Izzy got robbed. Was it a good/bad stoppage?

Good stoppage?

• Yes

• Early

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think Izzy should've been the opportunity to recover or get KTFO but I can definitely see why it was stopped; also, robbed is way too strong a word.

He went down once, got up, and was about to go lights out permanently. Bad stoppage my ass. You izzy fans need to swallow your tears and just take this L.

Izzy is lucky cause the plum clinch to knee to the head was coming up if the ref didn't save him

Izzy fans should be thrilled that the ref likely saved years of his fighting career by him avoiding getting brutally knocked out

i would have loved to see adeysanya absord a couple more hooks and some ground strikes while unconscious. ref truely robbed us of that.

That fight was about 1.5 seconds from giving us Shadface 2.0

That's the only reason you savages are upset

He was out on his feet and when the ref came in you could clearly see that he wasn't even looking up or at the punches anymore.Pereira would have had another highlight KO reel against him if the ref didn't jump in.

You should be grateful for this stoppage if you are a Izzy fan.

WTF was that stoppage?

Good stoppage, Poatan can finish and it was either lose, or lose with a serious brain injury. It’s best for him now to have not been out for 2 mins on the canvas

Devils advocate:

the ref saw what was coming and stopped it early.

Refs shouldn’t try and predict the future.

Ref should’ve let Israel go longer. And get fully ko’d. With follow up shots.

He was out on his feet and when the ref came in you could clearly see that he wasn't even looking up or at the punches anymore.Pereira would have had another highlight KO reel against him if the ref didn't jump in.

You should be grateful for this stoppage if you are a Izzy fan.

So you’re accusing uncle Dana of getting refs to call early stoppages to avoid the highlight reel stain for their stars?

It was within the realm of what constitutes a stoppage these days, but I think that old school fight fans and fighters themselves would prefer a little bit more conclusive stoppages, particularly in such a high stakes fight, and if the fighter is still on their feet and defending.
(Izzy defends via head movement)

It wasn't a terrible stoppage.
But a smidge early IMO.

Ah I didn't see this thread.

Sucks because there should be a 3rd "slightly earlier than I'd like, but justifiable" or something to that effect.

Ref should have allowed Izzy to be a warrior.
R.41068a61ba9f9106a34fa55e8209ceae

A touch earlier than I would have done (in the ref's place), but well within bounds of a reasonable stoppage.

Imagine if he hit him with a flying knee while Izzy's head was down. <BC1>

Back