Izzy got robbed. Was it a good/bad stoppage?

Good stoppage?

• Yes

• Early

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ego? What ego?
Izzy was completely unlucky in that fight. I would have thought that some of his elbows standing would have really put on the finishing touches in the later rounds but nope.

We get this BS stoppage.

Also Pereira was said to weigh about 215 but he could have weighed more than that.

How tf did Pereira even cut down to MW is...actually quite suspect because he's even bigger than Prochazka
upload_2022-11-13_6-30-52.png

He's gonna get a rematch soon. But he lost wasn't the worst stoppage at all

Or even an uppercut

Or a guillotine. Personally I think Izzy got saved from a flying armbar.

LOL Stopping a championship fight because you think the Champ might get finished soon, is full-blown retarded and unfair. Shit way to end a fight like that

I thought it was a good stoppage because Izzy was having trouble standing and his ducking wasn’t being effective he was still getting clipped. Pereira was planted in front of him with Izzy bent over hands down, I think it’s reasonable for the ref to say it’s only a matter of time.

I thought and hoped that Izzy would win, but he fucked it up in the last round. The ref saved him. A good stoppage.

LOL Stopping a championship fight because you think the Champ might get finished soon, is full-blown retarded and unfair. Shit way to end a fight like that
Nah, he was legit lined up for an uppercut in his staring at the floor stance. Good stoppage in my opinion

A better comparison would be the ref stopping the fight due to an armbar hyper extending his arm. Sure he can survive it, but it would cost lasting damage to his arm. And he’s well within his right to stop it there even without the tap.
Example - Noguiera/Werdum Kimura

In a non-title fight I would have been okay with this stoppage, but you should let it go a bit more when the championship is on the line.

Then again, this assures an instant rematch. Which . . . bleh.

He was weaving out of muscle memory into punches, then weaving into more punches. Almost every punch was landing. His arms were flailing like a muppet. He was barely conscious.

It's a good thing you people aren't referees
Yeah if god forbid Izzy went into a coma in the hospital, they would be saying the ref should be banned for stopping the fight too late.

In a non-title fight I would have been okay with this stoppage, but you should let it go a bit more when the championship is on the line.

Then again, this assures an instant rematch. Which . . . bleh.

You have to protect yourself at all times.

He wasn't protecting himself lmao.

It was over.

When do you ever see Adesanya out of position like that? It was over.

Back