off on a defenseless opponent, out on their feet, is how you get someone killed. Good stoppage in my opinion.

Round 1: Adesanya 10-9 (10-9 Adesanya)
Round 2: Pereira 10-9 (19-19)
Round 3: Adesanya 10-9 (29-28 Adesanya)
Round 4: Adesanya 10-9 (39-37 Adesanya
Round 5: 10-8 Pereira: (47-47)

Adesanya was doomed there, he took many brutal shots there and ita amazing he was still even on his feet. But it was getting worse with a lot of time left and Poatan was not stopping his onslaught any time soon.

Good stoppage.

Back