Izzy got robbed. Was it a good/bad stoppage?

Good stoppage?

• Yes

• Early

Results are only viewable after voting.
But wasn't

Rules don't say the fight ends when one fighter is in the shadow realm. They say it ends when one fighter is taking successive blows without offering intelligent defense. Which is exactly what was happening, a la Conor vs Floyd.

But yes, I would have liked to see Israel breathing through an oxygen mask again, too; damn Goddard for being too good at his job.

Lol, late stoppage if anything. Just a fantastic result. Liked Izzy's post-fight interview with Olivi though. Showed a lot of character.

Last edited:
No one is calling it what it is and izzy was trying to rope-a-dope instead of staying on his bike and circling. Izzy really showed negative fight iq there

Nice try... but he was out on his feet. The only thing that kept him on his feet was the cage and he even felt at one point on his knees

robbery lol you want bodybags in the octagon then you are satisfied. do you know how hard alex hits? ref saved his life.

I thought it was early at first. But nah, that was a good stoppage. Izzy was about to eat a big left uppercut right when they stopped it. And Perreira stopped that punch mid-throw the instant the ref put his arm in between them, so Perreira knew he was done, too. And Izzy said his coaches even told him it was a good stoppage.

Izzy probably would've dieded if he didn't stop it but I still want that conclusive end. It's a championship fight where the guy was clearly winning on the cards, let the man go out on his shield. I know they are not supposed to take shit like that into account but whateer

Ah I didn't see this thread.

Sucks because there should be a 3rd "slightly earlier than I'd like, but justifiable" or something to that effect.
<PlusJuan>
This exactly. It was a touch earlier than it should’ve been imo, but Izzy wasn’t really intelligently defending either. Robotically swaying back and forth in slow motion with your head down and eyes off your opponent doesn’t quite meet the threshold of “intelligent defense” imo. Izzy was done.

Almost every opinion on Sherdog is coloured by people’s feelings about a fighter. In many cases here, those who wanted to see Izzy lose will support the stoppage while those who support him will think it’s early.

Izzy was dropped and then went into auto-pilot mode with the swaying back and forth stuff. He was a punch or two away from being put out cold. The fact that he needed to be held up after the stoppage is a strong indicator he was done.

The only difference between this and the Rousey Nunes stoppage is he protested.

He was taking shots with his hands down, bumbling and stumbling all over the place.

He was a few seconds away from most likely taking a knee to the face and some G-n-P.

TS would have made a thread about how shitty a ref Goddard is if he had let it go on 5-10seconds more.

Stoppage was fine. He ate multiple big shots. And wasn't even looking at his opponent anymore and was like a second away from getting blasted with a knee being bent over like that not touching the ground.

If anything it was a bad stoppage from Alex perspective since the ref stole him another highlight with Izzy on an oxygen mask. Your boy was about to be decapitated

A standing tko in a championship fight. Holy shit.

Back